**HELP** My H96 MAX RK3328 seems to have BRICKED - Help Unbrick the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**HELP** My H96 MAX RK3328 seems to have BRICKED - Help Unbrick the same

I am a kind of newbie,and it is great to be a part of this thriving forum for TV Boxes, which hitherto unknown to me.
    My H96 MAX 4K RK3328 just worked for 20 days only, and seems to have bricked. There is this "BOOT" displayed when it is plugged in. I tried to Upgrade through "Factory Tool 1.45" with ROM provided by the seller @ Aliexpress, But I am getting this "Download IDB Fail" message. Image attached. Please help me in this.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ganesh2k5 View Post
    I am a kind of newbie,and it is great to be a part of this thriving forum for TV Boxes, which hitherto unknown to me.
    My H96 MAX 4K RK3328 just worked for 20 days only, and seems to have bricked. There is this "BOOT" displayed when it is plugged in. I tried to Upgrade through "Factory Tool 1.45" with ROM provided by the seller @ Aliexpress, But I am getting this "Download IDB Fail" message. Image attached. Please help me in this.
    All those H96 MAX RK3328 giving problems seems to be somewhat common now, got two, one came faulty, the other one has a faulty WiFi chip and had to end up porting a ROM for it because it's a clone after all.. Do you have a photo of your board? There are a few variants of this "H96 MAX RK3328" (Inside the box, just remove the rubber pads and unscrew the screws, do it disconnected from power and be careful as the WiFi antenna is usually glued to the box, take a photo of both sides and if you can write the number of the "biggest" ICs (parts) here).

Comment

Originally posted by Mywk View Post

All those H96 MAX RK3328 giving problems seems to be somewhat common now, got two, one came faulty, the other one has a faulty WiFi chip and had to end up porting a ROM for it because it's a clone after all.. Do you have a photo of your board? There are a few variants of this "H96 MAX RK3328" (Inside the box, just remove the rubber pads and unscrew the screws, do it disconnected from power and be careful as the WiFi antenna is usually glued to the box, take a photo of both sides and if you can write the number of the "biggest" ICs (parts) here).
      Thanks for the response. I have taken the photo of the board, which I have attached herewith. Hope this will help. As I don't know how to take out the board, I couldn't get other side of the board's image.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

ganesh2k5 Looks like my old one that came defective (worked 2 days then puff), it should have on the box "MXQ_RK3328_D4 V1.2".

1- What ROM are you trying to install? Use the correct one, this is important.

2- Use Factory Tool v 1.61 from here.

3- Try to flash in MASKROM instead, see the image attached (red circle), you have to short those two pins then it should show up in Factory Tool as MASKROM instead of Loader.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33555.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	735268

4- If you get it running, this box is missing a heat sink, either add a heat sink or add a fan to the place I marked in the image attached (yellow circle).
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33554.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.0 KB ID:	735269

Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
          I am having the ROM provided by the seller.
          I am having "Factory Tool v1.45". Do you want me to try out in the version 1.61 instead.?
          Any how I will try and update.

Comment

Originally posted by Mywk View Post
            ganesh2k5 Looks like my old one that came defective (worked 2 days then puff), it should have on the box "MXQ_RK3328_D4 V1.2".

1- What ROM are you trying to install? Use the correct one, this is important.

2- Use Factory Tool v 1.61 from here.

3- Try to flash in MASKROM instead, see the image attached (red circle), you have to short those two pins then it should show up in Factory Tool as MASKROM instead of Loader.
            Click image for larger version Name:	image_33555.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	735268

4- If you get it running, this box is missing a heat sink, either add a heat sink or add a fan to the place I marked in the image attached (yellow circle).
            Click image for larger version Name:	image_33554.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.0 KB ID:	735269

Best of luck!
            I have tried the Above method but I am getting the same old error. And even after shorting those pins,while flashing, it shows as loader only, ( have tried several times) but same issue persists.

Comment

ganesh2k5 Short the pins while inserting the USB cable, if you can try with another cable too or in a USB3 port, it took me quite some tries to get it into MASKROM with that box..

Comment

Thanks for your guidance, fortunately seller from the Aliexpress has agreed to replace this box.
                Can you suggest me which chipset/brand will be better and stable? Because I am totally confused with the numerous brands/Chips/ configurations to choose from.
                Basically I need a stable futuristic TV BOX around US$ 100.
                Thanks again for your helpful insight.

Comment

Thanks for your guidance, fortunately seller from the Aliexpress has agreed to replace this box.
                  Can you suggest me which chipset/brand will be better and stable? Because I am totally confused with the numerous brands/Chips/ configurations to choose from.
                  Basically I need a stable futuristic TV BOX around US$ 100.
                  Thanks again for your helpful insight.
                  Hi ,

what are your needs ??? for the S905W are some good Roms available ,

for sure take a Box with Rom support , good luck

​​​​​​​gefattern

Comment

To fix IDB error, get your device in maskrom mode and before hitting upgrade connect GND and CLK inside the board, It gonna work.

Comment

Hello, I have the H96 max box, I made the short circuit as in the photo above, but the rom does not install, its brand nonstop idb fail and the other I do not remember more. my H96 is blocked in MASKROM mode, how can I do this? or you find the NAND FLASH for short circuiter?
                      Last edited by viruskail; 03-25-2020, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X