Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A5X Max Android TV Box Android 9.0 RK3328 4GB LPDDR3 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz WiFi BT4.0 Support 4K H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5X Max Android TV Box Android 9.0 RK3328 4GB LPDDR3 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz WiFi BT4.0 Support 4K H.265

Hi guys, I found on http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...id_9.0.7z/file, the Android 9.0 version for the A5X MAX, but I can not find the Factory Tool_v1.63 that looks like the version that allow it to be loaded.
    Does any of you have any?
    Last edited by trebor; 01-19-2019, 06:03.

Originally posted by Gac400 View Post
    Hi guys, I found on http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...id_9.0.7z/file, the Android 9.0 version for the A5X MAX, but I can not find the Factory Tool_v1.63 that looks like the version that allow it to be loaded.
    Hi there,Here is the Factory Tool_v1.63

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Blinky
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

i also uploaded Android Tool Release v2.59

http://www.mediafire.com/file/554py5...ease_v2.59.rar

Comment

Originally posted by Gac400 View Post
        It's all posted on Geekbuying's blog.

Comment

thanks for the support

Comment

Yea that should get it working. but since i require root on mine im trying to get a 7.1.2 image pre rooted and upgrade to 9 while keeping root/magisk over superSU

Comment

hello Gac400,

I have the A5X Max of the first ones that were sold with firmware 7.1.2, I understand why you say I can update it?

Comment

Originally posted by llopbal View Post
                hello Gac400,

I have the A5X Max of the first ones that were sold with firmware 7.1.2, I understand why you say I can update it?

When I purchased mine, I had version 8.1 installed and it did not have root as now that I upgraded to 9.0.

Comment

I just installed the MXR PRO + 7.1.2 firmware with Root on my A5X MAX 7.1.
                  It works quite well, the only problem is that WIFI fails, but instead works well with the LAN.
                  I installed the TWRP version for rk3328 which is 3.1.1-0 and it also works.
                  I'm looking for a backup to flash (ZIP) firmware A5X MAX vers. 8.1 or 9.
                  Someone could provide it.

A greeting.

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There are no zip RK3328 firmware and TWRP can't flash firmware on Rockchip devices.

and this version of TWRP?

Comment

I used a mx9 pro firmware to flash to my a5x max, so i could get 7.1.2 pre rooted. if you can figure out how to root that 9.0 firmware. ill jump all over it!

Comment

Good a place as ANY to Post I guess,
                      Today thanks to GEARBEST we get to have a look at the Android 9 version of the A5X MAX:

They are saying
                      It is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games, for it is equipped with RK3328 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. With 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and 32GB eMMC ROM, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them. 4K Ultra HD resolution enables you to feel the most high-definition video! YouTube, Netflix, HBO, Twitter, etc. These network functions are no problems if you have this product.

Main Features
                      ● The latest OS Android 9.0. which is stable to use. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home with the box.
                      ● 4K VP9 can help you save 50 percent bandwidth resource, and deliver razor-sharp detail and vibrant images
                      ● A high performance of Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games
                      ● 2.4G WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 offer a more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience
                      ● Support 5.1 surround sound output, capture your ears with actual listening feelings
                      ● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV

Let's have a look at what we have:

The Box:

The Warning sign

What's in the box:

Ports Rear:

Ports Side:

Case:

Topside:

Under side:

Gearbest
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

More on the

Looking much the same as other A5X's

As per usual, start up is ok, setup wizard to help you thru,
                        All looks pretty normal so far this Android 9 until you go looking at settings
                        Menus within menus, certainly lot's of settings to see thats for sure. but do they all do anything.

WiFi, slowish but works,
                        Connected to Google account and setup all good.

Update and Installed testers Ok but slowish, I feel the Ram Speed also slowish, later we will find out.

Typical UI that has been seen around.

No Root Access and No Upper or Lower Bars.
                        UI and Mousing around using Logitech keyboard is OK, still have the small click area on ok buttons like A8, same with mouse scroll function.
                        Remote works as they all do in there own unique way

Let's have a look see.

Wizzard, UI and Installed apps: .gif

Settings: .gif (long)

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Continuing on with the A5X Max Android TV Box Android 9.0 RK3328 4GB LPDDR3 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz WiFi BT4.0 Support 4K H.265

Over all so far, Android 9 looks to have improved of the overall way the Box is running
                          Its fairly smooth mousing around or using remote, its fluid in its operation.

It is running 64 bit and full 1080, i not the clock speed max is 1296 and does appear to run a little warm
                          Most Testing apps Ok, Antutu not running 3D test's and memory speed is shown as slow..
                          But in saying all that, how compatible are these Apps running in a 64 bit environment.

Take all Benchmarks with a grain of salt for now until it can be looked into more.

Ethernet speeds looking ok,
                          WiFi I thinks the built in Antenna on PCB is not helping the cause tried various channel from 1 thru 13 Netgear and Asus routers.

Weather Widget at present not working, on Desktop UI.
                          As mentioned using Keyboard or mouse we have the same Issues with Android 8 with accuracy and the way things get clicked.
                          I Also see in WiFi settings we still have HOTPOT

Not to bad for a first attempt at Android 9

Ok more Benchmarks:

DRM : L3

Ethernet and WiFI:

Ram and Storage Truth:

Sd Card Test:

CPU Test:

AIDA64

Antutu:

CPU Z:

Geekbench CPU

Geekbench Compute:

Youtube: 1080

Netflix: 480p looks ok for what it is:

GEARBEST
                          Last edited by trebor; 01-20-2019, 05:40.
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have tried updating to mxq_rk3328_d4_9.0_rtl8723_a5xmax_20181128_r1.img but it always fails.
                            I tried using FactoryTool_v1.63 and AndroidTool_Release_v2.59

Currently my A5X max is on firmware mxq_rk3328_d4_8.1_rtl8723_a5xmax_20181018_r1.img
                            i was able to reflash that just fine, but i cannot flash the 9.0 succesfully.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                            X