Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVR9 RK3328 LibreELEC Release

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    New image of LE 20180914.
    It contains all the files to be installed in eMMC. The default file is dtb (dtb.img) for the MVR9 model. Other options dtb are in subdirectory "/dtb".

    Comment


      #62
      New MVR9 LibreELEC release
      Based on latest code
      Support mpeg2 and mpeg2 deinterlacing now
      https://mega.nz/#!dYtV3ABZ!vzoIao8SU...kcIyIRNW6P9yp8

      Comment


        #63
        New image of LE 20180917. With the release of this version, the algorithm for using dtb has been changed. All dtb files available for use in the image are now collected in the directory "/dtb". To tell the system which dtb option to use, you must edit the text file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf". See the list of available dtb files and replace the name in the "FDT" line with the name of the file with the desired option. No need to copy the file itself and change the file name to " dtb.img". This change allowed to correctly implement the update mode for new versions using the "tar"file. Now the update mode works correctly in any variant of installation on external storage or eMMC.

        Perhaps to avoid confusion, I should make a new topic about LE rk3328 and my messages to place there ?

        Comment


        • mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe better, then it can be a topic for universal rk3328 devices and you also have control to change the opening post to easily add new information. Users will then find it easier if searching for rk3328 LE.

        #64
        Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        Is bluetooth supported?
        Bluetooth is supported now.
        Couldn't get audio from a bluetooth speaker for almost half an hour, then realized I also needed to change the HDMI sound to Pulseaudio Bluetooth.


        Livetv, deinterlacing, HDR, mpeg2, 8/10-bit h264, h265, VP9 all working now.
        Only HD Audio still to be redesigned and merged into mainline kernel and then backported to the 4.4 kernel used by LE.

        To use bluetooth:
        After writing the image
        Check the following file on your micro-sd card
        microsd_card/extlinux/extlinux.conf
        Just add 'bluetooth' to the end of the following string so it looks like
        APPEND boot=UUID=<uuid> disk=UUID=<uuid> quiet console=tty0 bluetooth
        Also need to turn bluetooth on in the LibreELEC Settings.
        Then change the default HDMI Sound output to Pulseaudio Bluetooth to get sound over your bluetooth speakers or headphones.

        Latest image - 19 September 2018
        http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/RK3328/...ox-trn9.img.gz

        Comment


          #65
          Originally posted by mo123 View Post

          Bluetooth is supported now.
          Couldn't get audio from a bluetooth speaker for almost half an hour, then realized I also needed to change the HDMI sound to Pulseaudio Bluetooth.


          Livetv, deinterlacing, HDR, mpeg2, 8/10-bit h264, h265, VP9 all working now.
          Only HD Audio still to be redesigned and merged into mainline kernel and then backported to the 4.4 kernel used by LE.

          To use bluetooth:
          After writing the image
          Check the following file on your micro-sd card
          microsd_card/extlinux/extlinux.conf
          Just add 'bluetooth' to the end of the following string so it looks like
          APPEND boot=UUID=<uuid> disk=UUID=<uuid> quiet console=tty0 bluetooth
          Also need to turn bluetooth on in the LibreELEC Settings.
          Then change the default HDMI Sound output to Pulseaudio Bluetooth to get sound over your bluetooth speakers or headphones.

          Latest image - 19 September 2018
          http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/RK3328/...ox-trn9.img.gz
          Thanks for the update.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

          Comment


            #66
            LE has released this Version now:
            http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/006/Lib...ox-trn9.img.gz

            Running smooth but still some errors:

            had to use the dtb file from mo123 to get the remote working
            no Dolby digital plus with Amazon VOD
            Dolby digital in Live TV only if 2 Audio channel selected plus enabled dolby digital (ac3) transcoding, otherwise PCM sound

            Comment


              #67
              mo123
              your Versions on MEGA are not available anymore.

              Can you release an image with working Audio passthrough ?

              Comment


                #68
                Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                mo123
                your Versions on MEGA are not available anymore.

                Can you release an image with working Audio passthrough ?
                You can find newer LE images here
                The first file
                After writing it with etcher,
                change the LIBREELEC/extlinux/etxlinux.conf file setting to
                FDT /rk3328-box-trn9.dtb

                https://mega.nz/#F!7lZGwSyD!_NHmOZ3h...FvGog!a8xkCCwD

                Or use the latest nightly
                https://test.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-...-rock64.img.gz
                Also change the LIBREELEC/extlinux/etxlinux.conf file setting to
                FDT /rk3328-box-trn9.dtb
                and copy the rk3328-box-trn9.dtb file to the root of the LIBREELEC partition.
                https://mega.nz/#!IBdyBYIY!oNxhS1PNV...ERq4T3XCvv9gpk

                I think kwiboo must still add/improve HD audio.
                It should be the last thing needed for everything to work.

                Comment


                  #69
                  mo123

                  yes HD audio is still buggy

                  and Live TV 1080p 50Hz Content is played with 25 Frames (but I can´t see the difference to be honest..)

                  Well - Kodi leia beta 4 is released now. I hope there will be an Image with it AND with working HD Audio. fingers crossed..

                  Then I´ll have to change the external cooling solution ( USB 5V fan and the device on top ) because MVR9 is still very unstable although it says temps about 60 Degrees Celsius.

                  thanks for your support!!

                  Comment


                  • mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think the interlaced content plays right, the same as on a PC.
                    Maybe it is only the Kodi/LE reporting code that shows 25fps somehow or the RK deinterlacing code as it determines the frame-rate differently?
                    But deinterlacing was only added recently, so maybe kwiboo will be able to improve it more in future.

                  #70
                  New LE image released 28-10-18

                  Changelog
                  Based on latest LE code
                  Possible to select YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 output in Kodi
                  YUV framebuffers is no longer clipped to 16-235/240 by Video Output Processor
                  rkmppdec should now stop after 100 consecutive error frames
                  Fixed ir remote

                  https://mega.nz/#!NZsG2S7I!C_VD5RteY...L24gUYlw5tBSPc

                  Comment


                    #71
                    Picture quality is great

                    Back Button on ir is not on Back Button (the one beneath Menue button) but on Delete button (beneath 0 )?

                    Still no HD Audio. Chewitt wrote in LE forum HD Audio will NOT be released with kernel 4.4. Have to wait for Mainline kernel..

                    mo123
                    Do you think there will be a solution earlier - before Mainline Kernel is released ? Otherwises this will be a long waiting for an important feature.

                    Comment


                      #72
                      Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                      Picture quality is great

                      Back Button on ir is not on Back Button (the one beneath Menue button) but on Delete button (beneath 0 )?

                      Still no HD Audio. Chewitt wrote in LE forum HD Audio will NOT be released with kernel 4.4. Have to wait for Mainline kernel..

                      mo123
                      Do you think there will be a solution earlier - before Mainline Kernel is released ? Otherwises this will be a long waiting for an important feature.
                      Does the back not work, do any other action?
                      It should be easy to fix, just need to get the correct keycodes, hopefully tomorrow. Can you run keymap apk for Android and paste output of keys pressed perhaps?

                      New MVR9 devices, maybe available in Nov not sure will run AndroidTV and have Widevine L1. Not sure but think will have wifi ir voice remotes. Such remotes can power off device and also don't need any drivers, just plug and play for Android & LE.

                      You can try AndroidTV firmware for existing devices too, runs very well but apps requiring L1 DRM or root won't work.

                      I don't think mainline kernel is needed for LE.
                      Rockchip will find a way sooner. LE will code things differently, so they wait to do it to have the best compatibility and least amount of problems for all ARM devices.

                      Android video playback is very good but LE will always be better since it uses the latest drivers, has no apps running in the background and use 1/10th of the ram compared to Android.

                      Comment


                        #73
                        mo123

                        Oh I think what I said about the remote was not precise enough.

                        I downloaded this image https://mega.nz/#!NZsG2S7I!C_VD5RteY...L24gUYlw5tBSPc

                        You wrote : fixed IR remote

                        I made an update from an existing LE image. I always had to replace the rk3328-box-trn9.dtb with an older Version you provided on Mega for getting the remote working in LE.

                        Now the remote does not work as expected (back button,Menu button not ok)

                        unfortunately I don´t have the working rk3328-box-trn9.dtb anymore.




                        Comment


                          #74
                          Changelog 13-11-18

                          - Based on latest LE code
                          - Fixed mpp VP9 problem
                          - Improved the MVR9 ir remote

                          For 24K ir remote with numbered 0-9 keys - MVR9
                          Please test if the mute, menu and back keys work better now
                          https://mega.nz/#!cAlCiIzD!WXEJZ7FzM...J7uKd5Q7NSC9x8

                          For the orange D-Pad ir remote - NT-N9
                          https://mega.nz/#!oZ1gyajT!rUrTLuJfe...pBckF5FexaYDgM

                          To use bluetooth:
                          After writing the image
                          Check the following file on your micro-sd card
                          microsd_card/extlinux/extlinux.conf
                          Just add 'bluetooth' to the end of the following string so it looks like
                          APPEND boot=UUID=<uuid> disk=UUID=<uuid> quiet console=tty0 bluetooth
                          Also need to turn bluetooth on in the LibreELEC Settings.
                          Then change the default HDMI Sound output to Pulseaudio Bluetooth to get sound over your bluetooth speakers or headphones.
                          Might need to restart again if there are any problems.

                          Please report any remaining problems so they can get fixed.
                          Work is going on the 4.19 kernel instead of the older 4.4 kernel now, so it might take a while before any major changes happen to LE on Rockchip again.
                          HD Audio is the only item remaining and I'll try to get information about it again so it can be added to the 4.4 kernel hopefully.

                          Comment


                            #75
                            Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                            mo123

                            Oh I think what I said about the remote was not precise enough.

                            I downloaded this image https://mega.nz/#!NZsG2S7I!C_VD5RteY...L24gUYlw5tBSPc

                            You wrote : fixed IR remote

                            I made an update from an existing LE image. I always had to replace the rk3328-box-trn9.dtb with an older Version you provided on Mega for getting the remote working in LE.

                            Now the remote does not work as expected (back button,Menu button not ok)

                            unfortunately I don´t have the working rk3328-box-trn9.dtb anymore.



                            Can you test if the remote works better in the new LE image posted above?
                            It is now using the actual keymap of the 24K ir-remote with the back, menu and mute buttons being different now compared to the pine64 ir-remote.
                            You are using the ir-remote with the 0-9 numbered keys right?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X