MVR9 RK3328 LibreELEC Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo123

Sorry for late response. Was some days off because someone in my family sadly passed away.

I have the remote with the 0-9 numbered keys and it is working fine now. Thanks for that.

I hope for a solution for HDaudio/DD/DTS now. Then this device would be ready for the living room.

Comment

Can we watch Amazon Prime Video? That's the only thing I'm interested in. Thanks, Dylan
      Q box GPU: Mali-450 SuperCeleron 1.0, Android 5.1
      CPU Amlogic S905 Octa Core, 2.0GHz, RAM 2G / ROM 16G
      MX-10 box, rk3328 chipset, amazon TV app DOES NOT WORK, 4gb/16gb

Comment

Originally posted by DylanF View Post
        Can we watch Amazon Prime Video? That's the only thing I'm interested in. Thanks, Dylan
        The Amazon phone app works on the normal and AndroidTV firmware.
        But the HD TV app is not supported as Rockchip devices doesn't have Playready 3 DRM.
        The Amazon Prime Kodi addon works well with auto frame-rate switching.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The Amazon phone app works on the normal and AndroidTV firmware.
          But the HD TV app is not supported as Rockchip devices doesn't have Playready 3 DRM.
          The Amazon Prime Kodi addon works well with auto frame-rate switching.
          I understand now. Thank You !
          Q box GPU: Mali-450 SuperCeleron 1.0, Android 5.1
          CPU Amlogic S905 Octa Core, 2.0GHz, RAM 2G / ROM 16G
          MX-10 box, rk3328 chipset, amazon TV app DOES NOT WORK, 4gb/16gb

Comment

Hi

Please test if Netflix, Amazon Prime Video now works on this image, change Inputstream max decoder/secure decoder to 720p and test and also change it to max and test.
            Check that Inputstream addon is installed and enabled from the LibreELEC repo first.
            Use Netflix plugin 0.13 instead of 0.14 and download the Chrome image it says to use Widevine.

For MVR9

I will make new images later today with the other remotes and general Kodi fixes.

Comment

I put this files on my R10 TV BOX and no internet connection on this file for my box LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20190120233041-3b7f5e2-box-trn9.img

Comment

Originally posted by antonio6o6 View Post
                I put this files on my R10 TV BOX and no internet connection on this file for my box LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20190120233041-3b7f5e2-box-trn9.img
                You won't have any internet because it's for a MVR9 RK3328 device that uses RTL8723BS wifi.
                You have to use another dtb file that is suitable for your wifi or edit the existing dts/dtb file and change it to your wifi settings according to your Android dts file extracted from resource.img.
                Look here for a LibreELEC that has changeable dtb files, the first post explains how to change the dtb file used, then test all the rk3328 ones until you find one that works the best for your device.
                Test universal version of Libreelec for rk3328. https://yadi.sk/d/oje0RHxPqpEqqQ https://mega.nz/#F!7lZGwSyD!_NHmOZ3hoXqt3mMXSFvGog The system of choosing the correct dtb has changed. Please note, now it should be done on a different principle (files do not need to be copied). To select the desired dtb, you need to change

Your device also has zero support from the manufacturer so getting Linux to run on it will be very difficult and Android will be full of bugs.

Comment

First post updated with latest images and guides.

Comment

Thanks a lot for latest image

0-9 key remote is working perfect now!!
                    Live TV with Tvheadend client with latest client addon ok, also.

Amazon working in 1080p !! (amazing) with some short buffering sometimes - but had to disable DD+ . AAC 2 channel audio is ok.

well - its getting better step by step

Comment

Latest MVR9 LE image I build, see OP post
                      - added PVR addons, just enable the one you need
                      - added lots of CoreELEC patches for faster UI etc.
                      - added Live TV SD, HD 25/50hz fast channel switching for tv's that don't have SD resolutions(now merged into Kodi)
                      Previously
                      • Select HD stream -> resolution switches to 720p
                      • select SD stream: resolution switches to 1080p (GUI default) because no SD in whitelist
                      • select HD stream: switch to 720p
                      Currently
                      • Select HD stream -> resolution switches to 720p
                      • select SD stream: no resolution switch (SD fits into current 720p)
                      • select HD stream: no resolution switch

Comment

New MVR9 RK3328 Images 10/03/2019

(Black numbered 0-9 ir remote)
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

(Orange D-PAD remote)
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Changelog
                        - Based on latest LibreELEC master branch 10/03/2019
                        - Add a setting to adjust the refresh-rate/resolution only on playback start (useful if you don't want the tv/monitor's resolution to change every time video playback stops, only when it starts)
                        - Changed CPU governor to Interactive(best performance for tv boxes and other devices with a power supply, reduces freezes since the CPU doesn't have to run full-speed as with an on-demand governor)
                        - Initialize color_primaries to AVCOL_PRI_UNSPECIFIED (helps with software decoding in InputStream)
                        - Check for UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH support on renderer instantiation, not on every LoadPlane call (helps with subtitle performance)
                        - OverlayRendererGL: add support for BGRA extensions for GLES
                        - Fix corrupt packets in transit causing segfaults, freezes or video corruption with Live H264 streams in TVHeadend
                        - Increase analyze duration to fix playback of DVB-T2 streams with aac_lapm audio streams
                        - Improve German keyboard layout

Please test if Live TV DVB-T2 works better and Netflix 720p.
                        Netflix 720p seems a lot smoother after these new patches were added.

(Remember to limit the Inputstream addon to 720p and use the Netflix 0.13 addon, since the new v0.14b22 has problems)
                        Last edited by mo123; 03-11-2019, 03:30.

Comment

mo123

I am still using your build for my MVR9.

A few days ago I connected a USB Harddisk and was astonished about the speed. Got about 34 MB/sec write speed via smb connection.

This is more than my (very) old Qnap Nas can do.

Is there a way or an addon to install a nfs Server ?

Comment

Maybe there is something here that can help?

NFS
                            NFS provides the best speed, faster than Samba if you can set it up.
                            Hallo, ich versuche einen NFS Laufwerk von meinem NAS auf dem rasp2 unter libreelec zu mounten. Leider funktioniert es nicht. Von Hand mit dem Befehl mount 192.168.178.29:/nas-6tb /storage/nas-6tb funktioniert es. Wenn ich den Weg über das Mount-Scipt…

Today we will explain how to mount our NFS file server in Windows to share content with Android, something that is interesting for applications such as KODI

Samba
                            Since always in our reviews we have added information about SAMBA networks (SMB) to share files between Android and Windows devices, the difference in

For Android, Kodi 18 and MiXplorer with the Samba2 addon works the fastest, other apps might still use Samba 1 which is slower.
                            LibreELEC uses Samba 4 since it's based on Linux.

My Android Oreo firmware has come a long way now.
                            I also managed to improve Netflix quality a bit.
                            Next month I will try to make a Android Pie firmware that should be very stable even 4K Youtube will work a lot better.

For LibreELEC they are now busy with mainline v5 Linux kernel support, my images are still on the stable v4 Linux kernel.
                            With the new v5 kernel, all the drivers have to be rewritten and mpeg2 is finished.
                            It seems h264 support will be added early next month then still hevc and VP9 has to be done.
                            It is literary hundreds of patches written from scratch several people are doing and testing, all the respect to them.
                            But the end result will be a much more improved LibreELEC where everything runs at the best of it's ability.

Comment

thanks

I will stay on your Version until v5 kernel support gets better

NFS server : I want to use an nfs Server on the MVR9 to publish content from the USB HDD . I think I would need something like entware to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X