Installing T9 RK3318 Android 9.0 on a T9 RK3328

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing T9 RK3318 Android 9.0 on a T9 RK3328

Has anyone tried to install the T9 rk3318 android 9.0 on a T9 RK3328?

I realize they are different chips, but I've read that they are practically they same chip with the exception of a different GPU on the rk3318.

Please let me know if anyone has tried this and the results.

If you know what you are doing then you can flash it, backup your rom before, the rk3318 is pretty shitty and you will limit your rk3328 power with the downclocked kernels.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Silver. Got it.

Do you know where I can find android 9.0 for the rk3328 T9? I've tried searching for it, but I've unsuccessful. Thanks.

Comment

I dont know there is reason you cannot find the firmware easy no manufacturer support website, i also recommend you stick with android 7 with this cpu android9 sdk that is used to make the android9 firmwares for these bóxes is buggy af.

Comment

Thank you Silver.

Comment

I have a tv box with this board, T9_RK3328, was sold with andoid on it, but I am getting problems to original firmware, because the seller is an **** store not specialized.

Comment

hi all, I have flashed T9_rk3328 by latest Z4.20191025 firmware for T9_rk3318.

Result is that box runs very slowly with CPU load stuck at 100% and CPU frequency stuck at 1,3MHz.

After some time (hal an hour more or less) things get better but still some slowness is there.

any suggestion about tailoring firmware by taking some sector (DTBO, UBOOT, ....) from rk3328 original firmware?

Comment

U need different kernel.img for your box or else it will be slow forever

Comment

I fear it is not ok in the front display management...it slows dramatically slows down!

if using another recent rk3318 (H96MAX for example) firmware (who manages front display), my display is OFF but box runs very fine!

thank you SIlver

Comment

Originally posted by traversone View Post
                    I fear it is not ok in the front display management...it slows dramatically slows down!

if using another recent rk3318 (H96MAX for example) firmware (who manages front display), my display is OFF but box runs very fine!

thank you SIlver
                    rk3318 is bad why use it? it does not perform well, rk3328 is way better

Comment

infact my T9 is provided with rk3328 but its Android 9 firmware is targeted on rk3318 and it works very slow on my box.

I specifically need Android 9 and I was searching for ome alternative firmware managing front display.

Comment

I have a T9 (RK3328) TV stick, it got bricked. I searched the internet and tried many methods to recover it, but failed, please help if you know a better solution.

I used RKBatchTool to restore it, and got a blue square, but after I click "restore" button, it failed at "Prepare idb fail"

I also tried RK Android Tool, my stick is loaded as "Found one MASKROM Device". I played around the tool, but every time it failed at the same reason "Prepare idb fail ".

I have no ideas, anyone please help!

Comment

Originally posted by billi69 View Post
                          ...it failed at "Prepare idb fail"...

Fix IDB failure for RK devices

Comment

I also tried RK Android Tool, and Factory Tool my stick is loaded as "Found one MASKROM Device". I played around the tool, but every time it failed at the same reason "Prepare idb fail ".

Flash Info:
                            Manufacturer: SAMSUNG,value=00
                            Flash Size: 0MB
                            Block Size: 512KB
                            Page Size: 2KB
                            ECC Bits: 0
                            Access Time: 40
                            Flash CS: Flash

Comment

Originally posted by billi69 View Post
                              I also tried RK Android Tool, and Factory Tool my stick is loaded as "Found one MASKROM Device". I played around the tool, but every time it failed at the same reason "Prepare idb fail ".

Flash Info:
                              Manufacturer: SAMSUNG,value=00
                              Flash Size: 0MB
                              Block Size: 512KB
                              Page Size: 2KB
                              ECC Bits: 0
                              Access Time: 40
                              Flash CS: Flash
                              Flash size = 0MB??

emmc broken?

Comment