Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i think , Mo123 means , you must log in with your Google Account over Settings , what do you mean with Tablet / Handy ??? ,

no NEED for a Handy or Tablet if you boot up a TVBox , strange ,

greetings / gefattern
    He said in one comment:

"You have to use the Google app on your phone to login.
    It will then connect with wifi and bluetooth to finish the setup and also open the Android Remote control app on your phone or install it if not present.
    The device login is perhaps an OpenGapps problem since they don't bundle the correct version of apps to work together properly."

Becouse one person before said:

"The Box will stop working upon clicking "sign in" for google play, this happens at direct first setup, Box freezes. Maybe you have an idea?"

I have exactly this problem, when i run the install process, the device first ask for the language, then says that i need to login but i can make it with "Tablet or Handy" via APP (this is what Mo123 means i think), and if you say "no" then the system will ask for WIFI and then freeze trying to connect to google.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i think , Mo123 means , you must log in with your Google Account over Settings , what do you mean with Tablet / Handy ??? ,

no NEED for a Handy or Tablet if you boot up a TVBox , strange ,

greetings / gefattern
      You need to use the google app to login

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

You need to use the google app to login
        I have tried installing the Google app for Ios and also in an android handy. Both in same wifi as the device, but everytime that i select to use my device to make the login, i see the new screen 1 second and automatically, again language selection....

Comment

Originally posted by lechtung View Post

I have tried installing the Google app for Ios and also in an android handy. Both in same wifi as the device, but everytime that i select to use my device to make the login, i see the new screen 1 second and automatically, again language selection....
          You have to use this app on your phone or tablet

In the Google app type 'set up my device'
          It will try to connect to your device.
          Check that the code on your phone and device matches.
          Login to your Google account on your phone, it will link to your device.
          Now you should have the AndroidTV remote app screen on your phone.
          Us the app, press right to skip the tutorial showing on your tv..
          Android will now set things up for the first time and take you to the AndroidTV Homescreen.

Make sure you are using it on a MVR9 or TICTID device that has RTL8723BS wifi.
          Devices with other wifi chips will have connection problems with wifi and might not work correctly.

The setup is required unfortunately otherwise the Home button won't work and lots of other things.
          Wifi not connecting directly might be an Opengapps problem, I'm not sure what causes it or how to fix it.
          In Android Pie, you can skip the setup and use a silent setup then just manually change your language, wifi and add your Google account but it takes more time.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You have to use this app on your phone or tablet

In the Google app type 'set up my device'
            It will try to connect to your device.
            Check that the code on your phone and device matches.
            Login to your Google account on your phone, it will link to your device.
            Now you should have the AndroidTV remote app screen on your phone.
            Us the app, press right to skip the tutorial showing on your tv..
            Android will now set things up for the first time and take you to the AndroidTV Homescreen.

Make sure you are using it on a MVR9 or TICTID device that has RTL8723BS wifi.
            Devices with other wifi chips will have connection problems with wifi and might not work correctly.

The setup is required unfortunately otherwise the Home button won't work and lots of other things.
            Wifi not connecting directly might be an Opengapps problem, I'm not sure what causes it or how to fix it.
            In Android Pie, you can skip the setup and use a silent setup then just manually change your language, wifi and add your Google account but it takes more time.
            Thanks for the answer, but i don't understand very well.

I will try to make in a better way the question.

1. I turn on the MVR9 device and i'm asked to set the language, so i set it and i press "continue".
            2. The device ask me if i want to configure the connection with my table or handy. In this point i don't have selected a wifi connection (come in the next step), so it's not possible that my handy and MVR9 will be ussing same WIFI (MVR9) is not using any wifi).
            3. If i answer NO the MVR9 ask for wifi connection and there i can set my wifi.
            4. When i press NEXT after connect my wifi the MVR9 hangs.

So... when should i use my Google app in my handy to configure the connection of the MVR9? Should i try to answer NO in step 2, go to step 3 and set wifi, go back to step 2 and then try to use the google app in my handy before answer YES (it will go with language selection again, step 1), or NO (will go to wifi seleccion) ?

Thanks again in advance

Comment

Originally posted by lechtung View Post

Thanks for the answer, but i don't understand very well.

I will try to make in a better way the question.

1. I turn on the MVR9 device and i'm asked to set the language, so i set it and i press "continue".
              2. The device ask me if i want to configure the connection with my table or handy. In this point i don't have selected a wifi connection (come in the next step), so it's not possible that my handy and MVR9 will be ussing same WIFI (MVR9) is not using any wifi).
              3. If i answer NO the MVR9 ask for wifi connection and there i can set my wifi.
              4. When i press NEXT after connect my wifi the MVR9 hangs.

So... when should i use my Google app in my handy to configure the connection of the MVR9? Should i try to answer NO in step 2, go to step 3 and set wifi, go back to step 2 and then try to use the google app in my handy before answer YES (it will go with language selection again, step 1), or NO (will go to wifi seleccion) ?

Thanks again in advance
              I will reset my device and check the steps in order.

Anyway I already made Android Pie firmware for it about 2 months ago but never posted on the forum since there was still something I wanted to work on.
              I will see if I can update it and release it later this week.
              It has no SetupWizard and is easy to use.

If you do lots of video playback, I would also recommend to run LibreELEC from a micro-sd card, the image I posted on freaktab.
              4K video playback works very good with it and Live TV with a DVB tuner.
              You also get 720p Netflix playback support.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I will reset my device and check the steps in order.

Anyway I already made Android Pie firmware for it about 2 months ago but never posted on the forum since there was still something I wanted to work on.
                I will see if I can update it and release it later this week.
                It has no SetupWizard and is easy to use.

If you do lots of video playback, I would also recommend to run LibreELEC from a micro-sd card, the image I posted on freaktab.
                4K video playback works very good with it and Live TV with a DVB tuner.
                You also get 720p Netflix playback support.
                Thanks a lot, will be great

Yes, i have tried the libreelec build from you, but i want also to have the AndroidTV option, so i can choose. Thanks in advance again

Comment

If anyone is still using this device,
                  I uploaded my AndroidTV Pie firmware now, see here
                  AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware v1.3 by mo123 c6258c7d01f33515d28369aca6db87bcd088356d_2_517x292.jpeg Changelog v1.3 Magisk patched by default Speed optimisations Updated apps Added Dashboard - Use it to change the All Apps screen when Long pressing Home or clicking on the red Apps icon. Added Notifications app - Now you can

Please let me know of any bugs then I will try to fix it if not too difficult and try to send to RK so future devices don't have the same bugs.
                  I will try to add some small changes in the coming weeks as I get time.

Comment

Hi i successfully installed the firmware but when i connect it on my tv. There is no connection. But the device has power. Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by tagaparis View Post
                      Hi i successfully installed the firmware but when i connect it on my tv. There is no connection. But the device has power. Please help!
                      Try to flash back the stock firmware of your device with FactoryTool v1.68
                      Your device most likely has different components inside or uses DDR3 RAM or is a RK3318 instead.

Comment

Image below is my device. I dont have the stock firmware.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Just an update. I tried your other versions but only your nougat version works on my side. If you have any idea why i can't get the other versions work please update me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tagaparis View Post
                            Just an update. I tried your other versions but only your nougat version works on my side. If you have any idea why i can't get the other versions work please update me. Thanks!
                            Have you tried the Android Pie ROM?
                            AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware v1.3 by mo123 c6258c7d01f33515d28369aca6db87bcd088356d_2_517x292.jpeg Changelog v1.3 Magisk patched by default Speed optimisations Updated apps Added Dashboard - Use it to change the All Apps screen when Long pressing Home or clicking on the red Apps icon. Added Notifications app - Now you can

Make sure you have DriverAssistant v4.91 installed, use FactoryTool v1.68(Restore checkbox checked) or AndroidTool v2.71(then do an EraseFlash then Upgrade).
                            GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Use a male USB to USB cable that is thicker, use a back USB port on your PC, not a front one.
                            In above link, you can also try SDDiskTool to write firmware to a micro-sd card and try to boot from it.

Comment

Working...
                            X