MVR9 RK3328 LibreELEC Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mo123,
    its getting better After each Release You! And kwiboo is giving us Thanks ! I trink i will replaxe my old amlogic Box very soon

Comment

Originally posted by arel View Post
      Hi mo123,
      its getting better After each Release You! And kwiboo is giving us Thanks ! I trink i will replaxe my old amlogic Box very soon
      Rockchip fixed some Mpeg2 live tv bug yesterday, but Kwiboo said there is still something else to check before live tv playback would work correct.
      Testing with new codecs yesterday, videos seem to start better and not get stuck sometimes anymore.
      So the 2 big tings, mpeg2 playback and HD Audio and some small video stability changes are all that's still needed

Comment

Is bluetooth supported?
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Is bluetooth supported?
          Bluetooth dongles should work but RTL8723 bt is not activated in these images.
          I'll see if it's possible to make it work since there are already drivers for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Bluetooth dongles should work but RTL8723 bt is not activated in these images.
            I'll see if it's possible to make it work since there are already drivers for it.
            Thanks.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Will this also work on the H96 box with the RK3229?

Comment

Originally posted by Winnekeueu View Post
                Will this also work on the H96 box with the RK3229?
                No, only RK3328 and RK3399 have LibreELEC support and then only a few devices

Comment

updated to your Version from 3rd Juli :
                  LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180702231111-d46baa3-box-trn9

Still have 2 problems with it :

direct zapping in live tv to a channel with different Video output shuts down the tv.

Marcel Veldts Spotify addon is starting but still has scrambled PCM Audio output

But the Rest is getting better with every release. Thank you.

Comment

New LibreELEC release
                    Improved hdr
                    Lots of new settings under Videos menu
                    Based on latest LibreELEC

Live tv still to be improved.

https://mega.nz/#!ZQ0R1Y5B!gijcqo9i3H3yRZIlrXpTxJB9BY8qxHzuCIvxm5WJ8w4

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                      New LibreELEC release
                      Improved hdr
                      Lots of new settings under Videos menu
                      Based on latest LibreELEC

Live tv still to be improved.

https://mega.nz/#!ZQ0R1Y5B!gijcqo9i3H3yRZIlrXpTxJB9BY8qxHzuCIvxm5WJ8w4
                      Tried your ROM again on my "SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box - SILVER US PLUG", but still won't boot. I did get this crap RK3328 box, to boot into Armbian Linux by Balbes, so I tried the device tree that worked on that, but still will no work on ANY LibreELEC ports for the RK3328 boxes.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Test instruction how to install Libreelec in eMMC on MVR9 model. This is still a test version and it may have bugs, so all the operations you perform at your own risk.

1. To perform the initial startup LE from the SD card on General instructions from this thread.
                        2. Follow the link to download all the files and write them to the root of the first partition (FAT) on the SD card.

3. Make a copy of the "rk3328-box-trn9.dtb" file in the same section with the name "dtb.img" (i.e. you should have both of these files on your SD card).
                        4. To run LE on MVR9 and connect to it via SSH.
                        5. Execute command "/flash/create-mbr-le-2018.sh". After completing this command, execute the second command "/flash/install2emmc.sh".
                        6. Shut down system. And turning on the power without a SD card.
                        After you complete these procedures, you should start Libreelec from eMMC. I checked it on my MVR9. Everything works.
                        Please note, after installing LE in eMMC you still have the ability to run other systems from the SD card (for example, to run new versions of LE or run Armbian).

P.S. I performed a check using this image.

Comment

Additional information. In the list of additional files there are two scripts with which you can create a full (exact) copy of the entire eMMC and then restore it. The script "ddbr-backup.sh" creates a tab "storage/backup/ddbr" a compressed copy of the entire contents of eMMC (together with the loader, and other settings). This is useful before any experiments with eMMC. The second "ddbr-restore" script restores the exact state of the eMMC at the time of the backup. The process of creating a copy can take from 5 to 30 minutes (depending on how full the eMMC is). Please note, these are test scripts and possible errors in their work, you can use them at your own risk. By the way, I restore the exact state of these scripts (after the first inclusion of MVR9 I created a full copy of eMMC) standard firmware with Android before testing any installations of different systems (Armbian Libreelec etc) in eMMC.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                            Additional information. In the list of additional files there are two scripts with which you can create a full (exact) copy of the entire eMMC and then restore it. The script "ddbr-backup.sh" creates a tab "storage/backup/ddbr" a compressed copy of the entire contents of eMMC (together with the loader, and other settings). This is useful before any experiments with eMMC. The second "ddbr-restore" script restores the exact state of the eMMC at the time of the backup. The process of creating a copy can take from 5 to 30 minutes (depending on how full the eMMC is). Please note, these are test scripts and possible errors in their work, you can use them at your own risk. By the way, I restore the exact state of these scripts (after the first inclusion of MVR9 I created a full copy of eMMC) standard firmware with Android before testing any installations of different systems (Armbian Libreelec etc) in eMMC.
                            I will try it out this weekend.

I heard rockchip will release low cost rk3328 with no microsd card slots, running Linux only from emmc.

Do you know if it will be possible to put LE or Armbian on them, maybe with AndroidTool or some program from a PC to flash an img then since there will be no micro-sd card slot to do steps like these?

With petitboot or in X99 rk3399 LE post there were instructions with gpt partition in AndroidTool for Windows.

I think it will help a lot of users if there is a very simple way to flash, the same as Android images to make it easier to emmc. Hope it will be possible in future.

Thank you for all the detailed information.

Comment

I have one device with rk3328, so I won't risk experimenting with different u-boot. If you have the opportunity, it will be interesting to check how the system start up from a USB flash drive, if you burn the image with the bootloader on the USB flash drive and completely erase the whole eMMC (dd if=/dev/zero of=<device_name> bs=64M). Connect the USB drive and see if the bootloader can start from the USB drive. You may need a special version of u-boot to work with USB media. I have not studied how to build images with Linux for recording via the USB Burn Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                                I have one device with rk3328, so I won't risk experimenting with different u-boot. If you have the opportunity, it will be interesting to check how the system start up from a USB flash drive, if you burn the image with the bootloader on the USB flash drive and completely erase the whole eMMC (dd if=/dev/zero of=<device_name> bs=64M). Connect the USB drive and see if the bootloader can start from the USB drive. You may need a special version of u-boot to work with USB media. I have not studied how to build images with Linux for recording via the USB Burn Tool.
                                Forgot about USB storage, that might be a solution.
                                I will try to find out about that.
                                Will recommend to add a microsd card slot if it's still possible. Will try to get you a sample when I have more information and it's available.

User omegamoon made rk3288 LE in the past to flash a single .img with AndroidTool, the same way as flashing Android firmware that was very user-friendly - omegamoon.com/blog, maybe there is useful information there or he will help on rk3328 in future.

Comment

Working...
                                X