• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX10 ANDROID 8.1 OREO RK3328 4GB/32GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE R1 and R2

As Found

2018/05/21

MX10 ANDROID 8.1 OREO RK3328 4GB/32GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20180515

Firmware MX10 20180515_R1 is suitable for the others.
    MX10 20180515_R1

Note: This firmware MX10 20180515_R2 is only for Pass 2018/05/16 TV Box,
    MX10 20180515_R2

Flash guide: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source:blog.geekbuying

As Found:

Date: 20180418

Glad to share the firmware for MX10 Android 8.1 Oreo TV Box

PC Flash Firmware

SD Flash Firmware

SD Flash Firmware

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Note: This firmware is suitable for MX10 Android 8.1 Oreo TV Box.Upgrade to 8.1 systems must use this brush tool.

Source:blog.geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 05-24-2018, 07:48.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Thanks you.
    Waiting also for A5X Plus Oreo firmware
    Last edited by manu_manu4; 04-24-2018, 08:56.

Comment

File dloaded missing the extension .img just add

SD flash firmware mention does not exist/ Link has been repaired

I used 2.43 dev tool, worked just leave it all plugged in and let it do it things can take 10 minutes or more

Last edited by trebor; 04-24-2018, 11:54.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Is there any chance to root this firmware? Thanks.

Comment

Version 8.1 works? is it stable?

Is it proposed to upgrade to this version?

Comment

I've tried root this firmware with Magisk, and Magisk say unable to unpack boot.img
            Anyone have solution for Root this firmware. .?

Comment

Is there any issues with unknown sources being enabled?

Comment

Hello, this new firmware has many problems, some apps can't install like Molotov since on the 7.1 firmware it's works.. Another big problem for me it's RKMC, it can't read movie with the passthrough audio for play DTS and Dolby Digital.. I try to reinstall the original Kodi apk but it's always a fork RKMC install I don't understand..
                Who make this firmware ? How can install a original Kodi ? How can Root this new firmware ?
                Android 8.1 it's cool but if we can do all that we can do on the older firmware, where is the update..?

Comment

MX10 ANDROID 8.1 OREO RK3328 4GB/32GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE

2018/05/21

Freaktab

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hmmm.. New Firmware.. I try the r1 and I say what's new ? same problems with Kodi and passthrough audio, only AC3 and no DTS, Why ?? On the older firmware on Android 7.1 all works fine.. I will try r2, downloading...

Comment

Hi, be careful I try the firmware update r2, and I can't install it on my Mx10, it's break my Mx10.. Only solution boot en maskrom, erase flash then upgrade the older Firmware of December 2017 running on Android 7.1.2.
                      Maybe it's a bad downloading, but if anybody can make a new firmware with Magisk installed and Kody fully functional, with winevine DRM ok, I will be more happy..
                      At moment the better firmware stay the firmware of december, works fine and rooted..

Comment

i just received the mx10 from geekbuying with oreo preinstalled on it. it did not have the upper or lower bar so i figured i should install a different rom on the box so i accidentally installed the MX10 20180515_R2 rom on it using rockchip batch tool 1.8 on it. now the box just gets stuck at boot screen so i installed the MX10 20180515_R1 and it also gets stuck in boot screen. i tried installing an old 7.1 rom and it still does not work. im not sure what im doing wrong is it normal for the flash process to only take 1 minute. its a 1.4geg file i expected more time?

Comment

now what do i do? i dont know where to get the origonal firmware that came with my box. i contacted geekbuying and they gave me the same r2 and r1 firmwares.

is there another 8.1 firmware other than these two.

i tried flashing an old nougat rom....same thing. it takes only 1 minute to flash and it gets stuck on boot screen

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
                            Hi, be careful I try the firmware update r2, and I can't install it on my Mx10, it's break my Mx10.. Only solution boot en maskrom, erase flash then upgrade the older Firmware of December 2017 running on Android 7.1.2.
                            Maybe it's a bad downloading, but if anybody can make a new firmware with Magisk installed and Kody fully functional, with winevine DRM ok, I will be more happy..
                            At moment the better firmware stay the firmware of december, works fine and rooted..
                            do i need to use maskrom and earase the flash if rockchip batch tool recognize my phone.

also does the flash process take more than 1 minute?

Comment

Hi Fatso485, try flash in maskrom mode, you must switch on the motherboard 2 pin and boot.. You can see that on this forum..
                              Try flash the previous Oreo firmware, not the R1 or R2, maybe..
                              For me the only firmware that's working is that's of December 2017, Android 7, rooted..
                              Good Luck..
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X