- Updated apps

Note:
    Change Audio output to 'HDMI Bitstream' to have sound

Download link v1.2: Here
    Password:
    mvr9
    Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)or
    Use Restore in FactoryTool
    https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.63.zip

Changelog v1.1

Fix 23.976fps playback in Kodi 18
    Added Navigation and statusbar
    Added Leankey Keyboard

Changelog v1.0

Fix apps running sideways, rotation always landscape
    Add recent apps menu
    New Recent apps grid menu
    - Can navigate up, down, left, right much easier with a remote and see the whole window
    - Long press OK to close a window
    - Long press back to close all recent apps
    Ad-blocker(hosts file)
    Fixed Youtube videos would get stuck and not play
    Fix Amazon Prime Video playback
    Add Gapps
    Auto frame-rate support in Kodi 18
    Add fractional frame-rate support in Display Settings
    Fix passthrough issues (Please test as all RK3328 Oreo firmwares doesn't support passthrough properly and there might still be bugs)
    Fix Home button on airmouses and ir remote
    Fix screensaver not working
    Added several extra screensavers
    Dual launcher - Choose HPH launcher or RKTVLauncher
    Write support for external storage
    Add NTFS read/write support
    Speed up emmc
    Improve UI speed
    Spoof ethernet as wifi connection - Fixes games like Asphalt and others to work over ethernet instead of just wifi.
    Fix Settings app not appeared in other launchers except RKTVLauncher
    Fix MediaCenter app icon not appeared in other launchers except RKTVLauncher
    New video codecs
    Fix so other launcher apps can work(most launchers can't click on the App drawer or inside it, not sure how to fix it)
    Add Youtube Vanced, SmartYoutube - works well (In their settings change the resolution you want)
    Add Magisk support for root(In Magisk Manager, install the zip then restart and open Magisk again, it will install extra libraries again and finish)
    HDMI CEC is working well
    Added LG tv symlink HDMI CEC support
    Added lots of dvb/dvb-t2 drivers (Please check if you can get working Live TV with TVHeadend or other PVR addons in Kodi 18 with your dvb dongle)

Can download the latest Kodi 18 64-bit here:
    https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/an...64-v8a/master/

Download link v1.1: Here
    Password:
    mvr9
    Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)or
    Use Restore in FactoryTool
    https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.63.zip

For Netflix, Amazon Prime Video in HD you can use LibreELEC
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...reelec-release

There might still be some bugs, so please report so I can try to fix it.
    Stock Oreo is in a much worse state than Nougat was and most RK3328 manufacturers just abandoned their devices without fixing anything, leaving users in the dust.

Features
    - Only RK3328 Oreo firmware with working auto frame-rate switching and fractional 23.976, 29.98 & 59.97fps playback in Kodi
    - Only RK3328 Oreo firmware with working passthrough
    - Only RK3328 Oreo firmware with working screensaver
    Last edited by mo123; 04-11-2019, 07:27.

Lets see what we have here
    Followed Instructions...using Flash tool and drivers
    We get Boot Picture of MV9 remote and a keyboard
    We get an Android Logo with Colour niced touch

We get a black screen that seems forever...
    then all to be seen

Two launchers to choose from

I attempted to restart thru About and restart unit just hung and black screen.
    Power off/on and reboot, we can select the Standard Launcher

Playstore first run connect all good....Download Es File Pro, but did not show.
    Running Play store again would also jump back to Playstore draw and would not run, APKPure was ok.

Cannot set weather to location so far, Error message cannot connect

Version

May just Flash again and see what happens second time thru

Well the good news is reflash same method Playstore is now working I may have bee a bit to quick, and upset the startup
    Weather still the same so far ...

Ok on for a fiddle see what else we can find,
    Must say rom is ZIppy, and looking ok for the version in use
    Well done as per Usual Mo

Also Great looking Screen Savers and Radio Channels nice touch plus the rest I am yet to Find
    Last edited by trebor; 02-26-2019, 10:06.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

You need a new weather API that is compatible with Oreo, current code in the launcher only works with Nougat and not Omnijaws weather service Oreo version.
      It's a bit too complicated to fix myself.

There is a bug with the reboot, still need to test things.

HDR is working in MediaCenter app but not Kodi at this stage, seems to be a problem on all Oreo firmware's.

To install apps, you now need to give each app permission to install other apps in Oreo.
      So in eg. APKPure, you install an app, then give it permission to install other apps and then install the app again. Only need to do this the first time.

4K@50/60hz is now doable in Kodi, which was a problem on Nougat where it was downscaled to 1080p.

Youtube Vanced with the Dark mode works well and SmartYoutube works well with a remote if you don't have an airmouse.

Magisk can also be used to root and hide root.

Comment

Hi ,

nice work as always , the RK3328 Users must be happy ,

good luck further / gefattern

Comment

Hello Thanks mo123 for this new ROM

Install was fine and all is working good, except the first boot after PowerOn is resulting in a Black Screen.
          Second Start is always ok

Is there any App or Feature to use this Box as Target in Google Home?

I Already tried Cheapcast, but it doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by tester_0815 View Post
            Hello Thanks mo123 for this new ROM

Install was fine and all is working good, except the first boot after PowerOn is resulting in a Black Screen.
            Second Start is always ok

Is there any App or Feature to use this Box as Target in Google Home?

I Already tried Cheapcast, but it doesnt work.
            You can try this for remote control:

CetusPlay Remote app(server and client)
            CetusPlay - The Best Ever Remote Control App for your Smart TVs, compatible with Fire TV, Fire Stick, Android box, Android smart TV

Yatsi Kodi remote

Happycast
            乐播投屏,手机投屏电视,电脑投屏电视的投屏神器。乐播科技下的投屏软件,是下载最多的多屏互动软件。支持各种智能电视投屏,支持各种投影仪投屏,支持500多个音视频APP投屏。能把安卓手机、苹果手机windows电脑的任何东西无线投上电视。例如:手游镜像到电视玩,热门视频、百度网盘投屏、手机直播投屏电视,电脑投屏电视,手机音乐、文档、照片无线投屏电视。排名第一的电视投屏软件。乐播云官网,现已经免费开放乐播投屏SDK,让视频App快速接入投屏。支持DLNA,airplay,lelink投屏协议,支持一键接入。

Yeti

Broadlink RM Mini 3 (It might be the best solution with Google Home)

Comment

Happycast is absolutely unuseable, because there is no option to change the language to english (or german).

i search for a possibility to use the box like a chromecast stick.

Comment

Originally posted by tester_0815 View Post
                Happycast is absolutely unuseable, because there is no option to change the language to english (or german).

i search for a possibility to use the box like a chromecast stick.
                Hi

You can download Happycast_tv onto the tv box.

The last, top right settings icon is in English.
                Then you can use any casting app on your phone to connect with Happycast.
                Just search for the name Happycast* DLNA and connect to it.
                The Happycast mobile app seems to be only in Chinese, but you can use any other app like QuickCast, BubbleUPnP.

I found CetusPlay app is in English and seems to work well too.
                You can cast local and online videos, music and photos.
                It also has remote control, but that doesn't seem to work well on Oreo at the moment.
                I'll try to contact them to ask for help.

If you set up a UPnP server in Kodi on the AndroidTv box, you can also use BubbleUPnP, Yatse Kodi remote app and other apps to cast/send video to Kodi's UPnP which works better than DLNA.

I checked and LocalCast and BubbleUPnP can work inside the Google Home app.
                Then you can connect to the Happycast* DLNA server, app installed on the tv box and cast video.

What exact features are you using and want to work?
                Then I can ask Rockchip if they can implement such features into their firmware perhaps.

Comment

Changelog v1.1
                  Fix 23.976fps playback in Kodi 18
                  Added Navigation and statusbar
                  Added Leankey keyboard - Change to it in Input/Keyboard Settings

Download link updated

Comment

Just installed your Oreo ROM. I have some problems to get things done. After erasing old Fw I flashed Oreo 2 Times.
                    But I can?t get any Audio output ( Pioneer AVR via HDMI)
                    Google Playstore took my account data but its always terminating.
                    When I flashed the FW there was a jump from 50 to 85 percent.
                    When I flashed the device the first time I couldn?t change resolution. This is working now.
                    Restarting device is running into black screen

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                      Just installed your Oreo ROM. I have some problems to get things done. After erasing old Fw I flashed Oreo 2 Times.
                      But I can?t get any Audio output ( Pioneer AVR via HDMI)
                      Google Playstore took my account data but its always terminating.
                      When I flashed the FW there was a jump from 50 to 85 percent.
                      When I flashed the device the first time I couldn?t change resolution. This is working now.
                      Restarting device is running into black screen
                      Hi

The restart and bluetooth support I am still testing to fix.
                      No RK3328 Oreo firmware has HD Audio passthrough support, so I added very new patches to support it.
                      I will try another patch in the next firmware, you must also check HDMI Bitstream instead of default in the TVSettings app - Audio and use the latest Kodi 18, Kodi 17 won't have passthrough.

Make sure you use FactoryTool v1.63 to flash, use Restore at the top.
                      Google Play Store is working, sometimes if flashing different firmwares incorrectly it won't work, it's a problem on lots on Android devices.
                      In Kodi, you can also enable auto refresh-rate in Video settings to 'on video playback start' and in System - Settings - Display, add resolutions to the whitelist, then you can play 24,25,30,50,60,23.976,29.97,59.98hz smoothly. The delay in Kodi System - Display Settings you can set to 1-3 seconds and test what works best.

Comment

downloaded ROM 3 times now and installed with both programs .
                        have still Problems with it. When image download to MVR9 is active it jumps from 50 to 85 % and from 87 to 94 % but says success in the end.

After reboot device is starting but Google playstore is only runnig once.
                        Can login with google account but if I try to install something Google playstore is terminating the window and claims the need of a wifi Connection.
                        Several apps if paid for are flagged as incompatible like MrMC.

Audio is 2 channel Bitstream . Could activate passtrough only within changing audio settings when playing a video from HDD within sideloaded kodi nightly.
                        Changing Video resolution from Auto to 1080p always steps to 60 Hz even if 50 Hz is selected.
                        after installing again it was Resolution : Auto with 1280x720 although there is a full HD TV, Resoltion in settings does not switch.

I hope you can solve some issues with the next Version.

Last edited by bylderup; 03-12-2019, 12:26.

Comment

downloaded ROM 3 times now and installed with both programs .
                          have still Problems with it. When image download to MVR9 is active it jumps from 50 to 85 % and from 87 to 94 % but says success in the end.

After reboot device is starting but Google playstore is only runnig once.
                          Can login with google account but if I try to install something Google playstore is terminating the window and claims the need of a wifi Connection.
                          Several apps if paid for are flagged as incompatible like MrMC.

Audio is 2 channel Bitstream . Could activate passtrough only within changing audio settings when playing a video from HDD within sideloaded kodi nightly.
                          Changing Video resolution from Auto to 1080p always steps to 60 Hz even if 50 Hz is selected.

I hope you can solve some issues with the next Version.
                          On the first boot if you open Google Play Store, it will try to update all Google apps and files and then close by itself.
                          If you pull down the notification bar, you will be able to see the updates.
                          After a couple of minutes the updates should finish, and the Play Store should be able to open again.

The Google Play Store is thinking it is an Android tv device running normal Android instead of a phone or tablet that has better app compatibility.
                          So some apps might say incompatible, it can be fixed by changing permission files, but I will have to look at other firmwares and test a bit.
                          Didn't know about the ethernet and Google Play problem, will test it so wifi isn't needed

You can make a list of apps in the Play Store that says incompatible or can't be installed, then I can check.
                          MrMC is a paid app, so I don't think I can test that, it is also more for Amazon Prime devices compared to Rockchip or other tv boxes.
                          Kodi 18 works the best.

I will put a guide together for Kodi 18, the auto frame-rate switching can be setup to help with the resolution, frame-rate staying or changing a certain way.

Comment

can you please check if the ROM you provided for downloading at MEGA is ok ?

I flashed my MVR9 device several times in the past but had never such different issues after flashing the same ROM

Comment

can you please check if the ROM you provided for downloading at MEGA is ok ?

I flashed my MVR9 device several times in the past but had never such different issues after flashing the same ROM
                              After unzipping, it must be 1.2GB in file size.
                              Use 7zip to unzip instead of other apps.
                              The flashtool jumping some % is normal, I also saw it, it is maybe just some code bug in the tools or not updating the % fast enough on the screen.
                              After flashing, you can leave it plugged into the PC for 10 minutes so it boots for the first time before removing power.

Comment

Working...
                              X