No announcement yet.

Libreelec for rk3328

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks mo123 where can I download this old 4.4 kernel LibreELEC ?
    I will try with http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreEL...2.1-box.img.gz

Comment

So, http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreEL...2.1-box.img.gz
      boot but don't work so fine..
      balbes150 , please can you post the last version of your LE for RK3328 in kernel 4 ? can see in #103

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
      Add new image 20191210 kernel 4 and 5

Please check the operation of different codecs on rk3328 in the latest 20191210 images with kernel 5.
      Last edited by Ac2n; 04-08-2020, 08:58.

Comment

Regarding #120 comments, LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-devel-20190512173254-bdfaff1-box from http://kwiboo.libreelec.tv/test/old/ is kernel 5.1, not 4.4. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
          So, http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreEL...2.1-box.img.gz
          boot but don't work so fine..
          balbes150 , please can you post the last version of your LE for RK3328 in kernel 4 ? can see in #103

These versions are not updated and are no longer supported.
          Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

thanks balbes150 ..

In the link that you give me there is a kernel 4 version of 23-11-2019, I will test this one..
            However I can not find the version of 10-12-2019 which seems to be the last made under kernel 4, if someone has keep a copy of this version please share.

Have a nice day..

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
              thanks balbes150 ..

In the link that you give me there is a kernel 4 version of 23-11-2019, I will test this one..
              However I can not find the version of 10-12-2019 which seems to be the last made under kernel 4, if someone has keep a copy of this version please share.

Have a nice day..
              If you really want the Kernel 4 versions then just use the Official or Alpha images directly from LibreELEC. balbes150 makes Development images so you can use or test the latest and greatest features and code updates available to LibreELEC software.

Comment

This Thread is here for posts of SD images for Amlogic devices that Boot directly into Linux from sd Card. Special Thanks to balbes150 for all his work in this area This is for Any Amlogic SD card Image for any Distro that is Confirmed Working. As this is the Start of this Thread the Images will be listed in this manor. 905

Comment

About the problem of lack of HW acceleration while playing XVID videos in MX10, #114, Kodi says:

Code:
                  CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - using decoder V4L2 mem2mem MPEG4 decoder wrapper
                  CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - unable to open codec
                  I'm starting to think that the problem may be in the absence of a node for the RGA device in the DTB of the image, given http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Rga.

In the dmesg of the stock android kernel, RGA is correctly initialized, as shown next, but not so in the image:

Code:
                  <6>[    1.610403]  [0:      swapper/0:    1] rga: Module initialized.
                  <6>[    1.611086]  [0:      swapper/0:    1] rga2 ff390000.rga: rga ion client create success!
                  <6>[    1.611313]  [0:      swapper/0:    1] rga: Driver loaded succesfully
                  Does this make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by jesuslop View Post
                    About the problem of lack of HW acceleration while playing XVID videos in MX10, #114, Kodi says:

Code:
                    CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - using decoder V4L2 mem2mem MPEG4 decoder wrapper
                    CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - unable to open codec
                    I'm starting to think that the problem may be in the absence of a node for the RGA device in the DTB of the image, given http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Rga.

In the dmesg of the stock android kernel, RGA is correctly initialized, as shown next, but not so in the image:

Code:
                    <6>[ 1.610403] [0: swapper/0: 1] rga: Module initialized.
                    <6>[ 1.611086] [0: swapper/0: 1] rga2 ff390000.rga: rga ion client create success!
                    <6>[ 1.611313] [0: swapper/0: 1] rga: Driver loaded succesfully
                    Does this make sense?
                    This is a completely different core, it is outdated and not used for LE.

Comment

Libreelec arm and aarch64 20200416 kernel 5.7-rc1

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

This is a completely different core, it is outdated and not used for LE.
                        I see. I'm pasting what I've got just in case it is useful to anyone.

Adding this to the DTS:

Code:
                            rga@ff390000 {
                                clock-names = "aclk", "hclk", "sclk";
                                clocks = <2 154 2 340 2 69>;
                                compatible = "rockchip,rk3288-rga";
                                interrupts = <0x0 0x21 0x4>;
                                reg = <0x0 0xff390000 0x0 0x1000>;
                                dma-coherent;        
                                resets = <0x2 0x8A 0x2 0x8B 0x2 0x88>;
                                reset-names = "axi", "ahb", "core";
                                status = "okay";
                            };
                        The kernel inits the driver:

Code:
                        [   10.052260] rockchip-rga ff390000.rga: HW Version: 0x04.00
                        [   10.056743] rockchip-rga ff390000.rga: Registered rockchip-rga as /dev/video0
                        and lsmod shows:

Code:
                        v4l2_mem2mem           45056  2 hantro_vpu,rockchip_rga
                        Sadly this does not get me HW accel play of XVID videos.

My current understanding is that the Rockchip rk3328 codec is Hantro G1 compatible, and the mainline driver presently does not handle MPEG4 part 2, ASP (i. e., xvid)

Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to torvalds/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.

(would be great to be shown wrong).

Comment

I see. I'm pasting what I've got just in case it is useful to anyone.

Adding this to the DTS:

Code:
                           rga@ff390000 {
                          clock-names = "aclk", "hclk", "sclk";
                          clocks = <2 154 2 340 2 69>;
                          compatible = "rockchip,rk3288-rga";
                          interrupts = <0x0 0x21 0x4>;
                          reg = <0x0 0xff390000 0x0 0x1000>;
                          dma-coherent;
                          resets = <0x2 0x8A 0x2 0x8B 0x2 0x88>;
                          reset-names = "axi", "ahb", "core";
                          status = "okay";
                          };
                          The kernel inits the driver:

Code:
                          [ 10.052260] rockchip-rga ff390000.rga: HW Version: 0x04.00
                          [ 10.056743] rockchip-rga ff390000.rga: Registered rockchip-rga as /dev/video0
                          and lsmod shows:

Code:
                          v4l2_mem2mem 45056 2 hantro_vpu,rockchip_rga
                          Sadly this does not get me HW accel play of XVID videos.

My current understanding is that the Rockchip rk3328 codec is Hantro G1 compatible, and the mainline driver presently does not handle MPEG4 part 2, ASP (i. e., xvid)

Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to torvalds/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.

(would be great to be shown wrong).
                          Mainline doesn't support certain mpeg4 currently, it's software decoded.
                          Only 4.4 kernel with an old mpp_mpeg4_hardware_decoding patch plays mpeg4/xvid correctly, the patch is only in RK322x LE images and MVR9 RK3328 image I made.
                          The patch is not compatible with 5.7 kernels as mpp is not used anymore and it was switched to v4l2 codec drivers which only supports Mpeg2, VP8. H264 currently and VP9 that was recently added but not in LE yet.
                          RGA has to do with 2D rendering in Linux and doesn't affect video playback.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Mainline doesn't support certain mpeg4 currently, it's software decoded.
                            Only 4.4 kernel with an old mpp_mpeg4_hardware_decoding patch plays mpeg4/xvid correctly, the patch is only in RK322x LE images and MVR9 RK3328 image I made.
                            The patch is not compatible with 5.7 kernels as mpp is not used anymore and it was switched to v4l2 codec drivers which only supports Mpeg2, VP8. H264 currently and VP9 that was recently added but not in LE yet.
                            RGA has to do with 2D rendering in Linux and doesn't affect video playback.
                            Thank you, that is clarifying.
                            Last edited by jesuslop; 04-16-2020, 22:46.

Comment

hy my friends i have a MX10 with ROCKCHIP 3328
                              what is the last version that i have need for flash my box?
                              i have seen a lot of version.
                              i whant to flash it in a emcc and will be start when i power on.
                              please help me i have read a lot of post.
                              i can flash with jtag?
                              i have root android first ?
                              Thanks sorry but is the my first BOX

************************************************** *********
                              sorry i think that i have write on wrong tread... if you wont erase this post .. i have just write in another tread...

************************************************** ******
                              Last edited by zazzaleo; 04-23-2020, 23:40. Reason: i think that i wong tread..

Comment

Thank you, that is clarifying.
                                It is better to post this information on the LE forum so that all LE developers can see it.

To All
                                new ver 20200425 kernel 5.7-rc2

Comment

Working...
                                X