HELP WITH TV BOX RK3328!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP WITH TV BOX RK3328!

I have this new model mx9 pro 4gb + 32gb rk3328 with it 6334 wifichip.

I tried to root the box and made a mistake somehow so i had to reflash it using a firmware with preroot.

now i noticed i dont have the correct firmware as the wifichip (IT6334) is totally unknown and all public firmwares only support either AP6255 or RTL wifichip.

However im not dumb, i made a backup of the partitions before i did anything.

The default system was not rooted and it was android 8.1.0 running, i now have the problem of reflashing the box using the parameter file in androidtool.

All i have is the firmware dump (8.1.0) and a update.zip that i got from gearbest support.

I dont know how to continue from this point.

i hope someone has better understanding of this.

Originally posted by Silver View Post
    I have this new model mx9 pro 4gb + 32gb rk3328 with it 6334 wifichip.

I tried to root the box and made a mistake somehow so i had to reflash it using a firmware with preroot.

now i noticed i dont have the correct firmware as the wifichip (IT6334) is totally unknown and all public firmwares only support either AP6255 or RTL wifichip.

However im not dumb, i made a backup of the partitions before i did anything.

The default system was not rooted and it was android 8.1.0 running, i now have the problem of reflashing the box using the parameter file in androidtool.

All i have is the firmware dump (8.1.0) and a update.zip that i got from gearbest support.

I dont know how to continue from this point.

i hope someone has better understanding of this.
    1. easy way=Put update.zip on SdCard/USB/internalSd Boot in Android open "OTA update" Update from Local "Select update.zip and Flash

2.open Update.zip extract parameter and write them in Android Tool

Comment

Originally posted by dnlln15 View Post

1. easy way=Put update.zip on SdCard/USB/internalSd Boot in Android open "OTA update" Update from Local "Select update.zip and Flash

2.open Update.zip extract parameter and write them in Android Tool
      Aint working, the wrong rom i flashed before is android 7.1 the update.zip is 8.1.0

the partitions aint all .img in the update.zip they are .br ect.

Comment

Aint working, the wrong rom i flashed before is android 7.1 the update.zip is 8.1.0

the partitions aint all .img in the update.zip they are .br ect.
        but normally in update.zip is Parameter file you can open with Notepad++
        is there a small size parameter file?

Comment

I found 2 Boxex here https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/?s=mx9+pro+rk3328
          what is your box?

Comment

I found 2 Boxex here https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/?s=mx9+pro+rk3328
            what is your box?
            MX9 Pro with 4gb ram 32gb rom IT6334

there is no firmware public for IT LINK 6334 wifichip

Comment

I dowloaded one of the uptae.zip an see your Problem
              have u tried to update from org. Recovery?

Comment

Or trie to convert

Hi guys. Everyone knows Google changed system extentions with 8.1.0. Now I will show how to convert new.dat.br to new.dat Download brotli.exe for windows. https://bayden.com/dl/Brotli.exe Create new folder on desktop. Extract your rom's...

or

In this tutorial, we'll see how we can convert and extract System.img and System.new.dat files on a Windows PC. The system.img is a part of the Android OS. The image file contains all the default applications, framework, Dalvik VM (Virtual Machine), initialization scripts and other necessary support files which an…

Comment

Or trie to convert

Hi guys. Everyone knows Google changed system extentions with 8.1.0. Now I will show how to convert new.dat.br to new.dat Download brotli.exe for windows. https://bayden.com/dl/Brotli.exe Create new folder on desktop. Extract your rom's...

or

https://www.droidviews.com/convert-a...es-on-windows/
                  Hi the problem is i cannot apply a 8.1 update.zip to a 7.1.2 system it gives me error aborted

Comment

Hi the problem is i cannot apply a 8.1 update.zip to a 7.1.2 system it gives me error aborted
                    I Know but i dont get it
                    Because there are 2 Firmware Images(Nougat) Online for youre Device and one Update zip (Oreo) provided from Manufactor so normally you are able to update from 7.1.2 to 8 with this zip (from Recovery or OTA app)
                    but you Told me that is not working so I tried to help by providing a way to extract System.img from .br and there was boot.img and also some another usable .img files
                    U can trie to Flash this files and see what happens ( how worse can it be)

Comment

I Know but i dont get it
                      Because there are 2 Firmware Images(Nougat) Online for youre Device and one Update zip (Oreo) provided from Manufactor so normally you are able to update from 7.1.2 to 8 with this zip (from Recovery or OTA app)
                      but you Told me that is not working so I tried to help by providing a way to extract System.img from .br and there was boot.img and also some another usable .img files
                      U can trie to Flash this files and see what happens ( how worse can it be)
                      i dont think it will work, i tried to flash the system.img from my backup and the box stopped booting

Comment

I got the Box working again using my method.

Comment

dear Silver,

Maybe I missed some post of yours: what is your method in such a case?

Comment

I got the Box working again using my method.
                            Can you please explain how did you succeed in flashing OTA firmware into your device, please. I also suffer from the same problem because I have ota-update.zip

Comment

Working...
                            X