Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX10 Mess! - Please help

Hey,

I have an MX10 TV box with android 9. I wanted to turn it into an Interenet and office home computer so I connected it to a screen and Lenovo external keyboard and mouse, and downloaded proper app.

At first everything was fine - mouse and keyboard worked, and than I disscovered the famous 'enter' key problem. I've tryied to solve it based on google: Installed external keyboard helper - didn't work well. I have changed key 28 from DPAD_CENTER to ENTER in generic.kl file - and since than my keyboard is dead.

The TV BOX don't recognize external keyboard. I've Reset the box, changed the file back and reset it again - but nothing - the keyboard is dead. I can't turn on caps lock light or num lock light, the keyboard is dead and doesn't identified.

I've tried every USB port. I connected it to another computer to see its alive (it is...), I've connected the mouse to every USB port - it works. I've tried every USB option under developer tab - nothing changed.

I'm completly lost! not only I didn't solve the Enter key problem, my home computer seems completly broken.

PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by Theish View Post
    Hey,

I have an MX10 TV box with android 9. I wanted to turn it into an Interenet and office home computer so I connected it to a screen and Lenovo external keyboard and mouse, and downloaded proper app.

At first everything was fine - mouse and keyboard worked, and than I disscovered the famous 'enter' key problem. I've tryied to solve it based on google: Installed external keyboard helper - didn't work well. I have changed key 28 from DPAD_CENTER to ENTER in generic.kl file - and since than my keyboard is dead.

The TV BOX don't recognize external keyboard. I've Reset the box, changed the file back and reset it again - but nothing - the keyboard is dead. I can't turn on caps lock light or num lock light, the keyboard is dead and doesn't identified.

I've tried every USB port. I connected it to another computer to see its alive (it is...), I've connected the mouse to every USB port - it works. I've tried every USB option under developer tab - nothing changed.

I'm completly lost! not only I didn't solve the Enter key problem, my home computer seems completly broken.

PLEASE HELP!
    Hi ,

think you must flash your Rom again ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

hmm...
      I think you corrupted the generic.kl file or the generic.kl file permission is not set correctly
      - did you make a backup of the generic.kl file ?

Try setting the generic.kl file permission to 777
      Try replacing the generic.kl file with the backup
      or
      download a new generic.kl file..replace old with new.. set permission of file to 777 ( chmod 777 )

Note.. I prefer TotalCommander (settings allow root) then make changes to files ( it auto mounts RW / and easy to check/set permissions)
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X