How do i change the default resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i change the default resolution?

So i bought 3 of those cheap $7.99 Rock64 boards off Amazon, been tinkering around with em the past 2-3 days.

I ran into an issue i cant figure out. They have a BUNCH of OS sytems for download for this board the main ones ive tried so far are Android 7-8 and 9, they have several files for emmc boot, SD to emmc, Sd boot with the different memory sizes like 16G, 32 64

So on one of the boards i installed 9 emmc boot, and one SD boot, for some reason the SD boot defaults at 1920 X 1080P and the icons are small, everything looks great. Here is the issue, on the emmc one it defaults at 1280 X 720 and i cant get it to change in the settings, its like its stuck and unchangable. Ive tried to install it a few times and it seems locked.

Ive tried to install the SD boot version onto the emmc using an emmc etcher but then it disables the sd card reader im guessing because its suppose to hold the OS?

Can i edit the file or something so that i can change it or copy the resolution file from one to the other maybe?

Changing either of the display settings doesnt seem to do anything even after a reboot

Its in the operating system because if i switch the sd card to the other board and the emmc the problem fallows the OS on the memory, i thought maybe it was an issue with the hardware but its the software.
    Last edited by BowerR64; 09-05-2020, 23:50.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

7.99 times %500 markup = $ 40 TV Box

I wonder how many they sold at % 500 and %1000 Markup......
    Crazy

Most agree resolution is mapped to Android OS/Default setting.

Others contend with terminal wm command can change..
    With Root wm size AxB
    or without ADB shell wm size

Those are snipitts from aThread over at Xda Board/Forum

Do not have this board to test
    However since you only paid 7.99

Maybe you could be Tester????
    Lol

Also maybe best for this chip would be Libreelec
    True Whitelist Settings for Resolution

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
      So i bought 3 of those cheap $7.99 Rock64 boards off Amazon, been tinkering around with em the past 2-3 days.

I ran into an issue i cant figure out. They have a BUNCH of OS sytems for download for this board the main ones ive tried so far are Android 7-8 and 9, they have several files for emmc boot, SD to emmc, Sd boot with the different memory sizes like 16G, 32 64

So on one of the boards i installed 9 emmc boot, and one SD boot, for some reason the SD boot defaults at 1920 X 1080P and the icons are small, everything looks great. Here is the issue, on the emmc one it defaults at 1280 X 720 and i cant get it to change in the settings, its like its stuck and unchangable. Ive tried to install it a few times and it seems locked.

Ive tried to install the SD boot version onto the emmc using an emmc etcher but then it disables the sd card reader im guessing because its suppose to hold the OS?

Can i edit the file or something so that i can change it or copy the resolution file from one to the other maybe?

Changing either of the display settings doesnt seem to do anything even after a reboot

Its in the operating system because if i switch the sd card to the other board and the emmc the problem fallows the OS on the memory, i thought maybe it was an issue with the hardware but its the software.
      Hi ,

what Rock64 for 7.99 , what happend , think it is inside the Rom set to this size ,

are they sill available ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Dude they are a steal! If you search "single board computer" on amazon $7.99 you cant beat it, i wish more would get one so we could share tips and stuff.

Its a different device that uses the SBC that i guess didnt take off im guessing.

The cool part is its complete, Board, power supply and the SD card so all you have to do is install a different operating system on it and your good. The box for the other device has a little LCD screen that might be useful for some other project?

I can play Asphalt 8 on both of them, the one with the SD card loads a little slower but it plays the game which surprises me. Its the one that looks better too

Wish i could post images

Comment

...Wish i could post images
          lately we are using postimage or imgbb . . .
          Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2020, 07:00.

Comment

Dude they are a steal! If you search "single board computer" on amazon $7.99 you cant beat it, i wish more would get one so we could share tips and stuff.

Its a different device that uses the SBC that i guess didnt take off im guessing.

The cool part is its complete, Board, power supply and the SD card so all you have to do is install a different operating system on it and your good. The box for the other device has a little LCD screen that might be useful for some other project?

I can play Asphalt 8 on both of them, the one with the SD card loads a little slower but it plays the game which surprises me. Its the one that looks better too

Wish i could post images
            Hi ,

show a link , cant find ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Wish i could post images
              Holy @#$%

I thought they were TV Boxes

No bigger than a credit card
              LCD screen
              Looks like USB 3.0?

In Big G

Type Iconikal Rockchip RK3328 single board computer
              Or Amazom .com

Comment

YeAH! search "Iconikal Rockchip RK3328 4K 60P Single Board Computer A53 64-Bit Processor, 1GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 RAM, USB 3.0" im in the usa so they may not be available outside the usa i dont know how it works

The one thing i dont get is the listing says 1866mhz? is that the DDR3 speed?

Comment

Its actually a different device, when you get it you have to take it apart to get to the SBC

If you search "Reconsentinel" this is the device that it is. Its in a weird case and when you boot it up it displays the LCD screen for the network security thing the device is supose to be if this makes sense? They used a Rock64 sbc for this security device that runs off the SD card

You tear it down and yo have a SBC you can do anything with.

This is the sweet part, http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?tit...CK64_Ver2_only

Look at all of the operating systems they have available for this board!!!

Armbian, Bionic desktop, LIbreElec, Debian, Open media vault, Next cloud, Slackware, Recalbox, netbsd, Android 7-8-9, Manjaro, cent os, Dietpi, Lakka, Nems Linux, Volumino, Fedora, Yocto

There has to be something useful with all those systems

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

lately we are using poistimages.org or imgbb.com . . .
                    I donated to the forum, how much more do i need ti give to get some storage space to upload images to?

Just 500 megs?

Comment

On this one i added a couple of heatsinks and reflashed the SD card, used a dremel to mill out a spot for the HDMI cable, the SD card opening and a few holes for the LEDs and the 2 buttons. Ugly case but if you wanted to run it on the cheap this is the way to do it.

Then inside the box is this stuff

Not really a fan of the leanback launcher but it works, it actually looks better from the SD version then the eMMC versions and i cant figure out why ive tried almost every Android version (like 4 for pie, 2 for 8.1, 2 for 7.1) and i cant get the eMMc version to switch to 1080 i cant figure it out

I cant believe it for $7.99 it runs Asphalt 8! most shocked about that

Cheap case i found on amazon for the Raspberry pi with a fan $3.99, fan isnt quite in the right spot for this board but its good enough to keep the board from being damaged to bad

This board has the 16G hardkernal eMMc card some one was selling for $13. i got 2 of em for my Odroid boards and threw one on this other board

And here is one with some acrylic plastic i got off e-bay 20X10cm scored, snapped then drilled a few holes for plastic standoffs i got on amazon as well. Still waiting on a few little fans to dremel on the top and mount em for better cooling should help them run as fast as they can and get the most out of em.

Last edited by BowerR64; 09-07-2020, 21:58.

Comment

Ok

Its a raspberry wanna be?

All these posts crashed the site....

Lol

May test one

Emmc socket ?
                        so no internal

Odroid emmc module fits socket?

Comment

They went up $2.not sure if they are worth $9.99 now you waited to long.

I dont know if ide say its a raspberry wanna be because the raspberry always uses a different processor that isnt common. This one uses the RK chip that is more common and more known so your not starting from scratch so to speak like every pi has been.

This board is a similar form factor as the raspberry pi but many other SBC board are the same format as well.

I just got 2 more today so i have 4 of them at the original $7.99 price. I watched a few videos on youtube and that ETA prime guy used a hardkernal eMMc so i found one cheap and tried it, Seems to work ok
                          At first i didnt like the idea of a removable eMMc but now i see the benifit of it, with this design you wont "brick" the whole board, the emmc can be swapped out or flashed from a USB eMMc etcher which works pretty good imo

How did my post crash the site? some one told me to use an image host site to post images, ide rather just upload them to the board seems easier

Comment

You didnt crash the site
                            Lol

That was only humor

Ive been researching also...

Pine 64

Lots of OS to test

Great board for learning....

I may jusy have one on the way!!!!

I think thr is PoE
                            Power over ethernet maybe run a camera...
                            And also collect Data on other 2 wires

And is giga ethernet.

No wifi..

Lots to play with

Can grab an eMMc combo Nand/Internal for $ 20

Or just use SD card that comes

Comment

what are you thinking to use it for? Android or something else?

So far ive tried all of the Android versions and a few of the game versions, like the emulator (lakka) and the recallbox so far thats all ive tried

I found 3 wifi USB dongle things that work, one is the cheap TPlink, TL-WN725N, LoveRPi 2.4GHz 150Mb WiFi Nano Dongle, and the Plugable USB 2.0 Wireless N 802.11n 150 Mbps Nano WiFi Network Adapter (Realtek RTL8188EUS Chipset, those 3 i got to work with the Rock64 firmware downloads they have on their wiki site.

Comment

Working...
                              X