Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX9 Max RK3328 AP6051 - 2/16GB - some thoughts about flashing, Rockchip PC driver installing and some other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX9 Max RK3328 AP6051 - 2/16GB - some thoughts about flashing, Rockchip PC driver installing and some other stuff.

Hi there, I recently bought that box and as many here wrongfully did... updated superSU And of course it bootlooped the device. So, long story short - I found some aspects of the preflash process, which could be useful.
    Firstly I tried to install the driver, with no luck - the box was detected for short periods of time (seconds, during red light), then after initial boot, it was already undetectable (blue light). So as I read here and elsewhere, thought what could be the problem generally. Dismantled it (I'm attaching some pics of the PCB) to look for the answer there (pins for shorting etc.). Meanwhile, decided to check the VID of the device (to search for it on the internet), for witch to happen I had to use Aida64 to look for more detailed info and to be quick and as soon as the device is detected (red light - as unknown device), refreshed the aida64's windows devices tab. For example, my VID value is "USB\VID_2207&PID_320C&REV_0100" and found that there is no driver (library) for that number in the *.ini file of the driver in the version of "RK_DriverAssitant" I downloaded (unknown/unspecified version), then tried with 4.1.1 same - my VID, missing. So I started searching for other versions and came across ver.4.4 which contained the aforementioned VID. And then driver flawlessly installed. So, now it holds on red light and is detected in both "AndroidTool v2.3" and "RKBatchTool v1.8". And now I'm waiting to receive the firmware for it (frmver: 7.1.2 NHG47K/foxluo07121011 - rooted version), from the seller in Gearbest (btw, If you came across that or compatible firmware, share it ).

P.S. One more thing, until the unit was dismantled (I already knew, about the general problem with the cooling), I removed the aluminium radiator from the CPU (carefully, with butane soldering iron with heat blow tip), cleaned the chip (wasn't easy - the shit is like rock and probably with the same thermal dissipation characteristics ) and applied normal thermal compound (MX-2) instead of the shit, which by my opinion is some thermal silicone glue. The radiator is holding fine on the thermal paste.

So, I hope someone will find that post useful. I would back then.

Little update,
    Gearbest support is completely inadequate of understanding, what I need of them (or pretend to be) - nothing new. But, I found completely compatible firmware for that box, so Im posting the link in case someone need it:

Now you have ready for download a new firmware update based on Android 7.1, dated 12-12-2017 and valid for the Mini TV-Box R-TV BOX Mini PLUS that includes

Rom is 100% compatible (and rooted) with the following boxes:
    R-TV BOX Mini +
    MX9 Max

Comment

I have an MX9 Max version 7.1.2/NHG47K/foxluo10231825, according to the recovery screen, which isn't rooted.

FTA, do you have any idea if the firmwares for boxes that came rooted by default will work on mine? In other words, do both boxes share the same SoC?

In my case, I just wanted root to add some missing basic functionality to the stock ROM, such as the wallpaper service or a documents provider implementation (I can't set wallpapers nor give write access to external devices)

Do you have such issues on your ROM?

Comment

No, mine was (and after reflashing still is) fully rooted, no permissions problem. I don't think there is any incompatibility on base of rooted/unrooted roms, incompatibility may occur on hardware or other base. And the rom from the link should do the trick (although I can't guarantee anything). They should be with the same hardware, I doubt they making the same model with different hardware.

P.S. I checked back there and there are 2 companies in China assembling that box and Im sure they use the same PCB and SoC + wifi module.

Comment

I finally received firmware from Gearbest support (barely found a way to download it from baidu). It is with integrated KODI v18. And found another witch is for "Vontar A5X +", but still has driver for that unit wifi. There are reuploads from Mega, for easier download:

Vontar A5X plus
          MX9 max

Comment

I have a mx9 max rk3328 does not activate the wifi already tried to install many rooms and nothing solves someone there can help me please because I do not know what to do if someone else can help me I thank you

Comment

Originally posted by FTA View Post
              Little update,
              Gearbest support is completely inadequate of understanding, what I need of them (or pretend to be) - nothing new. But, I found completely compatible firmware for that box, so Im posting the link in case someone need it:

https://androidpctv.com/firmware-r-t...oc-12-12-2017/

Rom is 100% compatible (and rooted) with the following boxes:
              R-TV BOX Mini +
              MX9 Max
              eu instalei esse firware na minha mx9 max funcionou de boa mais tem um porem o wifi nao esta funcionando eu ligo ele e ele se desliga sozinho alguem ai pode me ajudar poi eu ja nao sei o que fazer

I installed this firware in my mx9 max worked good but there is a wifi is not working I turn it on and it turns itself off somebody there can help me poi I do not know what to do
              Last edited by trebor; 03-12-2018, 18:29.

Comment

Which one?
                Last edited by FTA; 03-19-2018, 17:39.

Comment

For future readers, I confirm that the first link works for my MX9 max box. It has root and nice ROM defaults. I can finally set a wallpaper or writing to external devices!

Comment

you can flash this new firmware Android 8.1 Oreo on MX9max

http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/05/a...date-20180515/
                    Last edited by dimon4ik86; 05-22-2018, 18:45.

Comment

Any advantages?

Comment

Not really. I tested the version and I'm back on Android 7 because of system crashes now and then. Maybe someone has more luck with the new android version

Comment

I have similar observations for Oreo on smartphone - the OS is not yet ready. Btw, is that rom rooted?

Comment

A9 MAX HW Same as R-TV BOX MINI &A5X MAX Mini =RK3328+D3+SV6051P

FW NAME/// Ver /// Test
                            R-TV BOX MINI+ 20171212.img /// 7.12 /// work OK
                            mini_rk3328_d16_8189-6051_20170526_r1(mx9pro mini kodi17.2).img //7.12 /// work OK

mini_rk3328_d32_8.1_8189-6051_minia5x-plus_20180515_r1.img /// 8.1 /// boot fail
                            RK3328_DC_HK1_Max_circle_SSV6051_RTL8189_9_2019052 3.1830.img /// 9.0 /// boot fail
                            RK3328_DC_H96_MAX+_noaddon_SSV6051_RTL8189_8.1.0_2 0181215.1524 /// 9.0 /// boot fail

Use key word "mini_rk3328_d16_8189-6051_",Can solve needs
                            Last edited by onlyonce; 04-08-2020, 04:32.

Comment

I have "MX9 max" tv box ( Rockchip RK3328 4core ARM Cortex A53 64-bit CPU/ 5core ARM Mali-450 GPU/ 2GB RAM/ 16GB ROM), (MINI RK3328_D4, REV:1.0, 2017 09 07)

I have used "{ROM} PoisonATV RK3328" and "a9s_rk3328_d4_rtl8723_20180705_r1(mx9pro ??kodi???)" firmware before. They both installed properly, but after I unplug power, PoisonATV did not boot at all and the other ROM wiped everything and presented the initial setup every time reboot.

Here are steps how i flashed :
                              1. Install Rockchip_DriverAssitant_v4.4 or v4.8
                              2. Open "rkdev tool - AndroidTool_Release_v2.51" and goto 'Upgrade Firmware' tab
                              3. Click 'Firmware' and locate the img file
                              4. Remove screws of the TVbox. Refer to the image attached below and find the copper dots which are necessary to short-circuit to enter MASKROM mode.
                              5. Use a wire or a conductor to connect the two dots. While doing that, connect the male-male USB cable to PC and USB 2 port of the tv box. AndroidTool will show "Found One MASKROM Device" immediately. Remove the Short-circuiting conductor.
                              6. Click 'EraseFlash'
                              7. Click 'Upgrade'
                              8. After the upgrade is finished, remove the USB cable.
                              9. Connect HDMI cable
                              10. Connect power cable (sometimes, you might have to hold the av-reset pin before connecting the power cable. but I didn`t have to do that)
                              11. Boot animation will appear within few seconds. If the display goes to standby mode, remove and replug the power cable.
                              12. thats all
                              Pins to short-circuit :

Click image for larger version  Name:	mx9max maskrom mode pins.png Views:	13 Size:	191.5 KB ID:	819925
                              I have seen many users bricking their RK3328 TV box with incorrect firmware. In this thread i will supply some IMG files for you all so you can reflash your box with working wifi/bt drivers :) This includes 2 firmwares i have customized with preinstalled apps some patches and root :D The CPU frequencies have been changed
                              Last edited by levin44; 02-04-2021, 09:43.

Comment

Working...
                              X