H96 Max+ rk3328 Random Freezing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Max+ rk3328 Random Freezing Issue

Sorry if this issue has been posted before, but i have an H96 Max+ rk3328 box that has started randomly freezing. I bought this like a year ago and all of a sudden it has started freezing randomly. I thought maybe it was because of an app i had installed which i uninstalled but still the same issue. Sometimes it will be running fine for hours and sometimes it will get stuck at the google logo after the h96 max+ logo. Sometimes while watching netflix the movie will be playing and the remote won't work. The movie will be playing without an issue and even end but i can't do anything after that. Tried using a mouse with it too, the mouse icon moves but can't click anything. Don't know if this is overheating or maybe another issue. It has android 8.1.0, I was thinking of flashing another firmware if there is any latest available. Can anyone guide me here? Thanks

EDIT: Also I am not using wifi, i have an ethernet cable connected to it.

Originally posted by razaali234 View Post
    Sorry if this issue has been posted before, but i have an H96 Max+ rk3328 box that has started randomly freezing. I bought this like a year ago and all of a sudden it has started freezing randomly. I thought maybe it was because of an app i had installed which i uninstalled but still the same issue. Sometimes it will be running fine for hours and sometimes it will get stuck at the google logo after the h96 max+ logo. Sometimes while watching netflix the movie will be playing and the remote won't work. The movie will be playing without an issue and even end but i can't do anything after that. Tried using a mouse with it too, the mouse icon moves but can't click anything. Don't know if this is overheating or maybe another issue. It has android 8.1.0, I was thinking of flashing another firmware if there is any latest available. Can anyone guide me here? Thanks

EDIT: Also I am not using wifi, i have an ethernet cable connected to it.
    The H96 devices have very low build quality, that's why they are cheap.
    They will only work for a few months then give problems.
    The main causes are overheating issues, low quality components used for EMMC storage and RAM.
    Low quality EMMC chips have a much shorter lifespan and don't have good error correction, if they start to wear out, everything will start to slow down and freeze.
    You should also check the power adapter since most ones don't even reach 5V2A and are also low quality.
    Also use a USB Fan.
    You can try to flash other firmware but it will most likely not fix hardware issues that start to appear now.

I never understood how the H96 devices with 32/64GB storage sell for less than when you buy a separate 32/64GB EMMC chip.
    The only way possible is if there were corners cut with every single component in the device to get it at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The H96 devices have very low build quality, that's why they are cheap.
      They will only work for a few months then give problems.
      The main causes are overheating issues, low quality components used for EMMC storage and RAM.
      Low quality EMMC chips have a much shorter lifespan and don't have good error correction, if they start to wear out, everything will start to slow down and freeze.
      You should also check the power adapter since most ones don't even reach 5V2A and are also low quality.
      Also use a USB Fan.
      You can try to flash other firmware but it will most likely not fix hardware issues that start to appear now.

I never understood how the H96 devices with 32/64GB storage sell for less than when you buy a separate 32/64GB EMMC chip.
      The only way possible is if there were corners cut with every single component in the device to get it at that price.
      Thanks for the reply, so the only thing possible is to attach a fan and check the voltage and current of the adapter... Should i just use an app to check the current or will that not give accurate reading?

Comment

Upload there the firmware:
        RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734_9_20190313.1151

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Then setting - turn off bluetooth!!!! and wifi - when not in use.
        Also uninstall unnecessary applications.

This is how it should work ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Gante View Post
          Upload there the firmware:
          RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734_9_20190313.1151

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Then setting - turn off bluetooth!!!! and wifi - when not in use.
          Also uninstall unnecessary applications.

This is how it should work ok.
          Thanks for the suggestion, I tried removing alot of the apps that were already installed in the box and only left the ones i usually use, i'm going to see if that helps or not. If not then will use a usb fan to see if that helps and in last will use another firmware. Thanks for the help guys

Comment

HI Can I ask a general question - is the software available to update firmware using a Mac?

Comment

Pretty sure you have defective ram chips, maybe they fake size and box thinks its 3gb for example when in reality its only 2gb, that ****s up android and gives hard freeze.

Buy a better box please stay away from H96 they produce bad box pcb with bad cooling, you wont have fun over long therm.

Also the stock firmware sucks big ass, in those boxes.

Comment

Working...
              X