A5X Max Audio Out Only 1 channel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5X Max Audio Out Only 1 channel...

Hi, I just got an A5X Max player to hook up to my old B&O Beovision7 TV which has DVI but no HDMI input. I get the picture fine using an HDMI to DVI cable but I only get one the two audio channels when using the device's headphone jack audio output, even though I know for sure that Both the left and right RCA audio inputs to the TV, internal amp, speakers are working fine (tried with my phone and with a Roku box - sounds great.)

But...When I plug some headphones into the A5X max, I get both left and right channels (albeit a little bit quieter than I would expect.)

One thing I've spotted is that the headphone's jack has 4 poles and the two different 'headphone to RCA' cables I've tried have only 3 (ground, Left, Right.) So my question is: is my device faulty, or does the A5X Max have a socket that only works with a 4-pole headphone plug?

Other options?... what about a USB DAC - can anyone recommend one that works well, sounds good? Or what about a nice hifi grade standalone DAC, using the SPDIF output - what sort of SPDIF port is that one the device - I don't recognise it.

I can't find any specs on any of this stuff! Does this device have a website or anything?

Hello,

Your Device is not faulty, they use a 4 pin RCA Jack cause you can get also a Video Signal out of the Headphone Jack.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	61rZEyOotBL._SX425_.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	794725

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 11.25.22 PM.png
Views:	237
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	794726

All you have to do is to Buy that Cable from Amazon and hook it to your TV.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks - that works!

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the help. The A5X can also be found in numerous home/project studios around the world. Its open, powerful sound makes the A5X a trustworthy and useful tool for multimedia applications as well.
        blank popsockets in bulk

Comment

Working...
        X