Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with H96 Max X2 Wifi

Hello,

So I recently made a first time purchase of android box H96 Max X2.

All is fine, however I noticed the wifi speed is really slow. The speed test shows I'm getting 4 mbps instead of the normal 35 mbps I'm getting from other devices.

I'm pretty sure its due to the weak wifi antennae in the box. My question is, can I plug in a USB Wifi adapter? Will it be compatible with the box?

Many Thanks,

Originally posted by velesify View Post
    Hello,

All is fine, however I noticed the wifi speed is really slow. The speed test shows I'm getting 4 mbps instead of the normal 35 mbps I'm getting from other devices.

I'm pretty sure its due to the weak wifi antennae in the box. My question is, can I plug in a USB Wifi adapter? Will it be compatible with the box?

Many Thanks,
    USB Wifi adaptors are not compatible.
    Only in certain case running Armbian or CoreELEC.

Comment

Originally posted by velesify View Post
      Hello,

Many Thanks,
      Hi ,

you only can try to solder external Antennas , modding your Box ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Installed nightly dated 24/07/2019 on my H96 Max X2 (S905X2 , 4g/32g) using g12a_s905x2_4g.dtb. Boot: OK Ethernet: NO Audio: OK Remote: NO Playback: Mostly OK WIFI : NO WiFi chip J6330 is in H96 Max X2 (analog AP6330, MIMO 1x1), I need wifi. Can the firmware for this wifi chip be included in the next update?

have a read thru here

bazzle

Comment

Working...
        X