Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise T9 TV Box - RK3328 Android8.1 4GB RAM+32GB ROM 2.4G WIFI 100Mbps USB3.0 support 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfawise T9 TV Box - RK3328 Android8.1 4GB RAM+32GB ROM 2.4G WIFI 100Mbps USB3.0 support 4K

Alfawise T9 TV Box RK3328
    Android8.1 4GB RAM+32GB ROM 2.4G WIFI 100Mbps USB3.0 support 4K

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180816122038_90546.jpg
Views:	6483
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	744604

Main Features
    ● Android 8.1 operation system
    ● RK3328 CPU, quad-core, Cortex-A53
    ● 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM
    ● HDMI interface for 4K ultra HD image
    ● H.265 decoding, saving half bandwidth
    ● 2.4GHz WiFi and 100Mbps Ethernet for quick network access

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

The Never ending supply of RK3328 continues thanks to gearbest we can have a look at the

Specification as found
    Brand: Alfawise
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 8.1
    CPU: RK3328
    Core: Cortex A53,Quad Core
    RAM: 4G
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 32G
    Decoder Format: H.265
    Video format: 4K,ASF,AVI,DAT,FLV,ISO,MKV,MPEG,MPG,RM,RMVB,TS,VOB ,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,AC3,APE,DDP,DTS,FLAC,HD,MP3,OGG,TrueHD,WAV,WMA
    Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
    5G WiFi: No
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: DC Power Port,HDMI,RJ45,SPDIF,USB2.0
    Antenna: No
    Camera: Without
    Language: Multi-language
    DVD Support: No
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video
    External Subtitle Supported: No
    HDMI Function: CEC,HDCP
    Power Consumption.: 10W
    RJ45 Port Speed: 100Mbps
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA Battery ( not included )
    Product weight: 0.1260 kg
    Package weight: 0.4220 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 11.00 x 11.00 x 2.00 cm / 4.33 x 4.33 x 0.79 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 22.00 x 14.00 x 6.00 cm / 8.66 x 5.51 x 2.36 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x English Manual

Some Images to entertain your viewing pleasure

The Box:

What's in the Box:

Ports and a look around:

Rear Ports:

Side Ports:
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

As with all media players past, let's rip into into it and see what surprises we have in the
      Alfawise T9 TV Box - RK3328 Android 8.1 4GB RAM+32GB ROM 2.4G WIFI 100Mbps USB3.0 support 4K

Remove the Base, 4 screws under feet pads, and off it pops easy
      Not a lot to see under here. Ram, Display chip.
      Can see by the Sticker so it's either going to be one WiFi or Another,

Base Removed:

Closer:

Board easily lifts out and we get to were all the action is
      An effort to improve cooling with Thermal Pad and Small bit of alloy. any bigger would have messed WiFi, and it still may
      Onboard WiFi Antenna, bare copper strips on PCB can be OK,
      We can see Ram, eMMC, Lan Chip, and WiFi (8723) chip just behind Display
      Led Display on front , ports all round and Reset switch behind AV port.

Lift out PCB:

Closer:

Testing to happen soon if not later
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

All fired up good to go,
        The
        Alfawise T9 TV Box - RK3328 Android 8.1 4GB RAM+32GB ROM 2.4G WIFI 100Mbps USB3.0 support 4K no issues at present.

WiFi working well with cover on case, no difference seen.

The setup of WiFi, Google Account, Updates and Test Apps all Ok for what we have.
        Bluetooth picking up TV and SoundBar.

Running Android 8.1 so will see how this all pans out.
        Clock on front can either display 12 or 24 hour time, via settings
        Remote does the job
        Heat is typical for these units

Unit does have Root access and DRM in L3.

The Accuracy of apps used for testing is only a guide
        Compatibility with A8.1 may have some weird stuff going on.

A different UI and looking ok I feel, well except for the large picture not looked if it can be altered.
        Runs pretty smooth have to give it some time to see what it can do

Netflix runs 540p

Lets see what we have to offer

UI and Installed Apps and Information: no More or Droid settings found

Hold Menu Key on remote to change Apps, two on left, four along bottom.

Root access

DRM L3

Ram and Storage Truth

Antutu

CPU-Z

Aida 64

Geekbench 4 CPU

More Information > http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10110411

Geekbench 4 Compute

More Info > http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/2982282

SD Card Test

All up to date at present

Thanks to Gearbest
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Bit of a fiddle thru the Night watch Movie thru the installed KD player and had a fiddle with VLC, ran a few test,
          TV HDMI only all pretty smooth with current installed Apps..a More customised Player may help for those that need it.
          Does the job.

Bit of Netflix only 540p easy to watch,

Checked out ethernet, speeds all good in that area:

A few KDPlayer snaps this AM, Spring then Summer, bring on the Heat,

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If you hit ctrl and shift and "o", it will bring up the menu to show dropped or skipped frames, using Kodi. Would be interesting if it drops frames. Also, what kind of audio do you get from Kodi?? Dolby Digita, DTS or hopefully HD audio??

But as always, thanks for all these reviews, eventhough you cost me lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
              trebor commented
              Editing a comment
              I will look at that drop frame business later for sure
              Audio not sure at this stage, it's all TV and getting all Audio via HDMI.
              An attempt to use the AV AMP and Bits in the Family room will cause instant grief to myself from the one is in control.

Skip tends will happen often when it first starts to play, up to 50 or so in the first few seconds I am finding here.
            Then becomes stable
            I see the Mb/s peaking at 14 (ethernet) and then between that and not much...stays constant no Skips/Drops

Do a screencap the pause is enough to add more skips

Using the installed/supplied KD player V 17.5 nothing set/tweaked

USB drive is showing minimal to not much skip or drop

Ethernet

USB

As you screencap on ethernet the Skipped increase
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I got a non-Alfawise version of this box from Amazon today, but it's exactly the same as the one reviewed in all but brand name, down to the launcher and apps installed. So far, I like it, but there are a couple of things that really bug me; apparently, on the version of Oreo the box manufacturer installed on these, the Notification dropdown and Recent Apps screen are not there/inaccessible. This is a pain, because some things need to be acknowledged through a notification (like me having to put my Chrome security passphrase in after linking my Google account to Chrome) and there should be a way to close unneeded programs easily. Why they did this, I have no idea, but it's enough to make me think about returning it to Amazon and going back to my trusty (but abused) T95Z Plus 2G/16G.

Is anyone aware of workarounds for these two issues?

Edit: I was able to enter my Chrome passphrase without being able to see the notifications; I went into Chrome's settings and was able to it enter it there direct. Also, I was getting a bit pissed that I couldn't get the AOSP keyboard to not pop up on text fields, even though I have a HW keyboard; I wound up just disabling the AOSP keyboard altogether in Settings/Apps. That leaves me with the Recent Apps issue; I've tried a couple of different apps to work around that, but none worked, because it seems that whoever compiled this version of Oreo for these boxes just left out the underlying functionality for this and for the Notification area. So far, I like the box for the most part, but the cut-down version of Oreo just boggles my mind, because having the same functionality on these boxes as on our phones and tablets is why some of us buy these boxes to begin with, but I digress.
              Last edited by talon_262; 10-05-2018, 06:50.

Comment

Would you have firmware for this device? I made the mistake of installing SuperSU from the play store and device wont boot up anymore - stuck in boot mode. I can get into the recovery, reset it to no avail

firmware is rather hard to find online

many thanks!

Comment

I had the same problem. Mind is stuck in a boot loop from running a Mod app too. I cannot get it reflashed yet. Windows 10 shows the tvbox device but says it needs drivers.
                  Last edited by KahunaTuna; 10-27-2018, 03:56.

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for that! I was finally (yesterday!) able to get the firmware file from the Chinese company I purchased it off via alibaba (Topleo). The tool they gave me to flash the device didn't seem to work an their steps are in the worst english... anyways

I managed to install it using an updated version of the software and am happy to say all is finally working. Will post a guide with exact steps when I have time. Send me a msg if you need help!

Have uploaded the firmware and tool

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Originally posted by KahunaTuna View Post
                    I ad the same problem. Mind is stuck in a boot loop from running a Rom Manager by Clockwork Mod from "Gooble" play store. The TVBox brand is branded Vontar T9 with the typical tile like casing. Also it has 4g ram w/64g storage.
                    I was given the link for that units model that as hardware of 2.5 & 5g WiFi bandwidths.
                    I am out of experience with flashing so I haven't tried the ROM IMG on this link.

Maybe a experienced mod or member can test it. It was manufacturer sourced.

I can't paste the here for unknown air mouse reason, I guess.

I posted the on another post today. Follow my name to go to the other posting under Vontar TV box posting.

Beware though I have not tested the file.
                    Please keep me posted.

Comment

Originally posted by craigmdickson View Post
                      Hi there,

Thanks for that! I was finally (yesterday!) able to get the firmware file from the Chinese company I purchased it off via alibaba (Topleo). The tool they gave me to flash the device didn't seem to work an their steps are in the worst english... anyways

I managed to install it using an updated version of the software and am happy to say all is finally working. Will post a guide with exact steps when I have time. Send me a msg if you need help!

Have uploaded the firmware and tool

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Thanks a bunch mate, will save the firmware and tool for future use.
                      I bought it from a local store in my country 2 weeks ago, it's only has a big T9 sign on top cover, but the spec and exterior look exactly the same. Working like a charm, and mostly satisfy all my needs. Looking forward to someone who could make a custom rom for it.

Comment

Hello,

I buy this model : 4GB64GB with 2.4g + 5.8g Double WiFi.
                        This box seems to be good, but it is slow when you open App like "youtube", "Netflix".

If somebody has an idea to see the apps opened in the background. A long press on "Home" key does nothing.

Regards

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies - the share folder I setup was accidentally changed to private. Have fixed this now....

Comment

Hi all,

Has someone the last V8 firmware release for the T9 Box of 64 G storage (2.4 & 5G WiFi bandwidths) ?

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X