Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX10 mini, 4G/32G sd card boot not working

Hi,

Recently I bought a MX10 mini 4G/32G. Although I noticed in the usual eastern shops that the mini usually only comes in 2G/16G, I thought I give it a try. I wish i didn't, because now I'm having a hard time finding firmware for it, and also I can't get it running armbian or OpenElec from SD.
    I've tried all the dtbs in both the armbian and openelec sd card images from balbes150 , to no avail. Just a black screen.
    I also obtained the dtb from the android 9 (4.4.159) that the box came with using termux and
    Code:
    dtc -I fs -O dtb /sys/firmware/devicetree/base -o rk3328-mx10mini.dtb
    All I'm getting is a black screen, no sign of anything booting. The hdmi does not detect a signal at all.
    Am I missing something, and is there a way of getting an early log to see what's going on?

thanks,
    Lars

UPDATE: above process to obtain the dtb actually works, in post #35 (after some Portuguese took over this thread) I'm reporting some success booting LibreELEC with this dtb.
    Last edited by biemster; 09-04-2021, 16:59.

With such symptoms, only the UART console will give an answer.

Comment

This always happens, the moment I ask for help something starts working haha.
      The android 9 sd card image for the rock64 actually boots to some recovery, which activates the hdmi and displays some menu on the screen. It's been a while since I worked with those tv boxes / sticks (pre device tree times), but this seems something i can work with.
      I'll post my progress here further, but if someone can give me some pointers as well that would be much appreciated!
      Last edited by biemster; 12-22-2019, 15:57.

Comment

Hey Biemster, I have same box and haven`t found anything so far . Dou you mind sharing the DTB extracted? Not sure how did you do that. Will try to boot something on it.
        Thanks

Comment

I extracted the dtb using the program device-tree-compiler, which I installed on the box in Termux using
          Code:
          pkg install dtc
          Then the code in the first post reads the active device tree info from /sys/firmware/devicetree/base.

I thought I made some progress when the rock64 image was booting to recovery, but upon further investigation it seemed that it was actually booting the recovery from eMMC, which I still don't have access to.
          I shared the dtb and dts, but they are not booting my images either.
          Good to hear you're working on it too! Please report back here if you make progress?

Comment

I bought this box (android 9), but some apps detect root, know some way to bypass?

(One way can be root and hiding with rootcloack -hide root module)

Has anyone tested? Thanks

Comment

Mine did not come rooted, but that would be very handy indeed. Still searching for a way how.

Comment

Still not able to boot any linux image on it. biemster how did you get into recovery mode?

Comment

In post #3 i put a link to the sd card image of Android 9 for the rock64, if you boot the box with an sdcard with that image it will boot into the recovery that is on mmc.

Comment

Olha tenho um desse ele deu uma tela verde mais também como não achei um fireware para ele eu instalei outra custei mais achei uma mais estável se quiser te falo qual os arquivos que usei para ele funcionar novamente

Comment

Diegowdi google has difficulty translating your post, are you saying you have stable firmware files for this box?

Comment

Originally posted by Diegowdi View Post
                        Olha tenho um desse ele deu uma tela verde mais também como não achei um fireware para ele eu instalei outra custei mais achei uma mais estável se quiser te falo qual os arquivos que usei para ele funcionar novamente
                        Amigo, tenho interesse na FW que você usou...
                        O meu deu brick e não liga mais. Fica só em modo stock quando conecto ele em um PC.
                        Qual programa e FW vc conseguiu recuperar ele?

Comment

Usei Android-Tool versao 2.69 e os drive rk4.4 usei o fireware h96 Max e a do mx10 também da

Comment

Usei o Android Tool versão 2.69 e o drive rk4.4 fw da caixa h96 max

Comment

No Android Tool primeiro você vai em limpar flash e depois que você vai em atualizar

Comment

Working...
                              X