Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96Max remotely blocked?

Hi,
    I'm new here. Electronics Tech by trade.
    I recently bought a colorful H96 Max 4/64gb box from Aliepxress.
    was missing the power supply so i opened a dispute. to make a long story short. they seller freaked out and threatened to remote block my box.
    mysteriously .....or not, the box was frozen in the morning. kodi screen was locked. remote did nothing. i didn't notice if the clock was stuck or not. I power cycled the box and it rebooted. i went to the settings screen to look at firmware level. it froze on the way there. power cycling again and the box would not boot at all. blue light but no clock and no signal at all.

fast forward to here and i attempted to connect it to my PC
    i installed the DriverAssistant_v4.5
    also installed FactroyTool-v1.45e and a couple versions of AndroidTool v2.3 (englosh) and AndroidTool v2.52 (chinese)
    when i push the button in the AV connector and plug the USB in i can hear the PC discover but USB claims Unknown Device.
    i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it. still nothing.
    android tool says no devices found.
    FactoryTool has no ports showing.

so my question:
    is it possible this vindictive seller Nuked my box?

if not, any ideas on what i can do? or is this merely HW failure.
    i can try to reflow some solder as a last resort. I HATE BGA chips....

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Joust View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new here. Electronics Tech by trade.
    I recently bought a colorful H96 Max 4/64gb box from Aliepxress.
    was missing the power supply so i opened a dispute. to make a long story short. they seller freaked out and threatened to remote block my box.
    mysteriously .....or not, the box was frozen in the morning. kodi screen was locked. remote did nothing. i didn't notice if the clock was stuck or not. I power cycled the box and it rebooted. i went to the settings screen to look at firmware level. it froze on the way there. power cycling again and the box would not boot at all. blue light but no clock and no signal at all.

fast forward to here and i attempted to connect it to my PC
    i installed the DriverAssistant_v4.5
    also installed FactroyTool-v1.45e and a couple versions of AndroidTool v2.3 (englosh) and AndroidTool v2.52 (chinese)
    when i push the button in the AV connector and plug the USB in i can hear the PC discover but USB claims Unknown Device.
    i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it. still nothing.
    android tool says no devices found.
    FactoryTool has no ports showing.

so my question:
    is it possible this vindictive seller Nuked my box?

if not, any ideas on what i can do? or is this merely HW failure.
    i can try to reflow some solder as a last resort. I HATE BGA chips....

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Hi ,

strange Story , do you really think he did that , and if , this means that they spy you ,

i would give the Company Name , his Name , to a Chinese Ambassador and go to the

Police , he will never sell anything else if this is true ,

maybe it is possible to flash your Box with the right Rom in MaskromMode , but for this

you must "shortPins" on PCB ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

This has a nand with ball grid array so hard to short pins. I did see an picture that shows a couple pads on thw other side of the board. But should the box be detected by thw driver regardless of this? Becaus i have been unable to get my pc to identify it as a rockchip. The driver says it installed though. And when i plug the usb in i get the sound.

On thw other point. I dont think it possible that he blocked the box but was hoping some expert could chime in and confirm one way or the other

Comment

This has a nand with ball grid array so hard to short pins. I did see an picture that shows a couple pads on thw other side of the board. But should the box be detected by thw driver regardless of this? Becaus i have been unable to get my pc to identify it as a rockchip. The driver says it installed though. And when i plug the usb in i get the sound.

On thw other point. I dont think it possible that he blocked the box but was hoping some expert could chime in and confirm one way or the other
        Hi ,

what Version of Win do u use ??? did u use the latest Drivers ???

did you connect it the right Way , with Power , or without ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

what Version of Win do u use ??? did u use the latest Drivers ???

did you connect it the right Way , with Power , or without ???

greetings / gefattern
          Windows 7. Driver ver 4.5 as noted in a thread in this forum
          withiut power. Followed all the videos i saw. I can try it with power.
          I have an older laptop i can try it on and a windows 10 as well

Comment

Windows 7. Driver ver 4.5 as noted in a thread in this forum
            withiut power. Followed all the videos i saw. I can try it with power.
            I have an older laptop i can try it on and a windows 10 as well
            Hi ,

i think there already exist 4.6 Drivers , but more important , use the Powersupply ,

first start Flashtool , load Rom , of course Drivers must be installed , press the

"Recovery" Button on your Box & hold it , connect the Flashcable to PC , always

use USB Ports from PCB , no Hub , connect Powersupply , now you must hear &

see in Flashtool "Device in LoaderMode" , now leave the "Recovery" Button and

restore your Box , good luck / gefattern

Comment

• gefattern
              gefattern commented
              Editing a comment
              later i upload latest Drivers & Flashtools for you

also do you think i will need to jumper these points on teh board?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_33169.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	746880

Comment

also do you think i will need to jumper these points on teh board?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_33169.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	746880
              Hi ,

try it first the "normal" Way , with "LoaderMode" , if this not works u must do it with "shortPins" ,

report , good luck / gefattern

Comment

well....Power supply made no difference.

Comment

i tried this on a second computer.
                  I don't think the driver is installing correctly.
                  at the end it says it may not have installed properly and no matter what i do when i plug in the box it is an unrecognized device.
                  both PCs running windows 7

Comment

should my PC be recognizing this box as a rockchip? its always unknown. driver says it installed ok. but when i update the driver and then go to the folder with the x64/win7/rockusb.inf it says the folder specified doesn't contain a compatible device driver. i also tried the vista and win8 drivers and also the x86...nothing.
                    Do i have to short the pins for this to be recognized as well?

Comment

should my PC be recognizing this box as a rockchip? its always unknown. driver says it installed ok. but when i update the driver and then go to the folder with the x64/win7/rockusb.inf it says the folder specified doesn't contain a compatible device driver. i also tried the vista and win8 drivers and also the x86...nothing.
                      Hi ,

i shall upload for you latest Drivers & AndroidTool , then try again ,

is your Pc full with Programms , deactivate Antivirus and try it again ,

offline , run Tools always as Admin ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

please download "USB Drivers for Android" from Playstore and install them on your PC ,

then try again and report , greetings / gefattern

Comment

i'm sorry but searching for USB Drivers for Android on playstore generates a lot of hits.
                          which one is it? by Whom? will be listed below.
                          can you clarify which one??

Comment

i'm sorry but searching for USB Drivers for Android on playstore generates a lot of hits.
                            which one is it? by Whom? will be listed below.
                            can you clarify which one??
                            Hi ,

first here some more Tools & Drivers :

https://www.file-upload.net/download...l_1.6.zip.html

of course your Box must shown as Rockchip , otherwise

it is not correct ,

u can choose the one u want , but while searching i found

some from "MobileManager" , always start and use the Tools

and Drivers as Admin , are you 100% sure the "shortPin" Points

are right , did another User already fixed it this Way ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                            X