This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux for TV box RK3328.

A test version of the image Armbian for TV boxes on the basis of RK3328. Tested on MVR9

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4ghz-wifi-bt4

All basic functions work. For running. Download. Unpack. To record on the SD card. Connect the SD card to TV box, connect a keyboard and mouse. To turn the power on the TV box. The system should start within 2-3 minutes. You must perform the initial configuration of Armbian.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

The system of choosing the correct dtb has changed.

Please note, now it should be done on a different principle (files do not need to be copied).

To select the desired dtb, you need to change the line in the text file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf". In the line "FDT" you need to change the name of the file that the system will use at startup. The list of available files (names to specify in the configuration) can be found in the "dtb"directory. If you do not know exactly what file you need , you can enter all available names in turn and check the operation of the system. In accordance with this, the system installation script in eMMC has been changed. The steps to install the system on the eMMC remain the same.

If the system does not start from external media.
    1. Try different programs to write the image. There were reports that in different operating systems different programs write the image incorrectly (the system can not start from it).
    2. Try a different SD media. If you are using a microSD -> SD adapter, try other adapters. A lot of adapters do not work well (this is a common problem).

Added a utility to full backup and restore the entire eMMC "ddbr". Checked mode the backup MVR9. Now if you try to check the recovery mode.

The order of installation in eMMC.

1. Download, unzip and burn the image to SD card.

2. Start Armbian on the TV box and perform the initial setup of the system.

3. If the system works correctly and you are satisfied, run the utility "ddbr" and create a full backup of eMMC (this is a prerequisite).

4. Rename the file "/boot/mvr9-uboot.img" in "/boot/uboot.img".

5. Run as user "root" script "/boot/create-mbr-linux.sh"

6. To run the script "/root/install.sh"

Pay attention to the correct operation of the installation procedure need to comply strictly with the order of the steps.

Add info forum Armbian

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8082...tv-box-rk3328/

Please note, these are test systems and errors are possible in them, all actions are at your own risk.
    Last edited by balbes150; 01-28-2019, 09:26.

That is fantastic news, Balbes150. I use your Linux ports on a couple of my Android boxes. I do have this "SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box - SILVER US PLUG", and boy what piece of CRAP it is for Android. I sits unused, because it is soooooo awful. It does have 4 gig of ram, so that will work great for Linux. I use Linux as my Emby, Plex and Tvheadend servers. It has a Rockshit 3328 SoC, with 4 gig of ram and 32 gig of storage.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      That is fantastic news, Balbes150. I use your Linux ports on a couple of my Android boxes. I do have this "SCISHION AI ONE Android 8.1 TV Box - SILVER US PLUG", and boy what piece of CRAP it is for Android. I sits unused, because it is soooooo awful. It does have 4 gig of ram, so that will work great for Linux. I use Linux as my Emby, Plex and Tvheadend servers. It has a Rockshit 3328 SoC, with 4 gig of ram and 32 gig of storage.
      Is that your model you wrote about ?
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-voice-control

Last edited by balbes150; 08-14-2018, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

Is that your model you wrote about ?

By the way, I managed to find a very interesting way for the s9xxx platform to make the regular u-boot work with eMMC as with a regular HDD\SSD and run Linux-4.18 from eMMC as from a regular disk (turning the TV box into a mini PC). Although all the experts claimed that when you create an MBR partition table in eMMC, the regular u-boot is destroyed .....
        Therefore, I have an interest to try the same for TV boxes on the RK chip.
        Yes, that is the box that I purchased, and what a piece of crap that is. It would have been cutting edge 3 or 4 years ago, but not today.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yes Please do one for the AI One be nice to see Clarky happy
          Like all 3328 there are many, all unique,
          Look forward

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Yes Please do one for the AI One be nice to see Clarky happy
            Like all 3328 there are many, all unique,
            Look forward
            Thank you Trebor. Perhaps Gearbest will send him one.

Comment

Is there a model of TV box 3328 and power button on the case ? To be able to turn on the TV box without the remote control.

Comment

Only the Quality ones i think you will find

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Another
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-2-4-wifi-bt4

Another
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...i-fast-lan-bt4

Another
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...th-4-1-usb-3-0

And that's about it form what I have looked at so Far
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thx
                    I see MVR9 and NT N9 have 1GB LAN port and DDR4 memory. That is interesing. I'll look for suppliers to understand the price.

Comment

Today I got a package with the TV box on the basis of RK3328. This is the MVR9.
                      In the near future I plan to start work on the initial testing and preparation for the installation of Linux.

Thank you Robert for help in obtaining test sample.

p.s. 3A power supply included.

Comment

A test version of the image Armbian for TV boxes on the basis of RK3328. Tested on MVR9. All basic functions work. For running. Download. Unpack. To record on the SD card. Connect the SD card to TV box, connect a keyboard and mouse. To turn the power on the TV box. The system should start within 2-3 minutes. You must perform the initial configuration of Armbian. For proper operation of the off switch on the model MVR9 additionally I recommend to download the file "rk3328-roc-cc.dtb" and replace them with a similar file in the "/dtb" directory.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                          A test version of the image Armbian for TV boxes on the basis of RK3328. Tested on MVR9. All basic functions work. For running. Download. Unpack. To record on the SD card. Connect the SD card to TV box, connect a keyboard and mouse. To turn the power on the TV box. The system should start within 2-3 minutes. You must perform the initial configuration of Armbian. For proper operation of the off switch on the model MVR9 additionally I recommend to download the file "rk3328-roc-cc.dtb" and replace them with a similar file in the "/dtb" directory.

https://yadi.sk/d/DSO6euzB3ahemo
                          Installed on my Scishion A1 ONE using the "px30-evb-ddr3-lvds-v10" dtb. It boots and comes to the login screen. I type "admin" for user and "1234" for password, but, keep saying wrong password. It does not show up using putty, either.

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Where is this file to Dload
                            px30-evb-ddr3-lvds-v10
                            My AI One 2/16 does have a desire to boot from SD

Have you already created a user/password. If not, I think you might want to try root/1234.

Keep in mind, I do not have this box. Was referring to info here, under, "How to start with Armbian".

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                            Have you already created a user/password. If not, I think you might want to try root/1234.

Keep in mind, I do not have this box. Was referring to info here, under, "How to start with Armbian".
                            Yes, you are correct. My memory is gone. As many times as I have done this, I forgot to use root instead of admin............

Thanks.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                              RISCy Dude commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Mine too, in a week I won't remember any of this. lol
                          Working...
                          X