Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we transform a RK3328 box into a retro-gaming box ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we transform a RK3328 box into a retro-gaming box ?

Hello the Team,

Everything is in the title..

I'm looking for information to transform my RK3328 box into a retro-gaming box for my children, I have a MX10 Ver: 1.0
    For now it runs on rooted Android 7.1.2 ..

But for simplicity I am looking for an OS like emuelec, lakka, ... which can run on MX10.
    If you have some experience in retrogaming on RK3328, thank you for your feedback.

If not, is it possible to develop from libreelec ? (this is what was done I believe for emuelec which took Coreelec as its basis)

Any information is good to take so don't hesitate to share.
    Thank you again, and have a nice day ..

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
    Hello the Team,

I'm looking for information to transform my RK3328 box into a retro-gaming box for my children, I have a MX10 Ver: 1.0

But for simplicity I am looking for an OS like emuelec, lakka, ... which can run on MX10.
    If you have some experience in retrogaming on RK3328, thank you for your feedback.

If not, is it possible to develop from libreelec ? (this is what was done I believe for emuelec which took Coreelec as its basis)

RetroPie is oipen-source so you can contribute the config files for the MX10 and build it yourself.
    There is already support for Rock64, ROC CC RK3328.

or just use the Android app

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
      Hello the Team,

Yes, you can, jst download this app >> Smart TV Box Gaming Console Emulator PSX GBA SNES_v4.12.0_apkfab.com.

Comment

i use recalbox on my box
        But i have 2 boxes with the same firmware (Android TV 7)
        One is working, the other don't boot.
        You can try.
        Use Etcher to burn the img.xz on a microsd
        And power on the box with the microsd on it, don't need to press any reset button
        Etcher : https://www.balena.io/etcher/
        Recalbox: https://github.com/mrfixit2001/recal...kchip/releases
        i'm using recalbox-rockbox-mrfixit-200304.img.xz

Comment

Thanks a lot for yours reply,
          I will test that..
          I found an old post about RetroElec it's a fork of LibreElec that I know can boot on my box with the balbes150 rk3328 libreelec...
          https://github.com/escalade/RetroELEC it's old but maybe it is possible to add to the version made by balbes150 the retrogaming kit put in retroelec. Well obviously this is more for developers because I think there is a lot to do for it to be optimized..

If I use RetroArch directly under android, will there be differences on the games between android 7, android 8 and android 9. I have several firmware for my box, I stayed under android 7.1.2 because It is a rooted version but I wonder if it would not be better to have a more recent version of android in order to improve the games?

Thanks again..

Comment

After testing it's better to use android 9 if it's possible for play under android system, Reicast don't work with my box on android 7.1.2 and work on android 9 but there is a problem with the sound...
            Always in searching of better system for playing dreamcast and N64 on this RK3328 box..
            I will test recalbox and retropie but it's a little more difficult..

Comment

Hi all,
              A little feedback from my various experiences ..
              So I flashed my box with Minixfreak_OS ATV RK3328, nickel no problem I start Android TV 9, this time I could install and run Reicast to emulate the sega dreamcast, it is playable but the image refresh is not at the top often well below 25fps .. Regarding the emulation of the Nintendo 64 there no problem it works really well finally for the games that I have tested .. For the android side I Tested Asphalt 8 is there amazed it works super well ..
              On the special retrogaming system, I managed to start Lakka with the Rock64 version but no LAN internet connection so hey I could not really test it.
              I'm trying to understand how to build a retrogaming system (like emuelec) for my box but it's really not easy for a beginner like me, any info or help is welcome.
              With that, good day to you ..

Comment

I know I’m necromancing this thread a bit, but I have a new software release that does exactly this. Especially since my old obsolete recalbox build is linked above
                Figured I’d post about the latest and greatest for anyone interested. It’s free to use if you have the hardware already.

Downloads and details for R-Cade software releases and updates - retro-center/rcade_releases

Comment

Working...
                X