X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Update as found:

MX10 ANDROID 8.1 OREO RK3328 4GB/32GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20180528

Glad to share the firmware for MX10 Android 8.1 Oreo TV Box

32 bit PC Flash Firmware (Only for Pass 2018/05/16 , a label on the bottom of the tv box)

4 bit PC Flash Firmware (Suitable for the rest)

source: blog.geekbuying

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
      Hello huniak,
      if your device is PASS 2018/05/05, you must install the update r2 with RK Factory Tool v1.6.
      Tkank you for your answer, any way if I want flash r2 still is needed make a mask mode erase flash first? or simply restore r2 in with RK Factory Tool v1.6??

Comment

That's a good news, thanks trebor..
        ​​​​​​I'm waiting your test of 4bit PC firmware version..
        Have a nice day..

Comment

• trebor
          trebor commented
          Editing a comment
          I was hoping you would first
          Bit busy at present

Originally posted by huniak View Post

Tkank you for your answer, any way if I want flash r2 still is needed make a mask mode erase flash first? or simply restore r2 in with RK Factory Tool v1.6??
        I think you need make erase flash first with RK Android Tools v2.39 and after flash try flash the firmware post today with RK Factory Tools v1.6 with update option I think.
        Good Luck, and don't forget the first boot is very long if the LED box is blue it's good, wait.. wait again.. and normally tada the box is ok..

Comment

I think you need make erase flash first with RK Android Tools v2.39 and after flash try flash the firmware post today with RK Factory Tools v1.6 with update option I think.
          Good Luck, and don't forget the first boot is very long if the LED box is blue it's good, wait.. wait again.. and normally tada the box is ok..
          I will try this, thank you

Comment

How can I make a complete backup of my box before flash this new firmware. Just in case this new firmware don't work correctly, I need a copy that I can flash for restore my box just like today.
            thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by huniak View Post

I will try this, thank you
              hello did it work? if so which rom worked on you

my device is 2018/05/08

Comment

Originally posted by fatso485 View Post

hello did it work? if so which rom worked on you

my device is 2018/05/08
                Hello, confirm firmware worked. I think that you dont need open box and manually short mask mode, you need only restore the update r2 with RK Factory Tool v1.6.

Comment

Which R2 are you talking about. The one in the first post is the one that messed up my box in the first place.

So there was no need to put the device in mask mode?

Edit : nevermind. The R2 in the first post worked . Not sure what the problem is. I guess the rk batch tool doesn't work with my box. There was no need to put the box in mask mode

Last edited by fatso485; 06-30-2018, 18:59.

Comment

How can I make a complete backup of my box before flash this new firmware. Just in case this new firmware don't work correctly, I need a copy that I can flash for restore my box just like today.
                    thanks..
                    No Idea..?

Comment

No Idea..?
                      There are several guides on freaktab how to backup Rockchip devices.
                      You will also need the stock firmware on your device downloaded, provided by the manufacturer to get the bootloader.
                      It's not possible to backup the bootloader and you can't use another firmware's one as there are different drivers and EMMC, flash chip support in each bootloader.

http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ckchip-devices or

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

There are several guides on freaktab how to backup Rockchip devices.
                        You will also need the stock firmware on your device downloaded, provided by the manufacturer to get the bootloader.
                        It's not possible to backup the bootloader and you can't use another firmware's one as there are different drivers and EMMC, flash chip support in each bootloader.

http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ckchip-devices or
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...793#post530793
                        Thanks mo123, I'll try this next week.

If someone managed to make a full backup of the MX10, and especially to be able to restore it without problem, I am interested in how to proceed.

If you have any feedback on the new firmware, is it 100% functional? Audio passthrough in kodi (DTS, AC3, ..)? or did you encounter new problems with this new firmware?

Thank you and good day.

Comment

I do not advise you to put 8.1.0, a clumsy android from Google. The most normal is 7.1.2, on this bunch of bugs, the prefix is automatically rebooted, it is impossible to select the last or the penultimate items with a mouse or remote control. In short, the Google people screwed up with the 8 android, turning it into a buggy UG. I hope these problems will be solved in 9 android. And so my personal opinion, all that is higher than 7.1.2, buggy garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra1111new View Post
                            I do not advise you to put 8.1.0, a clumsy android from Google. The most normal is 7.1.2, on this bunch of bugs, the prefix is automatically rebooted, it is impossible to select the last or the penultimate items with a mouse or remote control. In short, the Google people screwed up with the 8 android, turning it into a buggy UG. I hope these problems will be solved in 9 android. And so my personal opinion, all that is higher than 7.1.2, buggy garbage.
                            Hi Cobra1111new,

That's what it seemed to me, android 8 is not really a step forward if you can not do what we did with android 7.1.2.

Finally I'm not sure to test this new firmware, better to have a functional tvbox an unusable update.

Thanks again and have a nice day..

Comment

Hi everybody,

Has anyone tested this new firmware ? http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...80528.img/file
                              Thanks for your feedback.

Nice day..

Comment

Working...
                              X