No announcement yet.

MX10 ANDROID 8.1 OREO RK3328 4GB/32GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE R1 and R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had 3 boxes for a few years 2 5.1's & a 7.1. they were getting old and thought I would update to 3 new ones so I got a MX10 with 8.1, MX10 Pro with 9 and a TX6 with 9.
    my trouble is I can't find a way to navigate like my old boxes with the bottom nav bar. over the years I found it so very useful to close apps and to check my vpn to make sure it was still active etc.

How would I do these things with these new boxes ?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by madmadworld View Post
      I've had 3 boxes for a few years 2 5.1's & a 7.1. they were getting old and thought I would update to 3 new ones so I got a MX10 with 8.1, MX10 Pro with 9 and a TX6 with 9.
      my trouble is I can't find a way to navigate like my old boxes with the bottom nav bar. over the years I found it so very useful to close apps and to check my vpn to make sure it was still active etc.

How would I do these things with these new boxes ?

Thanks for any help
      You can't unless the manufacturers release new firmware which they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can't unless the manufacturers release new firmware which they won't.
        Thank you so very much.
        I've spent hours searching for a answer. reading mostly about phones. LOL
        Wish I could buy you a drink

Comment

Missing the nav bar on my newer Android 8 & 9 boxes . added Simple Control. it's on goggle play or older versions at https://apkpure.co/simple-control/. I went with the oldest version. it removes itself (goes down) after a few seconds after pulling it up. happy

Comment

Does anybody know the max size SD card this thing can take? I want to put in a 128gb but before I buy one I would like to know if it'll work.

Comment

Originally posted by FredQ View Post
              Does anybody know the max size SD card this thing can take? I want to put in a 128gb but before I buy one I would like to know if it'll work.
              Most likely only up to 32GB will work.
              Not sure why you want to buy this device with it's broken firmware that will never be fixed.

Comment

Most likely only up to 32GB will work.
                Not sure why you want to buy this device with it's broken firmware that will never be fixed.
                It's an old box I've got lying around, I don't use it. I was gonna give it to the parents and load up an SD card with content for them but 32GB is too low.

Any recommendations for a new cheap box? I'm kind of out of the loop, I can't keep up... Also, if I was to buy an external hard drive is there generally a size limitation with what android boxes can handle?

Comment

Originally posted by FredQ View Post

It's an old box I've got lying around, I don't use it. I was gonna give it to the parents and load up an SD card with content for them but 32GB is too low.

Any recommendations for a new cheap box? I'm kind of out of the loop, I can't keep up... Also, if I was to buy an external hard drive is there generally a size limitation with what android boxes can handle?
                  Some tv boxes can't use certain 2TB or higher storage drives.
                  It depends on what kernel they run and if the device gets ota updates to support high capacity drives.
                  Most Android devices have trouble with certain Seagate 1TB drives.
                  500GB drives should mostly all work.

You should also check the power requirements of the drives eg. 1A and if the tv box only has a 1.5-2A power adaptor, it won't work and you need to buy an extra 3A power adaptor so the drive can get enough power since the rest is used by the tv box.

The Mi Box should be the cheapest and best supported, but no LibreELEC support.
                  I use a TICTID RK3328(Amazon FR/DE/IT/ES) and build my own firmware so it works better for me and it also has LibreELEC support, but no HD Netflix like the Mi Box.

The problem with cheap boxes are, is that they will have terrible software and bugs but some might work okay for basic things.

Comment

Some tv boxes can't use certain 2TB or higher storage drives.
                    It depends on what kernel they run and if the device gets ota updates to support high capacity drives.
                    Most Android devices have trouble with certain Seagate 1TB drives.
                    500GB drives should mostly all work.

You should also check the power requirements of the drives eg. 1A and if the tv box only has a 1.5-2A power adaptor, it won't work and you need to buy an extra 3A power adaptor so the drive can get enough power since the rest is used by the tv box.

The Mi Box should be the cheapest and best supported, but no LibreELEC support.
                    I use a TICTID RK3328(Amazon FR/DE/IT/ES) and build my own firmware so it works better for me and it also has LibreELEC support, but no HD Netflix like the Mi Box.

The problem with cheap boxes are, is that they will have terrible software and bugs but some might work okay for basic things.
                    Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Comment

some one try new update mxq_rk3328_d4_9.0_8189-6051_20190308_r1 ?

it's possible apply only update and not flash full firmware?

Comment

Does this f/w come pre-rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by solcutter View Post
                          Does this f/w come pre-rooted?
                          NO,
                          mxq_rk3328_d4_9.0_8189-6051_20190308_r1
                          The firmware above has no root permission.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190815_204301.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	781203

Comment

Originally posted by yoretao View Post

NO,
                            mxq_rk3328_d4_9.0_8189-6051_20190308_r1
                            The firmware above has no root permission.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190815_204301.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	781203
                            You can try to factory reset the device via android sometimes that brings back SU access, this firmware can work on other rk3328 tv box by "foxluo"

a5x max, mx9 pro, ggtv android tv box and others.

version does fit, wifi may fit depending on drivers inside firmware.

Comment

Changelog new firmware ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbo80 View Post
                                Changelog new firmware ?
                                You dont get changelog for chinese tv box firmware, only devs on freaktab post changelogs for their roms

Comment

Working...
                                X