Firmware for Globmall ABOX A1 Max 4K Android Tv Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware for Globmall ABOX A1 Max 4K Android Tv Box

I am unsure how to title this but basically, I am curious what is out there for the above TV Box. I'm Canadian so I didn't have ot much TV boxes outside of roku's and I love android, with their freedom and all that. I was disappointing with the box I got because its basically acts like a tablet, making Netflix and Youtube an utter shitshow to use. I got this for my family who are avid streamers of Netflix, while using this box for its Kodi App, which is solves all the codec issues my parents have.

I heard you can flash firmware that are custom and far better for the use of a controller and all that, like official Android TV OS's, so I wonder, does anyone know whats the best thing to use for my box? I want to keep kodi, but I also wish to use Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Video as if it was on a Roku device, full remote support without pretending its a "tablet"

I basically want a box that's not a tablet to run the above programs along with Kodi.

As far as I know the box uses the Rockchip RK3328 while running android 7.1.2 and all that. But i hear alot of firmwares for different devices so I'm afraid of bricking the device and what not.

Thanks for helping!

Originally posted by Kuro-Kairaku View Post
    I am unsure how to title this but basically, I am curious what is out there for the above TV Box. I'm Canadian so I didn't have ot much TV boxes outside of roku's and I love android, with their freedom and all that. I was disappointing with the box I got because its basically acts like a tablet, making Netflix and Youtube an utter shitshow to use. I got this for my family who are avid streamers of Netflix, while using this box for its Kodi App, which is solves all the codec issues my parents have.

I heard you can flash firmware that are custom and far better for the use of a controller and all that, like official Android TV OS's, so I wonder, does anyone know whats the best thing to use for my box? I want to keep kodi, but I also wish to use Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Video as if it was on a Roku device, full remote support without pretending its a "tablet"

I basically want a box that's not a tablet to run the above programs along with Kodi.

As far as I know the box uses the Rockchip RK3328 while running android 7.1.2 and all that. But i hear alot of firmwares for different devices so I'm afraid of bricking the device and what not.

Thanks for helping!
    Amazon Video doesn't work on your device.
    No custom ROM's available, you must do research before buying a tv box to see what is supported a lot.
    Kodi will play up to 1080p, but 4K is a mess(from Kodi's side), you need proper firmware and need to use SPMC.
    All tv boxes run tablet firmware unless you buy an AndroidTV tv box or the device has a custom AndroidTV ROM to use.
    You can only use the firmware/software already on your box since there is nothing else available.
    Netflix will work but only v4.16 from Netflix's site as the device is not Google certified.
    If Netflix is the main thing used then it would have been better to get a Xiaomi MiBox to play HD Netflix instead perhaps.
    Just some thoughts I share.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Lots of stuff above.
      Figured. I should of done research but it wasn't until I realized what was going on since my limited knowledge only got me so far till I came across various places like here. It's still freshly new and I can return it as of right now and get a far better box, so seeing you seem to be knowledgeable, can I ask for a recommendation? I hope there's a Canadian market for what ever you would recommend. The one I got was just as cheap as the current Roku we have, and I loved the idea of having faster and more freedom.

As it stands, I'd like to have something that is capable of playing up to 4k, locally and streamed (parents love to watch movies on their harddrive). I'd like it to have the ability to play Netflix, Amazon, Youtube as well, up to 4K if applicable. Better yet if the device can also support streaming from a laptop as well. Hell, the cherry ontop would also to be able to install a VPN or do some funnky stuff to spoof our canadian location to america and get america netflix. Kodi is also a wonderful program to be honest, it index's all my mothers movies while allowing to download description and information about thm.

I don't think android versioning matters to much, but I would also like it to be future proof, but the most important thing the confusing "AndroidTV tv box". I want one to not act like a tablet and have full remote functionality.

Does the Xiaomi MiBox do all of this? It doesn't need to be 4k, but my family is getting a tv for 4k very soon.

Thanks for helping, and thanks even if you don't. I appreciate you letting me know all this. I will begin searching for a better box.

An example of what I see next on amazon for canadians is: Leelbox M8S Pro TV Box, S905W processor but I dont think it uses the AndroidTV box, despite calling itself an AndroidTV box. So confusing.
      Last edited by Kuro-Kairaku; 12-14-2017, 21:07.

Comment

Working...
      X