X88 Max Plus 3328 4/64 - Bricked - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X88 Max Plus 3328 4/64 - Bricked - Help

Can anyone please help me, i bricked my device trying to flash latest 9.0 firmware from geekbuying, it is X88 Max Plus Model 4/64 gb, with android 8.1, and display clock.
    Now, after flash(it said downloading to 99% then error rom) there is no picture, or clock, or blue light on tv box. I am getting error in flash tools '' CHECK CHIP FAIL '' with red letters, and there is only red light inside box... How can i restore it in functional state?

With what tool do i flash device again? do i need to short some pins?
    Please help with some informations... i just got this device today

Originally posted by Jole View Post
    Can anyone please help me, i bricked my device trying to flash latest 9.0 firmware from geekbuying, it is X88 Max Plus Model 4/64 gb, with android 8.1, and display clock.
    Now, after flash(it said downloading to 99% then error rom) there is no picture, or clock, or blue light on tv box. I am getting error in flash tools '' CHECK CHIP FAIL '' with red letters, and there is only red light inside box... How can i restore it in functional state?

With what tool do i flash device again? do i need to short some pins?
    Please help with some informations... i just got this device today
    You need to short pins and enter MaskROM Mode.
    Use FactoryTool v1.63 to flash.

Comment

Thank you for fast response, do I flash same 9.0 rom in maskrom mode? Will I find in youtube which pins to short on rk3328 chipset? I see that A5X Max Plus tv box is very similar like this X88, can i try 8.1 firmware from that model if this 9.0 is not good. I can not find more info on X88 procedure and firmwares.
      Last edited by Jole; 12-18-2018, 09:31.

Comment

Ya realic? el procedimiento con la herramienta Factorytool v1.63 y v1.8 ninguna de las anteriores funcion?. me marca un error "IDB FAIL"
        Alguna otra propuesta o metodo?

Comment

Originally posted by CHETO View Post
          Ya realic? el procedimiento con la herramienta Factorytool v1.63 y v1.8 ninguna de las anteriores funcion?. me marca un error "IDB FAIL"
          Alguna otra propuesta o metodo?
          Hi ,

English please , for all here to understand , thanks ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Jole View Post
            Thank you for fast response, do I flash same 9.0 rom in maskrom mode? Will I find in youtube which pins to short on rk3328 chipset? I see that A5X Max Plus tv box is very similar like this X88, can i try 8.1 firmware from that model if this 9.0 is not good. I can not find more info on X88 procedure and firmwares.
            Hi ,

your Problems solved ??? ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi everyone, I was able to unbrick the X88 Max Plus and flash the firmware Android 9.0 downloaded from geekbuying website. When the X88 start in my TV for first time, the loading process is freezed...anyone knows a rom 8.1 or 9.0 that functios well...? Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by aaaraque View Post
                Hi everyone, I was able to unbrick the X88 Max Plus and flash the firmware Android 9.0 downloaded from geekbuying website. When the X88 start in my TV for first time, the loading process is freezed...anyone knows a rom 8.1 or 9.0 that functios well...? Thanks...
                I have a YSE 4K 64GB+4GB DD3 which came with 7.1.2 on, the firmware especially the playstore was crap..Typical Chink blanket ban. I am now running the X88 MAX+ 8.1 Firmware and its running ok.
                Apart from the original remote stopped working, I am now using an air mouse the remote control will turn the box off, but won't turn it on..If you can put up with that...All is ok.

Jayne
                Last edited by ohdear; 02-28-2019, 11:58.

Comment

You guys can flash OpenGApps via twrp to fix some problems, fixed my mx9 pro box doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                    You guys can flash OpenGApps via twrp to fix some problems, fixed my mx9 pro box doing that.
                    Where do I get the firmware for my 64gb android ? I will give a try.

Jayne

Comment

Working...
                    X