No announcement yet.

Libreelec for rk3328

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an A5X Max. After downloading the LE image onto the SD card, the OS boots fne, with the MX10 DTB. I only have two problems:
    • Bluetooth (RTL8723BS) doesen't work. I put the bluetooth in the extlinux.conf, but after enabling it in the services, the bluetooth options page still says no adapter found.
    • The IR remote is not working. It's the same type as the MX10 remote https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....nL._SX425_.jpg, but it doesent react to button press.
    • Sub-UHD videos are zoomed in. Every 1080p video I have is a little zoomed in, with the interface. If in video settings, I set the resolution to 2160p, the interface and video get back to normal, but the subtitles dissapear, until I set back the resolution to 1080p.

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Then you have to compare your Android dtb with the MX10 one and make the necessary changes yourself since it's not an official supported LibreELEC device.

The default settings work fine, don't change it. You can also change the zoom to stretch linear in video settings if there are any videos playing with black bars.

Originally posted by boroSK View Post
    Hi im absolutly begginer on RK chipset, before use Amlogic, now i try RK..
    now order MX10 tv box.

have some questions:

1. how differets aarch64 vs arm img from first post, and which they recommend?

2. i look into last img and found MX10 dtb file.
    I'm interested in everything that works/not-works with this box: remote control, CEC, NET wired/wifi, etc..

3. I would be very grateful if you explained to me step by step procedure, on how to run LE from SD card on my box.
    Thank you!
    1. The difference in the set of valid Addons. To check which versions are right for you, you should try both.
    2. Run and find out for yourself. There are different modifications (clones) of TV boxes with the same name.
    3. This is described in detail in different places, look for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by kreed View Post

I can't connect to the libreELEC repository with the ARM build, anyone else? can't get to inputstream.adaptive.
      About Addons you need to ask on the forum LE at Chewitt, I use its repository.

Comment

I managed to extract the DTB from the Android 9 build of the A5X Max, and convert it to DTS. Is there a guide to what to modify to make it compatible with libreelec?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alevan View Post
          I managed to extract the DTB from the Android 9 build of the A5X Max, and convert it to DTS. Is there a guide to what to modify to make it compatible with libreelec?
          No, you have to modify everything to be compatible with the newer kernel codebase used in LibreELEC.
          Android Pie kernel is a lot older than the Linux one used for LibreELEC.
          You have to do trail and error with other existing dtb files to find one that can boot somewhat on your device and modify it to be similar to your dtb file, find the missing pieces.
          Most RK3328 LibreELEC images are for development boards or some tv boxes where the manufacturers' donated some devices to the LibreELEC developers and their PCB pin layout diagrams.
          With other not very well supported devices, it's a lot more complicated as there are no kernel source code available and you have to compare compiled dtb/dts files.

Comment

Update image 20190306

Comment

alevan

I'm also working on trying to get A5X Max supported, I will take a look to the DTB file you provided but I'm pretty clueless about this.

How did you extract it? I got access to /sys/firmware/devicetree/base through adb but copying it to my pc to run dtc -I fs throws errors

Comment

Originally posted by madmalkav View Post
                alevan

I'm also working on trying to get A5X Max supported, I will take a look to the DTB file you provided but I'm pretty clueless about this.

How did you extract it? I got access to /sys/firmware/devicetree/base through adb but copying it to my pc to run dtc -I fs throws errors

With AndroidTool I unpacked the Android 9 image, and extracted it from the boot.img using https://github.com/PabloCastellano/extract-dtb if I remember correctly.

Comment

OK, thanks for the tip. I was trying to get it from my running device as I wasn't sure the Android images on the net where valid for my device or not. I have compared your DTS with the devicetree info in /sys while running Android and LE with several different DTBs and seems like when something works on LE, it matches my info on Android and your DTS. I will try to create something based on that but, as I said, this is really away for my usual skillset, so not sure if I will get anything.

By the way, anyone knows where I can get the DTS used for generating the MX10 DTB on balbes150 images?

Comment

Originally posted by madmalkav View Post
                    OK, thanks for the tip. I was trying to get it from my running device as I wasn't sure the Android images on the net where valid for my device or not. I have compared your DTS with the devicetree info in /sys while running Android and LE with several different DTBs and seems like when something works on LE, it matches my info on Android and your DTS. I will try to create something based on that but, as I said, this is really away for my usual skillset, so not sure if I will get anything.

By the way, anyone knows where I can get the DTS used for generating the MX10 DTB on balbes150 images?
                    To get it, I converted the dtb to dts using dtc:
                    Code:
                    dtc -I dtb -O dts -f devicetree_file_name.dtb -o devicetree_file_name.dts

Comment

Decompiled dts doesn't look like the ones included in the kernel. In the end, the information is the same, but it includes all the info from include files and alias are already resolved, in example.

I was curious about the mx10 dts file because that one is not on the kernel, so someone probably adapted it from the Android dtb. I'm curious at how they did it, that is why I wanted the "real" dts, not the compiled one.

By the way, I already have a dts to try but had a small problem that prevented me to compile it, will continue to work at it when I'm back home.

Comment

The new version of the LE for 3328 20190319.
                        Added a new DTB for the model MVR9 with remote controller 24K.
                        Pay attention while BT only works on version arm, aarch64 version it doesn't work.

Comment

Hi, i have some questions.

I have mx10 box if want make complete android rom backup what way recomend: use LE control panel option or TWPR utility?
                          now trying your actual arm version from sd card.
                          not working this funcion: wifi and remote control. Next problem - if i shutdown my box in LE os, im not doing well wakeup over remote control, only one way ist re-plugget power cable.
                          Balbes150: great job, thank you!
                          ..one small request for you: could you create little txt file with news/changes in actual version your img and put to folder?

Comment

Originally posted by boroSK View Post
                            Hi, i have some questions.

I have mx10 box if want make complete android rom backup what way recomend: use LE control panel option or TWPR utility?
                            now trying your actual arm version from sd card.
                            not working this funcion: wifi and remote control. Next problem - if i shutdown my box in LE os, im not doing well wakeup over remote control, only one way ist re-plugget power cable.
                            Balbes150: great job, thank you!
                            ..one small request for you: could you create little txt file with news/changes in actual version your img and put to folder?
                            To write information about the changes, i'm need time, it is not free time.

Comment

I'm trying to run the "Full backup eMMC" on a RK3328 MX10 box running Android 8.1. When it runs, the machine shuts down very quickly. The backup file created in /storage/ddbr/ is only 20 bytes! So, I ran the command "ddbr-backup.sh" via SSH and this is what I received in the terminal. I'm running the LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-devel-20190329134952-ba744c2-box-trn9.img version:-

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /flash vfat ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,ioch arset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro 0 0
                              dd: can't open '/dev/mmcblk1': No such file or directory
                              Done! Full backup completed.

When I run "blkid" on SSH, I get:-

/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
                              /dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="ec4be8db" PTTYPE="dos"
                              /dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="LIBREELEC" UUID="2903-1041" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="ec4be8db-01"
                              /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="STORAGE" UUID="10fdf249-fc4f-4206-a17a-e655ede8c0ce" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="ec4be8db-02"
                              /dev/sda1: LABEL="2TB_MOVIES" UUID="6C32F1F532F1C45C" TYPE="ntfs" PTTYPE="atari" PARTUUID="abcaa71b-01"

The device is running stock firmware that has not been updated. The 32 gb micro sd card was built using Rufus-3.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
                              Last edited by ukmark62; 04-02-2019, 23:55.

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Suggest you use official LibreELEC flash tools and try again.
                                You are also using a different device's image that uses DDR4 RAM instead of DDR3 which will overheat your device further.
                            Working...
                            X