No announcement yet.

H96 MAX+ 4/32 or 4/64GB ROM TV Box Android 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gante no sarcasm, I apologize if anyone thinks it is. Sorry...I did read Nemo response with " no function " could mean he flashed it and has no function.

Comment

Masher17, ok.

It is a pity that you can not use the launcher from h96 Pro + with Kodi instead of Netflix on H96 Max + from Shonk.

Comment

Hi!

I have some issues with the frame rate output. I can set it to 1080p50hz as i need it, but it does not save in standby, what means everytime i switch the box in standby and later switch it on again it jumps back to auto frame rate and this is 60hz. But my TV does not like 60Hz and the screen is realy "flashy" then.
        I am not sure if there is a workaround, a shell command or something to set it manually to 50Hz? Or a custom rom? Did not find something until now.
        I did a update to the newest firmware yesterday but it is still the same....

Second thing what I am wondering is if you can switch on somewhere to see the notifications, or if there is a launcher with notification support (like leanback on mibox - yes i know its real android tv os there).

Thanks for your replys.

Comment

Hi,
          Just received my 4/64 version today and BT is not working.
          Is there a solution to this problem ?
          Regards

Comment

hey SBMK,,,i know you have probably been setting it up and a lot of work goes into that, but the seller would probably say to do this first.....do a factory reset...its possible that may fix it...reason why i say that i bought a box that had a problem with the display and doing a factory reset fixed it.....can hurt anything

Comment

Hi,

I did it, of course !

This is the model I have : https://m.geekbuying.com/item/H96-MA...OX-403752.html

There is no BT settings, and a simple tool I installed called BlueToothCheck tells me there is no BT support.

I also tried to plug a BT dongle I bought for my RPI3, but nothing changed.

Now I doubt this thing is able to provide any kind of BT support. I saw it on the drawings in the description, but with a closer look, it is not mentioned anywhere in the text !

Regards

Comment

Sbmk, wow, I know this for sure, cause i bought the same box and got it from Ali-express and it has the 4/64 version with Bluetooth and 5g WiFi , I don't know why but some places sell the H96 Max + with 4/64 bluetooth & 5g wifi... and i have read that with the certain ones a dongle wont work.

Comment

I just got an answer from the seller : there is no BT support on this model ! So I am ****ed up.
                  They must have chosen an generic picture, as "fast wifi and bluetooth" is mentioned.
                  No BT in late 2018 ...

Comment

The box support BT, you have to apply the last update. But still no nav Bar & no Status Bar

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

This one ? http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/10/h...date-20181008/

So I will give it a try.

Aren'y they available as spare apps ? If not, I should survive without them. To be honest, I would even be very happy to get rid of the whole stock interface, as it is intended to be a web, mail and kodi box only. So having a huge nexflix icon in from of my nose ... :-)

Do you know by any chance what other improvements or bug fixes it provides ?

Regards

Comment

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to install the last firmware update using a sdcard (I don't have USB A-A cable) ?

I have found various informations, so I have tried a few things :
                        - copy the "RK3328_H96_MAX+_SSV6051_RTL8189_8.1.0_20181008.22 58.img" at the root of a FAT32 formatted card, and plug the power supply while holding the button hidden in the AV plug : nothing happens, even if I wait for a long time, red led
                        - use the "rockchip create upgrade disk tool" to prepare the card.
                        - with the 1.4 version, it is always complaining about not being able to write the mbr (error 5).
                        - with version 1.53, I can create an "upgrade firmware" card, which contains a "sdupdate.img" file. While booting with this one, nothing happens. I can later mount it on the recovery menu, but no file seems to suit.
                        - i can also create a "sd boot" card, which seems to be on a "foreign" format. When booting with this one, I can see the h96 blue screen and .... display vanishes and that's it
                        Of course, no harm is done and I can restart a working unit.

Thanks for any kind of help.

Regards.

Comment

I finally managed to borrow a USB A-A from an external hdd, so I was able to update the firmware. There is indeed a BT item in "other settings" but it can not stay enable.
                          So this unit has definitely no BT support :-(
                          I could connect a wireless keyboard on it, but I experience another problem : most of my movies have no sound, some can have if I choose "HDMI bitstream" as an output, but I hava to survive a torrent of digital noises until the sound comes out.
                          So a big zero for this unit, it will return it before I throw it through the window.
                          Thank everybody for your answers :-)

Comment

sbmk I've just tested this with Bluetooth. With the firmware I'm using both my TV and tablet were found straight away as soon as I enabled Bluetooth in the box settings.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieaok View Post
                              sbmk I've just tested this with Bluetooth. With the firmware I'm using both my TV and tablet were found straight away as soon as I enabled Bluetooth in the box settings.
                              I believe you, but maybe hardware is different ? Hard to speak about "genuine model" with that kind of chinese stuff :-)

Which firmware did you use ?

I took the one suggested on the product page : http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/10/h...date-20181008/

Now I have a new BT button in "other settings" but it doesn't stay enabled. I tried while putting my BT speaker in pairing mode, nothing changed and the device was never listed.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X