Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Robert. I know you have a lot of different TV boxes RK33xx. Can you do a simple check for me ? Download image (for example Ubuntu_Xenial_desktop), unzip, write to Sd card. To perform the initial startup and configuration Armbian on MVR9 (or any TV box). And then check the option to automatically start Armbian on different models RK33xx (just connecting the SD card with Armbian in the TV box and turn the power) ? I am interested in what models of TV boxes have the function of automatic start of the system from external media. Most likely, the system will be able to run on some models of TV boxes (I'm interested in a list of these models).

By the way, the KIT did not have MVR9 USB A-A cable for flashing. For me it is not critical (I have different cables), but for potential buyers this information can be useful, that they knew in advance that the package may not contain such a cable.

Comment

Any particular Version ? Ok found your link
      And preferred method of writing to card has been a while or still the same.?

Last edited by trebor; 08-31-2018, 08:43.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Prepare the SD card with the image same as before. The only difference is that for the test you do not need to add anything manually.

Comment

The new version of images 20180831 with support for the standard use of dtb (with manual copying of the desired option to the root of the FAT partition with the name " dtb.img"). If you are using automatic dtb mode, your system is not fully functional (some hardware is not working) or the system does not start at all. You can try to manually add your own version of the dtb file (copy from the directory "/dtb" or use files from other systems Libreelec, Armbian, etc.). To do this, copy the desired option to the root of the FAT partition and rename it to "dtb.img" (in the same way as is done in the images Armbian\Libreelec for Amlogic).

Comment

All Good,
            System Boot, Logitech K400 Keyboard all good usb dongle
            Ethernet connect OK
            Test MP4 audio OK Video Jerky ? or could be the way it is

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-31_09-08-22.png
Views:	1829
Size:	875.4 KB
ID:	742780

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Tnx for test
              The video should run smoothly (unless you resize the window). When the system is first started, background applications are actively running. This can affect video and other applications. I watched the ridiculous stuttering and slowing down\speeding up videos in the first runs of the system. If the system is given 10-15 minutes to adapt, the video should work smoothly. By the way, it is possible to work the sound should be in the GUI audio settings to choose the right device, there can be multiple devices. When i'm connect the USB sound card I have everything is determined by the machine and immediately begins to work.

Comment

I will go looking for More of the RK3328 tomorrow they are in storage, do a couple a day pending on the find
                WIll see what does and does not boot and go from there I guess
                Just uploaded the above image using the 3328 all good excellent

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I understand that the tests you have done on MVR9 ?

Comment

Yes testing the MVR9, this one I have been also testing ATV on this one so it's still in the work in progress area and not in the put in storage area..

Do we have a chance for WiFi and BT on these units ?

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

There's a chance. But you want it all... it's only been a few days since work began ...

Comment

Hmmm few days goodness
                        I thought you would have had Windows10 Running on it by now
                        Some one had to ask
                        All in good time,
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Windows is excluded, I do not recognize this system ....

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Installed on my Scishion A1 ONE using the "px30-evb-ddr3-lvds-v10" dtb. It boots and comes to the login screen. I type "admin" for user and "1234" for password, but, keep saying wrong password. It does not show up using putty, either.
                            Trebor, that is a DTB file that is included with the Linux port by Balbes150, when you create the bootable Linux OS onto a microSD card.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
                              trebor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ok time to try another card and see
                              Thanks

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Trebor, that is a DTB file that is included with the Linux port by Balbes150, when you create the bootable Linux OS onto a microSD card.
                            Try this one, I am using it now. rk3328-evb.dtb
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                            X