Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote control will turn the box off but ? wont turn the box on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote control will turn the box off but ? wont turn the box on.

I have a YSE Android tv box 64GB 4GB DDR3, RK3328 chipset. It came with Nougat 7.12, but the company in China upgraded it to a 8.1 stock rom which x88Max+ Firmware which I have here. since the update the original remote that came with it stopped working. So I purchased another one wifi.
    It works apart from the on and off button, it will turn the box off. But wont turn it on. The box is not rooted just standard stock rom.

Jayne

Originally posted by ohdear View Post
    I have a YSE Android tv box 64GB 4GB DDR3, RK3328 chipset. It came with Nougat 7.12, but the company in China upgraded it to a 8.1 stock rom which x88Max+ Firmware which I have here. since the update the original remote that came with it stopped working. So I purchased another one wifi.
    It works apart from the on and off button, it will turn the box off. But wont turn it on. The box is not rooted just standard stock rom.

Jayne
    The stock remote uses infrared to turn the box on/off.
    IR remains powered on even if the device is powered off since it uses very little power and has an extra hardware ir sensor.

A wifi remote can't turn the tv box on/off since Android has to be fully booted to access wifi and there is no separate wifi sensor to wait for on/off commands.
    If your tv box has a power off menu, you can click Sleep with the wifi remote to put it in a Sleep mode and press any button to wake it up again.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I only have power off or restart. The original remote stopped work within days of kitting it up. The Chinks did not want to know. The original Remote just keeps flashing and does not pair with the usb wifi. The box does not seem bad tbh

So its almost and door stop.

Jayne

Comment

Working...
      X