Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ploughing thru some more 3328 boxes, seeing if I can get lucky with the one created so far...not looking good

Not been up to speed with this 100%
    The DTB you mention rk3328-evb.dtb, needs to be placed in location or edit a file to be told,
    Been awhile since I have Linuxed on Android an like you Old and forget things whatever you name is
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Just ploughing thru some more 3328 boxes, seeing if I can get lucky with the one created so far...not looking good

Not been up to speed with this 100%
      The DTB you mention rk3328-evb.dtb, needs to be placed in location or edit a file to be told,
      Been awhile since I have Linuxed on Android an like you Old and forget things whatever you name is
      Just copy it to the root of the bootable Linux ROM that you just created, and rename it to "dtb.img". When have you had time to test all those RK3328 boxes??? hahaha, take me hours test ONE box with all the different device trees that pertain to the RK3328 boxes.

I know you are super human, but now you must be super, super super human, and you must still be wearing that cape.......... LOL
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok Got It, this I can do.

Your one was a 4gb I think ?
      Mine is 2gb and Blue could be the isssue..
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Your one was a 4gb I think ?
        Mine is 2gb and Blue could be the isssue..
        Yes, I do believe that would make a difference in which device tree will work with your blue box.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I understand correctly, on the models on these links the system is fully started and available graphical desktop ? By the way, the sound on all works ?

Comment

No they would only boot from SD, and would not go desktop
            Some units would not switch on, others very quick to bootloader ignore SD

You mentioned
            check the option to automatically start Armbian on different models RK33xx (just connecting the SD card with Armbian in the TV box and turn the power)

Meaning after testing on MVR9 use it as is on other units,
            or have I read it incorrectly, and required to indicate for it to do more ?

I hate TF cards also to small

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

1. Recorded an image on SD and started it on MVR9. Performed initial setup. Log user "root\1234", change his password, create a new user, set him a password, the system will automatically start the desktop. Try video\sound.

At the first stage of the test, you do not need to change anything in the configured SD card, just connect to the TV box and try to start.

2. After that, try to connect the configured SD card on other TV boxes and check to what level will start. If the system starts and displays the desktop, it can be considered a full support start (if will not work network, sound, etc., while it is not critical).
              3. If you run on the screen will run lines from LInux, it is also good and shows that with the additional settings the system will be able to work on this TV box.

And the results can be written a brief reference. Model TV box - start GUI or Linux strings. If you connect the SD card there is no Linux start and there is no start of the built-in Android-it shows an appeal to the SD card and there is a chance to make it work. If you connect the SD card immediately runs Android, so in this model there is no direct support for running Linux, and requires additional steps (if they happen to find).

Comment

As I thought,

Boxes mentioned above do number 3 lines and lines of it

Further tested another 7 boxes only

Also number 3

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I built a new version of the 20180903 image without including u-boot. This option should try to use a regular u-boot (for those who have a problem with determining the type of memory).

Comment

The renewal of the image 20180904.
                    Added a utility "ddbr" to create full backup and restore the entire eMMC. Checked mode the backup MVR9? archive create. Now if you try to check the recovery mode.

Comment

I tried to run Armbian on MVR9 with different dtb files. The test system runs with almost all options rk3328*. When using the (rk3328-evb.dtb) option, the system is very slow. The dtb at a different part of the iron does not work (this is understandable). Therefore, those who try to start the system on their TV boxes, I recommend manually check all options dtb (copy in turn to the root FAT and rename to "dtb.img " all options rk3328*). Perhaps you will find one that will work better than others.

During the test I found out (for myself) that on MVR9 the boot block from eMMC is started first and then it tries to start the secondary boot loader either from SD card or, if it does not find it there, from eMMC (on other TV boxes it is possible it is differently). On V88, I see the same algorithm. So there is a chance to use a universal image and only change the secondary loader to run on different models of TV boxes.

Comment

New version of the image 20180809.

Changes.
                        Added the function to install the system in eMMC. Pay attention, this option is available ONLY for TV models Boxing MVR9 and compatible models. If you try to install the system in eMMC for non-supported systems, you will get a brick.

The order of installation in eMMC.

1. Download, unzip and burn the image to SD card.

2. Start Armbian on the TV box and perform the initial setup of the system.

3. If the system works correctly and you are satisfied, run the utility "ddbr" and create a full backup of eMMC (this is a prerequisite).

4. Rename the file "/boot/mvr9-uboot.img" in "/boot/uboot.img".

5. Run as user "root" script "/boot/create-mbr-linux.sh"

6. To run the script "/root/install.sh"

Pay attention to the correct operation of the installation procedure need to comply strictly with the order of the steps.

Comment

Added another version of the image 20180909.
                          On the model MVR9 image Xenial-desktop earned WiFi (maybe will work BT, I haven't checked).

To use this version, you must manually add the correct DTB. For MVR9 model you need to copy the file " /dtb/rockchip/rk3328-box-trn9.dtb" in the root of the FAT partition and rename to "dtb.img"

Comment

MVR9 image Xenial-desktop is running very well.

Is there a way to add video playback support maybe with vlc, gstreamer, Kodi etc. and also for eg. Youtube to play in a browser?
                            I read you need a special compiled ffmpeg.
                            Firefox is also faster than Chromium I read.

If video playback can be setup, it will help a lot of users for which it is too technical.

Some more information

Comment

I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X