Clear All

MVR9 RK3328 AndroidTV Oreo ROM by mo123

Bqeel MVR9 RK3328 AndroidTV Oreo Custom ROM v1.4 by mo123 - 06 June 2019

Changelog v1.4

Improve Netflix quality
    Add Magisk support
    - Open the Magisk icon and then follow the install instructions
    - Download the MagiskPropsHide addon and restart
    - In Terminal App in the App Drawer, type props, grant root access then choose an Android 8.1 device to emulate
    Your device can now run Google Certified apps and also run root for certain apps while hiding root for all other apps.

Add app shortcuts to favorite bar
    Fix no sound on default setting

Add Channels
    - Search for a Youtube channel then you can add it as a channel on your homescreen to easily view all the videos of that channel

Add Xbox 360 and PS3/4 keylayout files
    Improve 4K video playback
    Improve boot time
    Solve the problem of extend can't display when extend's status is connected at boot time
    Fix a bug that causes crash by operating NULL pointer when primary device's connection status is changed
    Add internet adb support
    Fix apk prebuild in preinstall will crash with lib64
    Fix apk prebuild in preinstall_del* will crash with lib
    Rewrite the codes of get bitstream devices
    Give special address for setting bitstream address
    Fix bug for av async cause by audio
    Sstab: add dirsync flag in userdata mounting
    Fs_mgr: add dirsync flag support for mounting
    Fix ntfs dirty warning due to wrong check parameter
    Disable backpressure propagation. It may cause reduce surfaceFlinger frame rate
    Fix click area deviation of dialog btn with mouse

Download link v1.4: Here
    Password: mvr9

Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)
    or use Restore in FactoryTool
    https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.66.zip

Changelog v1.2

Superspeed ROM
    Add button to power off device - Go to 'About MVR9 RK3228' menu to use the Shutdown menu
    Fixed OTG USB port to be mass storage for hard-drives to work correctly
    Updated Google & other Apps
    Support Sony DS4 dongle controller
    Support additional Sony DS4 model controller
    USB improvements:
    dwc_otg_310: fix usb devices reconnect failed
    usb: dwc_otg_310: hcd: assign reg address to hc_regs
    usb: dwc_otg_310: hcd: limit max size of aligned buffer
    VPU improvements:
    video: rockchip: vpu: Implement get_dev_status()
    video: rockchip: vpu: Fix core and cabac rate error when high
    video: rockchip: Ensure that set voltage when update devfreq for the first time
    Improve scrolling cache
    aapt: Speed up the style pruning
    Allow faster app switching
    Native: Fixed crash of SurfaceFlinger on TL1

Download link v1.2:
    213 DPI
    (for smaller icons) Here
    240 DPI
    (for bigger icons, 4K tv's) Here
    Password:
    mvr9

Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)
    or use Restore in FactoryTool
    https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.63.zip

Changelog v1.0

Based on changes done to MVR9 Oreo ROM
    - Fixed Google and other accounts menu in settings to work
    - Improve bluetooth search time
    - Improve bluetooth pair time
    - Some streaming and audio improvements
    - Fixed Home button, volume, recent apps for AndroidTV
    - Some other changes

SmartYoutubeTV, update it to the latest version when it asks for it to work
    (The latest version isn't posted anywhere online yet)
    Bluetooth voice remotes should work.

Download link v1.0:
    Password: mvr9
    Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)or
    Use Restore in FactoryTool
    https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.63.zip

Please let me know of any improvements needed then I;ll try to fix it.

Notes
    Change Audio output to 'HDMI Bitstream' to have sound
    Kodi supports auto frame-rate switching - Remember to enable the whitelist and always use the latest 18.2 version.

For the first setup - You will need a Google account and link it with the Google app on your phone through a wifi account.
    If there are problems just restart and try again as Google's servers can have problems sometimes.

Install an alternative Remote Control app on your phone for better control than the one installed through the Google app setup.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...telecom.remote

Use an app like Bubblesoft to cast videos to the tv box, either to 'Mediacenter Renderer' or 'Happycast'.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.bubbleupnp

Yatse is also a good remote app to control Kodi and cast media from your phone or connected network to Kodi on the tv box
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atsewidgetfree

Remember to enable UPnP support in Kodi for this to work.
    Last edited by mo123; 06-06-2019, 07:49.

Hello Mate, will this work with MX9 Pro as you know that last two ROMs for Oreo and Nougat didn't worked

Comment

Originally posted by imurreflection View Post
      Hello Mate, will this work with MX9 Pro as you know that last two ROMs for Oreo and Nougat didn't worked
      It's based on the same Oreo code, so if the other ROM didn't work then this one will also not work.

Comment

Can I use this run with my R10 Android
        tv box if he's comfortable RK3328

Comment

Originally posted by antonio6o6 View Post
          Can I use this run with my R10 Android
          tv box if he's comfortable RK3328
          If your device uses DDR4 RAM, RTL8723BS bluetooth and gigabit lan then it might work well.
          Otherwise lots of things might not work and it might not even boot.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If your device uses DDR4 RAM, RTL8723BS bluetooth and gigabit lan then it might work well.
            Otherwise lots of things might not work and it might not even boot.
            Do you know if it is possible to "inject" other drivers into this Rom? To make it work with H96 Max+ rk3328

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Android Oreo and Pie has lots more security than previous Android versions.
              Even if you add 1 file, it can make the firmware unbootable.
              You have to build firmware from source code.
              I tried to contact WeChip in the past to make firmware for their devices but they never responded back.
              I only make firmware for devices that provide the source code otherwise it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
              I will also be making firmware for the Khadas Edge RK3399 soon I hope, at least they are the opposite of Wechip and Chiptrip and want to help users.

Hello mo123
            I have installed this ROM in my A5X MAX tv box and it seems to work well (except BT). Thank you for your work.
            But I need to be ROOT and I don't know how to do it. Is there any way to root this ROM?

Comment

ROM updated, see OP.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

ROM updated
                  There are improvements to Netflix, Magisk support, Homescreen customizations and fixed sound.
                  It's now the best MVR9 RK3328 AndroidTV firmware available.

Comment

Originally posted by imurreflection View Post
                    dont flash this firmware, mx9 pro has ddr3 ram and mvr9 has ddr4 you will brick your box.

If you need to i can provide u a kernel.img that will push your box to 2.02ghz and give you better performance

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                      ROM updated
                      There are improvements to Netflix, Magisk support, Homescreen customizations and fixed sound.
                      It's now the best MVR9 RK3328 AndroidTV firmware available.
                      Hey Mo, nice work with the rom will test it once download finished. How did you get magisk to work? everytime i try to install magisk or similar on rockchip 3328 it wont boot anymore havent come to a solution yet

Comment

Update: The Box will stop working upon clicking "sign in" for google play, this happens at direct first setup, Box freezes.

Maybe you have an idea?

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You have to use the Google app on your phone to login.
                          It will then connect with wifi and bluetooth to finish the setup and also open the Android Remote control app on your phone or install it if not present.
                          The device login is perhaps an OpenGapps problem since they don't bundle the correct version of apps to work together properly.

Hi mo123!

First of all: thanks for your work
                        Second: i have a problem. The firmware is correctly updated in my device and i can start it, select language but when the system ask to me if i want to login using a table or handy and i press "yes" (i have read in this post that is the way to do it), i see a new screen but only 1 second and again the screen to select the language. I have tried several times but always with the same result.

The other question: you said that it's necesary to use the "google app" to make the login but... what google app exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by lechtung View Post
                          Hi mo123!

First of all: thanks for your work
                          Second: i have a problem. The firmware is correctly updated in my device and i can start it, select language but when the system ask to me if i want to login using a table or handy and i press "yes" (i have read in this post that is the way to do it), i see a new screen but only 1 second and again the screen to select the language. I have tried several times but always with the same result.

The other question: you said that it's necesary to use the "google app" to make the login but... what google app exactly?

Thanks in advance!
                          Hi ,

i think , Mo123 means , you must log in with your Google Account over Settings , what do you mean with Tablet / Handy ??? ,

no NEED for a Handy or Tablet if you boot up a TVBox , strange ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                          X