X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zidoo X7 judder issues with MKVs

Hello,

have same annoying issue with my X7:
    for each MKV i have 2-3 times a short judder per hour. Weird, if i go back to the position, the judder is gone.
    no matter which player i am using and which USB port.

Playing on my TV, no judder.
    All picture enhancements are disabled, enabled the same judder

Any idea whats going on?

Could i use any other ROM? which would be the best?

Cheers,
    Tom

Originally posted by x7soc View Post
    Hello,

have same annoying issue with my X7:
    for each MKV i have 2-3 times a short judder per hour. Weird, if i go back to the position, the judder is gone.
    no matter which player i am using and which USB port.

Playing on my TV, no judder.
    All picture enhancements are disabled, enabled the same judder

Any idea whats going on?

Could i use any other ROM? which would be the best?

Cheers,
    Tom
    Send it back and get your money back.
    Since the release of the product, not a single update or any support in Zidoo forums, only for newer Realtek devices.
    I don't think the situation will change.

Other things also not working are Amazon Prime, 4K, HDR & audio pass-through.

Comment

mhm......i just need a box to play HD MKVs without judder, i don using streaming apps...
      I am wondering why this box is causing judder....other RK3328 SOC seems to have not this issue....?

maybe its the truth and this box is crap if all video player have this juddering.....i was hoping it could be related to the software and using a different ROM could solve it?

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can try a different ROM but you will most likely loose wifi, ir remote support and it might not boot or brick your device.
        The problems are definitely software related as other manufacturers already released more than 5 updates for their devices.

how to get new update from zidoo? even my threads in their support forum are unanswered and in general the support for the x7 looks horrible (missing in downlods page etc.)
      is it such a bad box for zidoo?

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        One of the worst RK3328 tv boxes so far.

got confimation from zidoo support for a new firmware release in a few days.lets see
      i wrote to an zidoo staff forum member and now its going steps forward :-D

Comment

i tested now latest beelink A1 image and Android TV 7.1 Community Build Image [eMMC] by ayufan and i have also this short judder issue.
        WTF is going on? changed HDMI cable, HDMI port annd tried different images but always this judder --> HW bad?

Comment

Originally posted by x7soc View Post
          i tested now latest beelink A1 image and Android TV 7.1 Community Build Image [eMMC] by ayufan and i have also this short judder issue.
          WTF is going on? changed HDMI cable, HDMI port annd tried different images but always this judder --> HW bad?
          Zidoo still not released an update?
          Can you post a short sample video that has stutter, I want to test if I also get it?
          You don't play 23.976fps videos, then you need to use RKMC and enable 23.976fps support otherwise everything will play at 60fps and will stutter around every 16 minutes.

Comment

no update from zidoo.
            indeed, i play 23.976fps and have enabled physical floating HDMI signal(23.976hz, 59.94hz) in FTMC and mostly have the short judder every 15-20 minutes
            Jesus, after exiting FTMC the 23,976 option is disabled.
            i will try RKMC now. Thx for the hint !

EDIT:
            the judder is much better, but appears still (once). Maybe i am to senstitive now :-(
            23.976 option is also disabled after starting RKMC,

my general settings:
            resolution 720p@50
            Playback: adjust refresh display rate -->on start/stop
            RKcodec: 23.976 enabled after each MC start.

how about videos with 25fps? diabled 23.976hz and due resolution of 720p@50hz no stutter/judder, right?
            Last edited by x7soc; 02-12-2018, 13:20.

Comment

Working...
            X