Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 MAX+ Android 9.0 4/64GB RK3328 LED Display Netflix HD Dual WiFi Bluetooth USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X88 MAX+ Android 9.0 4/64GB RK3328 LED Display Netflix HD Dual WiFi Bluetooth USB3.0

X88 MAX+ Android 9.0 4GB/64GB RK3328 4K TV Box with LED Display Netflix HD KODI 18.0 Dual Band WiFi Bluetooth USB3.0 VP9 H.265
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	1 Size:	309.5 KB ID:	751710
    As Found:

Rockchip RK3328

X88 MAX+ is one of the first models that come equipped with Rockchip RK3328. With the latest Rockchip SoC, R-TV BOX RK10 will be able to play 4K videos with H.265, H.264 and VP9 codecs.

Android 9.0
    X88 MAX+ is one of the first TV Boxes to run on Android 9.0 (an update to Oreo). This software update allows for a great user experience with steady performance.

DDR3 4GB RAM + eMMC 64GB
    4GB RAM makes bigger games run smoothly and the utilization of 64GB eMMC offers an array of benefits in terms of performance security and reliability, resulting in a richer end-user experience.

2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi
    With support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, it can transmit higher amounts of data.

True 4K Media Player
    While your average media box might only accept 1080P video playback, this gadget plays 4K video from almost any source you can think of. Furthermore, it uses VP9 hardware decoding alongside the H.265 to bring fantasy into reality.

Access to KODI 18.0 and More
    Like any Android-based media players, it brings, aside from the preinstalled KODI 18.0, full access to Google Play Store apps like Netflix, Vudu, Skype, Picasa, Flicker, Youtube, Facebook etc.

Geekbuying

$49.99 after coupon: NBWSSDKU
    Last edited by trebor; 11-16-2018, 02:32.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Does it have verified working Amazon Prime Video app ? Thanks, Dylan
    Q box GPU: Mali-450 SuperCeleron 1.0, Android 5.1
    CPU Amlogic S905 Octa Core, 2.0GHz, RAM 2G / ROM 16G
    MX-10 box, rk3328 chipset, amazon TV app DOES NOT WORK, 4gb/16gb

Comment

Originally posted by DylanF View Post
      Does it have verified working Amazon Prime Video app ? Thanks, Dylan
      No, since it doesn't support Playready 3.
      It also can't run the phone Amazon Prime video app since it's missing RK's patch from 2 months ago where it was added.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, since it doesn't support Playready 3.
        It also can't run the phone Amazon Prime video app since it's missing RK's patch from 2 months ago where it was added.
        Thank you for the response, I know devs are busy. Can you please tell me how I can identify boxes that have that 'playready 3' Thanks, Dylan
        Q box GPU: Mali-450 SuperCeleron 1.0, Android 5.1
        CPU Amlogic S905 Octa Core, 2.0GHz, RAM 2G / ROM 16G
        MX-10 box, rk3328 chipset, amazon TV app DOES NOT WORK, 4gb/16gb

Comment

Originally posted by DylanF View Post

Thank you for the response, I know devs are busy. Can you please tell me how I can identify boxes that have that 'playready 3' Thanks, Dylan
          You can check with DRM Info app if it supports Play ready. But RK3328 Oreo also shows Playready but it is Playready 2, Amazon Prime needs Playready 3. S905x devices that shows Playready usually has v3 that supports Playready 3. You can also use the Kodi addon that support HD even if the device has no Playready DRM.

Comment

Is it supports netflix hd or uhd with drm1? Did anyone check it out?

Comment

Originally posted by hodoras View Post
              Is it supports netflix hd or uhd with drm1? Did anyone check it out?
              The mvr9 with L1 drm with AndroidTV runs Netflix HD which I have. I'm not sure if you can still buy them as the non AndroidTV ones are sold on Amazon mostly.

Comment

Thank you for your very quick response. I got h96 max+ 4/64 and it has a lot of problems so I wanna buy new TV box.

Comment

X88 MAX+ ANDROID 9.0 RK3328 TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20181207

As found:

blog.geekbuying

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    X88 MAX+ ANDROID 9.0 RK3328 TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20181207

As found:

http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...181207.7z/file

blog.geekbuying
                    Can you please help me, i bricked my device trying to flash this firmware from geekbuying, it is X88 Max + 4/64 with android 8.1, and now there is no picture, or clock, or blue light on tv box. I am getting error in flash tools '' CHECK CHIP FAIL '' with red letters, and there is only red light inside box... How can i restore it in functional state?

With what tool do i flash device again? do i need to short some pins?
                    Please help with some informations... i just got this device today

Comment

Sorry to hear about the troubles above, but I have a somewhat related question. As I am just about to apply the updated ROM as above, I was thinking about the possibility of installing a stock android GSI, as I think these boxes might be able to handle since they should all be project treble capable (8.1 and above). Has anyone tried this on this box or on any other?

Cheers,

Dan

Comment

Please, comment after installation of stated 9.0 rom, what firmware flash tools do you use a and how did you upgrade rom? Im still reading and collecting info about debricking my x88... Where to short pins, and what software to use to restore working device... if you have some usefull data, please write here..

Comment

Originally posted by Jole View Post
                          Please, comment after installation of stated 9.0 rom, what firmware flash tools do you use a and how did you upgrade rom? Im still reading and collecting info about debricking my x88... Where to short pins, and what software to use to restore working device... if you have some usefull data, please write here..
                          The GSI ROM didn't work...so I tried the same one you did and lo and behold, the same thing happened!

I found somes posts explaining the maskrom method

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ck-your-device

http://ugoos.net/blog/reflashing-in-...device-bricked

Won't be able to try for a while but let me know if you do. I'm sure we can get ourselves out of this!

Dan

Another:

Comment

Hm, i will try to repair device over weekend, i gathered some info, and your help is precious. But great question is, what Rom do i try to flash to bring device back to working state when i get in maskrom mode? Only flashing rom that i have is geekbuyings 9.0 img. Do you have any suggestion Dan?

I hope we can with combined efforts bring this X88 to life.
                            Jole

Comment

Hi Jole, I think we may be stuck with the geekbuying ROM for now, as it seems as though it's a bit more specific to the device. There is a slim chance I can try the maskrom method today, if I do I will let you know for sure.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X