This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Somehow I must be missing something Vital:
    I have a H96Max 4K box, and a Sunvell R69 box. The Sunvell with its 1GB Ram is getting a bit weak by now and will retire as a Minecraft server for my niece.
    So as a christmas gift for myself, I picked up the 4GB RAM, 32GB flash, Android 7.1.2 RK3328 H96Max 4k box, as , from reading this thread, it's amiably supported.

Since 2 weeks now I am trying to get it to run.
    Using https://yadi.sk/d/DSO6euzB3ahemo => https://yadi.sk/d/DSO6euzB3ahemo/ARM...0190123.img.xz
    I DD'ed them onto a trusty Kingston 8GB SDCard for testing.
    I cycled through all rk3328 dtb's by now.
    And the box always boots up straight into its Android system without any measurable delay.

So, should I be pressing any buttons on the remote to trigger the Rockchip to boot off the sdcard?
    If so, I missed this info in this thread.
    Can somebody point me either to where further boot instructions are provided, or tell me which stupid non-Allwinner error I am making?

With kind regards
    Aries

Comment

Originally posted by Aries_Hausdorff View Post
      I have a H96Max 4K box, and a Sunvell R69 box. The Sunvell with its 1GB Ram is getting a bit weak by now and will retire as a Minecraft server for my niece.
      So as a christmas gift for myself, I picked up the 4GB RAM, 32GB flash, Android 7.1.2 RK3328 H96Max 4k box, as , from reading this thread, it's amiably supported.

Since 2 weeks now I am trying to get it to run.
      Using https://yadi.sk/d/DSO6euzB3ahemo => https://yadi.sk/d/DSO6euzB3ahemo/ARM...0190123.img.xz
      I DD'ed them onto a trusty Kingston 8GB SDCard for testing.
      I cycled through all rk3328 dtb's by now.
      And the box always boots up straight into its Android system without any measurable delay.

So, should I be pressing any buttons on the remote to trigger the Rockchip to boot off the sdcard?
      If so, I missed this info in this thread.
      Can somebody point me either to where further boot instructions are provided, or tell me which stupid non-Allwinner error I am making?

With kind regards
      Aries
      If a micro-sd card is inserted it should boot from it by default.
      There are a lot of clone or cheap RK3328 devices that don't have the ability to boot from a micro-sd card, then there is nothing you can do.
      The Android firmware could also not have the ability to boot from a micro-sd card, then you have to ask the manufacturer for an updated firmware with support for it.
      Try to flash with Etcher instead.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If a micro-sd card is inserted it should boot from it by default.
        There are a lot of clone or cheap RK3328 devices that don't have the ability to boot from a micro-sd card, then there is nothing you can do.
        The Android firmware could also not have the ability to boot from a micro-sd card, then you have to ask the manufacturer for an updated firmware with support for it.
        Try to flash with Etcher instead.
        Well, its this unit here:

Just my remote looks like from the H96Max+ models, it has these 4 colored buttons under the TV control ones.
        I had assumed that these units were, amongst themselves, pretty much identical and wouldn't deviate much from each other.
        Is there a way to flash the same firmware that most others here seem to have used on this box?
        I mean, I can do Fastboot flashing , no problem. But Online update simply doesn't find another option, and like for Fastboot, for local update I do need an image for this unit.
        So, which ressource can you recommend to pull updated / suitable firmwareversions from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gergely View Post
          Hi! I need some help. I have an A5X MAX+ tvbox, what I got with android 8.1. It is unable to boot from sd card. (neither armbian nor libreelec) I tried most of the dtb files, but nothing happened, always boot android. However, I read on the forum that someone was able to boot from sd card with the same box. Maybe because he has the original android 7.1 on his box. Is there any chance if I revert to android 7.1, my box will be able to boot from sd card too? Or it doesn't depend on the android firmware?
          1. Try different programs to write the image. There were reports that in different operating systems different programs write the image incorrectly (the system can not start from it).
          2. Try a different SD media. If you are using a microSD -> SD adapter, try other adapters. A lot of adapters do not work well (this is a common problem).

Comment

Originally posted by Aries_Hausdorff View Post
            RK3328 H96Max 4k box, as , from reading this thread, it's amiably supported.
            I haven't seen in this thread there were no reports of a successful run on this model.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

I haven't seen in this thread there were no reports of a successful run on this model.
              Ouch. This tells me that just because the SOC is fully supported, the resulting model is not.
              I had made excellent experiences with systems with the A20, A80 and H2 and H3 processors from Allwinner, so I assumed, blue eed I guess ,that support for the chipset would be sufficient.
              Okay, I shouldn't make buying decisions after long parties.

Comment

Updated 5.73 images.

Added dtb to work with a frequency of 1500. Enabled by default dtb with the maximum frequency and the memory speed (rk3328-a5x-1500.dtb).

Comment

New images 5.76 201903306.

The files are in the same location as the previous version. Slightly updated kernel.

Comment

New images 5.77

Comment

Update images 5.78

Comment

Update image ver 5.82

Kernel NEXT (5.1.0-rc6) works HDMI.

Comment

Update image ver 5.88 20190612

Comment

Armbian_5.89_Rk3328-tv_Debian_buster_default_4.4.154_20190628.img
                            I tried this image on HK1 MAX with 2G RAM and 16G FLASH. It did not start.
                            Is there something I can do to make it work?

The TV box I have is like this one:

Comment

Originally posted by bcb View Post
                              Armbian_5.89_Rk3328-tv_Debian_buster_default_4.4.154_20190628.img
                              I tried this image on HK1 MAX with 2G RAM and 16G FLASH. It did not start.
                              Is there something I can do to make it work?

The TV box I have is like this one:
                              https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32986201963.html
                              Ok... I should cycle through dtb files... I'll do that.

None works.
                              Last edited by bcb; 07-16-2019, 20:56.

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Will most likely never work as no one is going to work on such a no name device. Decide on what features and support you need first then get a device that supports that. Development boards work the best as they provide a lot of Linux support. It takes a lot of time to get mainline Linux support for a device, needed for LibreELEC, Linux support and if the manufacturer doesn't send sample devices to developers, provide support and make a high quality device, no one will be interested.

New image 5.91 20190726

Comment

Working...
                              X