• mo123
    replied
    Changelog 13-11-18

- Based on latest LE code
    - Fixed mpp VP9 problem
    - Improved the MVR9 ir remote

For 24K ir remote with numbered 0-9 keys - MVR9
    Please test if the mute, menu and back keys work better now
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

For the orange D-Pad ir remote - NT-N9
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

To use bluetooth:
    After writing the image
    Check the following file on your micro-sd card
    microsd_card/extlinux/extlinux.conf
    Just add 'bluetooth' to the end of the following string so it looks like
    APPEND boot=UUID=<uuid> disk=UUID=<uuid> quiet console=tty0 bluetooth
    Also need to turn bluetooth on in the LibreELEC Settings.
    Then change the default HDMI Sound output to Pulseaudio Bluetooth to get sound over your bluetooth speakers or headphones.
    Might need to restart again if there are any problems.

Please report any remaining problems so they can get fixed.
    Work is going on the 4.19 kernel instead of the older 4.4 kernel now, so it might take a while before any major changes happen to LE on Rockchip again.
    HD Audio is the only item remaining and I'll try to get information about it again so it can be added to the 4.4 kernel hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• bylderup
    replied
    mo123

Oh I think what I said about the remote was not precise enough.

I downloaded this image https://mega.nz/#!NZsG2S7I!C_VD5RteY...L24gUYlw5tBSPc

You wrote : fixed IR remote

I made an update from an existing LE image. I always had to replace the rk3328-box-trn9.dtb with an older Version you provided on Mega for getting the remote working in LE.

Now the remote does not work as expected (back button,Menu button not ok)

unfortunately I don´t have the working rk3328-box-trn9.dtb anymore.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by bylderup View Post
    Picture quality is great

Back Button on ir is not on Back Button (the one beneath Menue button) but on Delete button (beneath 0 )?

Still no HD Audio. Chewitt wrote in LE forum HD Audio will NOT be released with kernel 4.4. Have to wait for Mainline kernel..

mo123
    Do you think there will be a solution earlier - before Mainline Kernel is released ? Otherwises this will be a long waiting for an important feature.
    Does the back not work, do any other action?
    It should be easy to fix, just need to get the correct keycodes, hopefully tomorrow. Can you run keymap apk for Android and paste output of keys pressed perhaps?

New MVR9 devices, maybe available in Nov not sure will run AndroidTV and have Widevine L1. Not sure but think will have wifi ir voice remotes. Such remotes can power off device and also don't need any drivers, just plug and play for Android & LE.

You can try AndroidTV firmware for existing devices too, runs very well but apps requiring L1 DRM or root won't work.

I don't think mainline kernel is needed for LE.
    Rockchip will find a way sooner. LE will code things differently, so they wait to do it to have the best compatibility and least amount of problems for all ARM devices.

Android video playback is very good but LE will always be better since it uses the latest drivers, has no apps running in the background and use 1/10th of the ram compared to Android.

Leave a comment:

• bylderup
    replied
    Picture quality is great

Back Button on ir is not on Back Button (the one beneath Menue button) but on Delete button (beneath 0 )?

Still no HD Audio. Chewitt wrote in LE forum HD Audio will NOT be released with kernel 4.4. Have to wait for Mainline kernel..

mo123
    Do you think there will be a solution earlier - before Mainline Kernel is released ? Otherwises this will be a long waiting for an important feature.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    New LE image released 28-10-18

Changelog
    Based on latest LE code
    Possible to select YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 output in Kodi
    YUV framebuffers is no longer clipped to 16-235/240 by Video Output Processor
    rkmppdec should now stop after 100 consecutive error frames
    Fixed ir remote

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    I think the interlaced content plays right, the same as on a PC.
    Maybe it is only the Kodi/LE reporting code that shows 25fps somehow or the RK deinterlacing code as it determines the frame-rate differently?
    But deinterlacing was only added recently, so maybe kwiboo will be able to improve it more in future.

• bylderup
    replied
    mo123

yes HD audio is still buggy

and Live TV 1080p 50Hz Content is played with 25 Frames (but I can´t see the difference to be honest..)

Well - Kodi leia beta 4 is released now. I hope there will be an Image with it AND with working HD Audio. fingers crossed..

Then I´ll have to change the external cooling solution ( USB 5V fan and the device on top ) because MVR9 is still very unstable although it says temps about 60 Degrees Celsius.

thanks for your support!!

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by bylderup View Post
    mo123
    your Versions on MEGA are not available anymore.

Can you release an image with working Audio passthrough ?
    You can find newer LE images here
    The first file
    After writing it with etcher,
    change the LIBREELEC/extlinux/etxlinux.conf file setting to
    FDT /rk3328-box-trn9.dtb

Or use the latest nightly

Also change the LIBREELEC/extlinux/etxlinux.conf file setting to
    FDT /rk3328-box-trn9.dtb
    and copy the rk3328-box-trn9.dtb file to the root of the LIBREELEC partition.

I think kwiboo must still add/improve HD audio.
    It should be the last thing needed for everything to work.

Leave a comment:

• bylderup
    replied
    mo123
    your Versions on MEGA are not available anymore.

Can you release an image with working Audio passthrough ?

Leave a comment:

• bylderup
    replied
    LE has released this Version now:

Running smooth but still some errors:

had to use the dtb file from mo123 to get the remote working
    no Dolby digital plus with Amazon VOD
    Dolby digital in Live TV only if 2 Audio channel selected plus enabled dolby digital (ac3) transcoding, otherwise PCM sound

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Bluetooth is supported now.
    Couldn't get audio from a bluetooth speaker for almost half an hour, then realized I also needed to change the HDMI sound to Pulseaudio Bluetooth.

Livetv, deinterlacing, HDR, mpeg2, 8/10-bit h264, h265, VP9 all working now.
    Only HD Audio still to be redesigned and merged into mainline kernel and then backported to the 4.4 kernel used by LE.

To use bluetooth:
    After writing the image
    Then change the default HDMI Sound output to Pulseaudio Bluetooth to get sound over your bluetooth speakers or headphones.

Latest image - 19 September 2018
    http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/RK3328/...ox-trn9.img.gz
    Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    Is bluetooth supported?
    Bluetooth is supported now.
    Couldn't get audio from a bluetooth speaker for almost half an hour, then realized I also needed to change the HDMI sound to Pulseaudio Bluetooth.

Livetv, deinterlacing, HDR, mpeg2, 8/10-bit h264, h265, VP9 all working now.
    Only HD Audio still to be redesigned and merged into mainline kernel and then backported to the 4.4 kernel used by LE.

To use bluetooth:
    After writing the image

Latest image - 19 September 2018

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe better, then it can be a topic for universal rk3328 devices and you also have control to change the opening post to easily add new information. Users will then find it easier if searching for rk3328 LE.

• balbes150
    replied
    New image of LE 20180917. With the release of this version, the algorithm for using dtb has been changed. All dtb files available for use in the image are now collected in the directory "/dtb". To tell the system which dtb option to use, you must edit the text file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf". See the list of available dtb files and replace the name in the "FDT" line with the name of the file with the desired option. No need to copy the file itself and change the file name to " dtb.img". This change allowed to correctly implement the update mode for new versions using the "tar"file. Now the update mode works correctly in any variant of installation on external storage or eMMC.

Perhaps to avoid confusion, I should make a new topic about LE rk3328 and my messages to place there ?

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    New MVR9 LibreELEC release
    Based on latest code
    Support mpeg2 and mpeg2 deinterlacing now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X