Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 MAX+ Android 9.0 4/64GB RK3328 LED Display Netflix HD Dual WiFi Bluetooth USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankz guys.
    i can also confirm it. the update function in factory tool 1.63 has installed the firmware properly. all other attempts with factory tool 1.6 or batch tool etc. to install android 9.0 failed before. the x88 max+ works fine.

where to download factory tool 1.63 (works with 9.0 Rom)and usb drivers:

We have good news, there is a new Android 9.0 firmware (.img file, interface indicates that the device model is A5X MAX.p.01.d4, otherwise it can not be

best greetz
    phunkx
    Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for X88 MAX+ TV Box PC Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun! Dec 17, 2018sharon

Comment

Now that we have the flash tool figured out, who's up for trying to root this box!?! As per the tools from freaktab rooting post, i tried towel root and it doesn't work, nor does the ezroot tool (the update.zip method). I've also tried using the android factory tool 5.0 to load all the ROMs available for the x88+ to see whats possible, but nothing works so far. Any other ideas to try? Not sure if the 3388 is even rootable this far...

Comment

Originally posted by phunx View Post
        thankz guys.
        i can also confirm it. the update function in factory tool 1.63 has installed the firmware properly. all other attempts with factory tool 1.6 or batch tool etc. to install android 9.0 failed before. the x88 max+ works fine.
        Awesome work! I happy to see your post after everyone else having issues.

Can you confirm a few things for me...
        • Do the Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc apps work (and work at 4k?).
        • What additional apps are installed by default? (sounds like there is at least Kodi 18)
        • If you have used Kodi before, what is the speed of the menu navigation like (I'm looking to upgrade from an original S905 device which had 1GB of RAM).

Also, does anyone know if there is any work to get Linux (or at least LibElec) working on this? (eg https://libreelec.tv/2018/12/libreel...-v8-95-1-beta/)

Comment

Originally posted by BenAlexander View Post

Awesome work! I happy to see your post after everyone else having issues.

Can you confirm a few things for me...
          • Do the Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc apps work (and work at 4k?).
          • What additional apps are installed by default? (sounds like there is at least Kodi 18)
          • If you have used Kodi before, what is the speed of the menu navigation like (I'm looking to upgrade from an original S905 device which had 1GB of RAM).

Also, does anyone know if there is any work to get Linux (or at least LibElec) working on this? (eg https://libreelec.tv/2018/12/libreel...-v8-95-1-beta/)
          No 4K, only 480p
          (Perhaps Netflix can still work in 1080p for a while if your L1 DRM is not blacklisted, only tried on L3 DRM device)
          Mobdro piracy app is preinstalled.
          No support for LibreELEC.
          Kodi is a disaster, no frame-rate support only 60hz and no 10-bit, not preinstalled from what I remember.
          No root
          This is very pre-alpha Pie firmware before Rockchip even finished it, final only released to manufacturers in Jan 2019.

Comment

Hi all,

Happy and healthy new year - all the best to you and yours!

As a newbie I'd like to know how did you get Amazon Prime Video (Instant Video) working?

With a) the App or b) based on Kodi using specific Addons (1. Amazon Prime Instant Video and 2. Amazon Video Wrapper, as described here: https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/...d24eb9ff4bf067, sorry only German).

Are there other/better ways to get it up and running on Android 9.0 and Kodi 18?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,
            Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoePS View Post
              Hi all,

Happy and healthy new year - all the best to you and yours!

As a newbie I'd like to know how did you get Amazon Prime Video (Instant Video) working?

With a) the App or b) based on Kodi using specific Addons (1. Amazon Prime Instant Video and 2. Amazon Video Wrapper, as described here: https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/...d24eb9ff4bf067, sorry only German).

Are there other/better ways to get it up and running on Android 9.0 and Kodi 18?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,
              Joe
              You just install the addon from the repo and activate the Kodi Inputstream addon and change the APV addon's player to Inputstream.

Comment

Sorry if this is wrong place to post this I'm a forum newbie. I couldn't even find out what this forum is for but you talk about Android TV boxes so I guess that's what it's for? Anyway, I have a quick question. I recently purchased an X88 MAX Plus it has a bug in it that you cannot use a VPN via the Ethernet cable (it fails to connect to the VPN as it can't detect a network and the Internet doesn't work until the box is rebooted). Can you use a VPN when connected via Ethernet with this box or does it have the same bug? If you don't know you can download the ExpressVPN app and try it, it has a week's free trial. Many thanks for your help.

Comment

I was wondering if the Amazon prime works on the device know I was thinking of buying this unit in March

Comment

I was wondering I have a goo bang doo box android 6.0 no problems runs everything including Amazon prime I want to get a newer box with either android 8.1 or 9.0 this this box did the fix the Amazon prime issue

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think Amazon Prime Video and Youtube is still broken on this device's firmware.

Amazon Prime Video (Instant Video) still works utilizing the Kodi 18 Addon Amazon VOD (Sandmann79). But the X88 Max+ provides just Widevine Level 3. Thus, you can stream VOD videos/movies only in SD resolution. As far as I know, it is not possible to upgrade the box to Widevine Level 1, which would be required to stream 4K or Full HD. In parallel, I do have a new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, which is much better, faster and more stable in every aspect compared to the X88 Max+ (HDMI CEC, WiFi speed/stability, Kodi 18 navigation, Live TV, HD Audio). As soon as the Fire TV stick will be offered (again) with a discount, I am going to purchase a second one and sell the X88 Max+.

Comment

Originally posted by Jole View Post
                      I loaded succesfull 9.0 geekbuying rom without problems, with Factory Tool 1.63 version - hold reset - connect usb port - in factory tool load firmware - select option restore - click run - wait few minutes - succesfully installed 9.0.

9.0 Firmware is very good, better than 8.1 for sure: everything works great, all apps work good, kodi is present witk kk shortcut (kodi videos are smooth like butter), clock works normally, temperatures are fine, speed is good (suggest in developer options to turn animations off except animator on 0.5 for extra speed), 4k works more smoothly than previous, factory youtube is 1.3.11 (1080p), netflix works great in hd (720p), launcher is much better, all UI is much nicer.

Doesn't have navigation bar or status bar - in all versions that i tried 7.1.2, 8.1, 9.0 - no navigation or status bar - no root.

I highly recommend to switch X88 Max+ to 9.0 which is much better in all areas than buggy 8.1 firmware.

Thanks all good people for help to make this X88 box great again!
                      Sorry can you confirm that Netflix works at 720p?
                      Can you tell me if Amazon Prime Video works?
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Pitt View Post
                        Sorry if this is wrong place to post this I'm a forum newbie. I couldn't even find out what this forum is for but you talk about Android TV boxes so I guess that's what it's for? Anyway, I have a quick question. I recently purchased an X88 MAX Plus it has a bug in it that you cannot use a VPN via the Ethernet cable (it fails to connect to the VPN as it can't detect a network and the Internet doesn't work until the box is rebooted). Can you use a VPN when connected via Ethernet with this box or does it have the same bug? If you don't know you can download the ExpressVPN app and try it, it has a week's free trial. Many thanks for your help.
                        I have be the same problem on my x88 Max plus. I use NordVPN, fully paid up version. No way I can get Ethernet to work with VPN, WiFi works but is temperamental, disconnects from time to time. I also get a stutter occasionally when streaming, which is very strange on 50mbps WiFi.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

I can't setup HBO Go on my X88 Max+. App is self closing when i select the vendor. Any chance to get a fix?

Comment

Is there any later real Android TV OS for this box than 7.1.2 (posted in this chain)? I use currently Android 9.0 image but in practice it's need a mouse & keyboard and it's annoying.

Im happy even for 7.1.2 version except i cannot get chrome cast working with it.

Comment

Hey Guys, Picked up this box as it was onsale on Amazon. Only came with the 8.1 Android OS. Everything is working ok except for Passthrough Audio.
                              Anyone had any success with this? Have this unit attached to a Home theatre amp and only getting 2 channels sent over from Kodi.

Passthrough is missing in kodi 18 as well and hoping that v9 will help with this.
                              Looking to try and update to 9.0 using the img

T9_rk3328_d4_9.0_IT6334_x88max+_20181207_r1

Anyone had any success with this image yet?
                              Any advice on getting passthrough audio working on these units? If not, can you recommend an android tv box that has the passthrough available ?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Android 8 on that device doesn't have passthrough, will never work.
                                You have to try Android 9.
                            Working...
                            X