Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 Android TV OS 4GB/32GB RK3328 with Voice Remote Dual WiFi Bluetooth Type-C USB3.0 LED Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X88 Android TV OS 4GB/32GB RK3328 with Voice Remote Dual WiFi Bluetooth Type-C USB3.0 LED Display

Click image for larger version  Name:	geekbuying-X88-Android-TV-Vioce-Remote-4GB-32GB-RK3328-TV-BOX--542233-.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	730126

Spec's as found
    Loaded with Rockchip RK3328
    • X88 is one of the first models that comes equipped with Rockchip RK3328, the latest Rockchip SoC unveiled in the Janurary CES. With the latest RK3328 SoC loaded, X88 will be able to play 4K videos with H.265, H.264 and VP9 codecs, other than that, it features HDR, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0 to say a few.
    Runs on Android TV OS
    • X88 TV Box is based on the Android TV OS, with high speed and smooth performance, designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.
    DDR3 4GB RAM, eMMC 32GB
    • 4GB RAM makes bigger games run smoothly and the utilization of 32GB eMMC offers an array of benefits in terms of performance security and reliability, resulting in a richer end-user experience.
    802.11ac Dual Band WiFi
    • X88 carries 802.11ac WiFi. With support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, it can transmit higher amounts of data, and it's naturally less congested.
    True 4K Media Player
    • While your average media box might only accept 1080P video playback, this gadget plays just about any 4K sources you could throw at it. Furthermore, it moves out into reality the fantasy of VP9 hardware decoding alongside the H.265.
    Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 07-10-2018, 10:52.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a close look at thanks to Gearbest

Specification

Type: TV Box
    GPU: Mali-450
    System: Android 7.1
    CPU: RK3328
    Core: Cortex A53,Quad Core
    RAM: 4G
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 32G
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 64GB (not included)
    Decoder Format: 4K VP9,H.264,H.265
    Video format: ASF,AVI,DAT,FLV,ISO,MKV,MOV,MPEG,MPG,TS,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,APE,DDP,FLAC,HD,MP3,OGG,WMA
    Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
    5G WiFi: Yes
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: DC Power Port,HD,LAN,SPDIF,TF card,Type-C,USB2.0,USB3.0
    Language: Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: Others
    RJ45 Port Speed: 100Mbps
    System Bit: 64Bit
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Product weight: 0.3500 kg
    Package weight: 0.4800 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 11.50 x 11.50 x 2.30 cm / 4.53 x 4.53 x 0.91 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 20.80 x 14.00 x 6.60 cm / 8.19 x 5.51 x 2.6 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x English User Manual

Let's not dilly dally and have a look at what we have.

The Box:

Contents of Box:

Closer look at remote:

Look around:
    Front.

Side: some Venting in lid around the top.

Another side or Back.

Remove the Base:

Out with PCB:

Case:

Heat sink on good, not able to see Ram/Cpu, some other Bits:
    WiFi.

eMMC:

Ethernet thing

USB Chip

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well and Interesting find as we start this unit up, looks like ATV, ....after a bit of a set up it is ATV, great
      Also has L1 Widevine, what has happened here unheard of in the modern world, but we knew it was coming

Not to bad at all so far Netflix 1080p,
      YT 4k , found the latest update caused it to crash before playing removed update all good now

Does not have Root access,
      A Typical Android TV no extra bits to find, no App Drawer

I just Install Puffin Browser then Aptoide TV, then you can install any app you wish,
      As mentioned as this unit does not have a App drawer you will need to install TV App Repo to create shortcuts to installed apps on Desktop

The Joys of ATV, but it looks like a pretty good start so far for RK and there Adventure in to ATV
      More test to come but looking ok so far.

More Later
      Last edited by trebor; 07-10-2018, 13:22.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

As mentioned looking pretty good...
        Set up of ATV typical Google way as expected no problems
        Wifi and Ethernet connections ok
        Has BT and a the BT dongle for the remote.
        Voice side of things is Just ok, I am finding at present.
        We dont have the Live wallpapers just black or Colour screen

Lets get looking

Typical ATV UI nother different here

System info etc

DRM: L1

Netflix: 1080p

Youyube: 4k

Media Center:

Aida64: 11 frames 4 seconds each

Ram and Storage Truth:

CPU-Z:

Geekbench: CPU
        More Info >
        http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8962049

Geekbench: Compute

A1 SD Bech

SD Card Test:

All upto date:
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Bit pricie. but looks good.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Most importantly, for a medial player does it passthrough HD audio or at the very least, Dolby Digital or DTS. That pathetic RK3328 device that I purchased a few short weeks ago, could NOT even passthrough Dolby or DTS, only stereo. This goes back three or four yeas ago, when none of these boxes could passthrough Dolby Digital.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
              trebor commented
              Editing a comment
              More important the clock has a nice blue glow to it,
              I will test audio soon and advise.

What I did was run Plex, easy connect to server,
            I have some demo files when clicked on the fist Plex advised do you want to enable pass thru, being in an agreeable mood this AM as the first coffee has gone down i agreed.

All the following played Audio on TV no problems,

I will attempt to do on the AMP if I can get a chance, and if the Boss lets me is more to the truth, last time i did this I mucked up a setting and well I was banished, never to fiddle with the TV and Amp combo in the lounge...(good excuse for me to get my own soon)

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Camera does the display No justice, more a deep blue.

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                The boss says not to mess with her AV system.. haha...... They don't have a sense of humor, when you mess something up..........
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yer I plugged a HDMI in the wrong port so when it came on did not default, did i cop it BIG TIME....so have to pick a time

trebor

Hi
                Can you test if Netflix works with the Netflix addon here for Kodi 18 after enabling Inputstream, and what resolution 720p, 1080p?
                I know it has a crash problem on L3 DRM devices, not sure about L1.
                Is Netflix available in the Google ATV Store?
                Does the 4K Netflix app from xda sideloaded run in 4K or it isn't working?

Can you also check if Amazon Prime Video plays higher than 480p?
                Does it have PlayReady?

Google ATV Store, possible to see the Google Certified status?

Also if you can confirm the same things for Mecool KM8, it would be interesting to know.

Regards

Comment

Netflix is available from Playstore,
                  XDA version tested, a lots slower in loading, but the HD version did work, not running 4K netflix presently.

Prime Video starts to play then on screen error, starts to play program then stops/crashes.

more to come
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

i have a question,the right side of the screen not show when i play the Netflix Movie。other apps no problem. Why

Comment

Does Netflix still work and also in HD?
                      I thought it stopped because they now block non certified devices.

Comment

Working...
                      X