Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a forum on xda for this box ?

Comment

Hey guy's I have tried twice to install the H96 Max + firmware 4/32 on my H96 Max H2 4/32 and it doesn't take.I am using the android tool v 2.51 did all the steps correct, am i missing something?
      Is there a Driver assistant tool for this?
      Will the H96 Max + firmware work on a H96 Max H2?......I am tinkering around with this box and wanted to see if I could get it to work.

Comment

You can downgrade H96 Max+ with original firmware for H96 Max H2 but the box won't boot.
        Bluetooth works with new firmware 8.1 for H96 Max+

Comment

What I am trying to do is upgrade the H 96 h2 with the android 8.1 firmware from the h96 max plus
          Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2018, 04:46. Reason: Added a word

Comment

H96Max+ to
            H96H2

no function

Comment

Hi I've had a go today at installing ROM based custom recovery using various methods and installing the latest firmware 08-10-2018 with no success, it may gives some pointers as to which methods don't work.
              for TWRP recovery from Freaktab forum for RK3328 devices TWRP official app Flashr and Flashify
              For firmware I used the October ROM for my device H96 Max+ 4/64 with the latest RK factory tool on my windows 10 laptop, no response from the tool when connecting, note I installed the drivers as recommended.
              ​​​​​​
              Ed.

Comment

eddieaok did you use the android tool V.2.51? i used that and got no response for it, during the upgrade it said it was 100% done, but i got nothing in the box.

Comment

Thanks for replying masher17 I used driver assistant 4.5 to install the drivers and the RK factory tool 1.6 for flashing the firmware. There is a YouTube video that shows the process, ha ha it didn't work.
                  I connected the usb to usb cable to the blue port nearest to the reset switch. On pressing run I have no indication in the tool menu that anything is happening. I'm going to try reinstalling the drivers.

Comment

eddieaok I also tried the driver assistant 4.5 & factory tool 1.6 and got nothing, in the post on page 1 in here from a guy's name "Guest" he has a mp3 video that shows a factory tool 2.51
                    being used i followed it and got nothing.In his post click on the highlighted word this, its red click it and you can download the video and info.Now there is another factory tool i found here 2.52 and havent tried it yet.Seems like there should be a driver assistant tool for the factory tool 2.51, i think using this one, it doesn't have the driver installed to work.

Comment

All sorted now it's a while since I have flashed a rockchip box, I used driver assistant 1.5 to install the drivers the latest 1.6 should work as well. Now this is how I went wrong connect the USB to USB cable into the white usb 2.0 port not the blue usb 3.0 port. In recovery mode the box connected straight away to android tool 2.52 and I was able to flash the firmware

Comment

eddieaok where did you get a driver assistant 1.5? I only see the 4.5, are you saying that you have flashed your device? anyway I tried the way Gante said using the 4.5 driver assistant and 2.51 factory tool doesn't work.Seems like you cant upgrade a H96 Max box to the newer firmware 8.0 Oreo.

Comment

We're talking about the H96 Max +, as Nemo17 wrote, on the H96 Max does not work this firmware procedure.

Comment

I understand now, got it, confused me cause if I had the H96 Max + ...I would already have the Oreo 8.0 installed so why would I need to update the firmware unless they have already have 8.1 out, thanks Gante

Comment

This is sarcasm masher17?
                              Not all of them smart are shit like you, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X