MVR9 RK3328 Oreo ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I did so.

I think I found the issue with google playstore. Its running BEFORE it gets updated. After updating it is terminating.
    Removed the updates. Could start playstore again without termination. But if I try to download something, it will take forever..

And I can?t change resolution in settings anymore.. strange..

edit: to check my equipment and the way i am flashing the device i just have flashed your last nougat ROM 1.8b. No problems there.
    Last edited by bylderup; 03-12-2019, 15:52.

Comment

What is the advantage of using android oreo on rockchip instead of android nougat?

im currently using my mx9 pro tv box with nougat, i got my hands on one of these MVR9 tv boxes on ****, i cant wait to test your rom.

The main reason i switch the box is the better ram and better specs with this machine, the mx9 pro is the second best tv box i ever used (ca. 64.000 antutu score) also the firmware is mostly clean android 7.1 so you can install twrp and opengapps and root with xposed framework. Did this to customize it a bit.

I hope this box does perform as stable as the mx9 pro, i had many suffering from micro stuttering wich gave me eye cancer watching on 4k philips tv with Perfect Natural Motion Framerate interpolation enabled.

How are the temps?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
        What is the advantage of using android oreo on rockchip instead of android nougat?

im currently using my mx9 pro tv box with nougat, i got my hands on one of these MVR9 tv boxes on ****, i cant wait to test your rom.

The main reason i switch the box is the better ram and better specs with this machine, the mx9 pro is the second best tv box i ever used (ca. 64.000 antutu score) also the firmware is mostly clean android 7.1 so you can install twrp and opengapps and root with xposed framework. Did this to customize it a bit.

I hope this box does perform as stable as the mx9 pro, i had many suffering from micro stuttering wich gave me eye cancer watching on 4k philips tv with Perfect Natural Motion Framerate interpolation enabled.

How are the temps?
        Oreo brings better 4K video playback compared to Nougat.
        There is also fractional frame-rate 23.976, 29.97, 59.98hz support and Kodi 18 auto frame-rate support.

Oreo is still wip, so I'm still improving it, all stock Oreo firmwares were very badly done.
        In a couple of weeks, I want to try to switch over to Android Pie.

But for best video playback, you can use LibreELEC I build that supports HD Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Oreo brings better 4K video playback compared to Nougat.
          There is also fractional frame-rate 23.976, 29.97, 59.98hz support and Kodi 18 auto frame-rate support.

Oreo is still wip, so I'm still improving it, all stock Oreo firmwares were very badly done.
          In a couple of weeks, I want to try to switch over to Android Pie.

But for best video playback, you can use LibreELEC I build that supports HD Netflix.
          Hi, well thanks i will try your nougat rom for now, i had bad experience with android oreo.

I will post again if questions c:

would you be able to make a rom for the mx9 pro tv box? just asking

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            I only make ROM's for devices I have and for which the manufacturers send the source code and patches for.
            I can't waste any little spare time I have to guess how devices with no support works, it's too time consuming.
            I might make some Amlogic firmwares for devices in the future too, but it all depends on the feedback I will get to quickly fix bugs and the quality of the devices etc.

Originally posted by Silver View Post

Hi, well thanks i will try your nougat rom for now, i had bad experience with android oreo.

I will post again if questions c:

would you be able to make a rom for the mx9 pro tv box? just asking
          too bad i cannot provide sourcecode for the box, problem is its half cooked, well the kernel is clocked at 2.1GHZ in the firmware i use and it does make a big difference never had an issue with those clock speeds. The main reason i used that box is because it ran stable no matter if downloading updates or using peripherals connected to it, most other boxes i used would freeze up or lag hardcore when using bluetooth mice or downloading anything.

How does 4gb ddr3 ram compare to 2gb ddr4 ram toh?

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            4GB RAM doesn't really make a difference compared to 2GB unless you run Linux with lots of apps open.
            DDR4 doesn help with HDR and 4K playback especially LibreELEC, but with basic ussage not that much.

MVR9 v1.2 ROM released

- Added power off icon
          - Added Screenshot function
          - Added Hide Bar function
          - Added Sleep function
          - Added Home menu to change launcher
          - Added USB menu
          - Added Hide navigation bar menu
          - Fix Kodi auto frame-rate switching, all frame-rates are supported
          - Fixed Bluetooth
          - Updated apps

Note:
          Change Audio output to 'HDMI Bitstream' to have sound

Download link:
          Pass: mvr9
          https://mega.nz/#!gUkSDaaL!tjdXWghCr...U3tqTRKMvDy7SE
          Last edited by mo123; 04-11-2019, 07:22.

Comment

wrong post, deleted, sorry
            Last edited by poppint; 04-11-2019, 18:59.

Comment

Dear mo123.

Thank you so much for this wonderful ROM and prompt response to evey query raised. I hope you would address my concern too.

I have mx9 pro box with RK3328. I really wanted your ROM either this one or Nougat one for two reasons:

1) You are the Best
              2) This ROM is the best with extremley user friendly features like Ethernet spoofing, root etc.

Now, here is the concern. First, please know that I was aware of the fact that flashing this rom could have bricked my device and I took the risk anyways since I wanted this ROM desperately for above mentioned two reasons.

Here, I followed your instructions completely like flash/erase and keep the box connected for 10 minutes even after android tool says ' Device Reset Success" . I apologize but keeping the box connected doesn't make sense to me as after 'Device Reset Success' message, the tool disconnects the connection and it says 'No Device Found" but I followed your instructions diligently and removed the USB cable only after 15 minutes

Now, when the box is connected with nougat ROM, the box boots and displays Black Screen and doesn't move on.

When the box is connected with Oreo rom, the box boots and displays MVR9 box and Remote picture and after a brief time, goes into infinite black screen.

Now, please let me know if The Oreo rom will work on this box as it boots and show the picture. I used the android tool to get back to my previous nougat 7.1.2 firmware so I know that this ROM cannot brick my device.

Also, since I like this rom and wanted to try it, could you please be kind and let me know which box/es this rom.supports. I searched aliexpress and google with mvr9 TV box and found none.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to let you know the complete aspect. Thank you for your great work and have a blissful day.

Regards- Sanjeev

Comment

New MVR9 AndroidTV Oreo v1.0 ROM released
                Bqeel MVR9 RK3328 AndroidTV Oreo Custom ROM v1.4 by mo123 - 06 June 2019 Changelog v1.4 Improve Netflix quality Add Magisk support - Open the Magisk icon and then follow the install instructions - Download the MagiskPropsHide addon and restart - In Terminal App in the App Drawer, type props, grant root access then choose an

Comment

Hello mo123
                  I have installed also this ROM in my A5X MAX tv box and it seems to work well (except BT). Thank you for your work.
                  But I need to be ROOT and I don't know how to do it. Is there any way to root this ROM?.
                  I have read that I must install zip from Magisk Manager, but I can't see the way to do it.

Comment

Hi jcabad66,

A5X Max has DDR3 so how did you managed to get this ROM Installed? Please let me know which version you tried. I have MX9 Pro and I tried both Nougat and Oreo version but the box didnt go beyond the first image. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by imurreflection View Post
                      Hi jcabad66,

A5X Max has DDR3 so how did you managed to get this ROM Installed? Please let me know which version you tried. I have MX9 Pro and I tried both Nougat and Oreo version but the box didnt go beyond the first image. Please help.
                      Version 1.2 installed with factory tool, without any problem. But I need to get root

Comment

Originally posted by jcabad66 View Post

Version 1.2 installed with factory tool, without any problem. But I need to get root
                        Mate, did you check developer option? There must be root option

Comment

Originally posted by imurreflection View Post

Mate, did you check developer option? There must be root option
                          No. There is not such option in developer. I have also opened magisk manager and it says that magisk is not installed

Comment

Version 1.2 installed with factory tool, without any problem. But I need to get root[/QUOTE]

i have a5x max when i install this rom there is black forever can you write the instruction to how install this rom on the device

Comment

Working...
                            X