H96 MAX Plus RK3328 force 2k res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 MAX Plus RK3328 force 2k res

hi i've got this tv box and connected it to a 2560x1440 display monitor. In hdmi output I can set to max 1080p. How can I force my native resolution on Androd, is it possible?
    Also initially i wanted to install armbian but i've read that this device is not supported? any info would be much appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by flux7d View Post
    hi i've got this tv box and connected it to a 2560x1440 display monitor. In hdmi output I can set to max 1080p. How can I force my native resolution on Androd, is it possible?
    Also initially i wanted to install armbian but i've read that this device is not supported? any info would be much appreciated. thanks
    You have to use Oreo or Pie firmware with kernel patches to add PC monitor resolutions.
    This device's firmware doesn't contain it and never will.

The device still runs at 1080p on a 4K tv, only video playback runs in 4K if your device supports auto frame-rate switching in Kodi.
    The 4K resolution settings in the Display options is only an overlay for the Android Desktop to run in 4K, it's not a real 4K framebuffer.
    Only the Nvidia Shield can run true 4K resolution without performance issues, no other Android devices, not even S922X that also uses a 1080p framebuffer.

Armbian, forget about using it, even if you manage to hack things together, you will be limited to 360p video playback in browsers and video players and the desktop will lag.

Development boards like ROC CC or Rock64, Rock Pi 4 are a different matter and you can build you own kernel, they have mainline Linux support and work better.

Comment

Working...
    X