How to install Android to firefly Roc-RK3328

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install Android to firefly Roc-RK3328

Whats the trick to installing Android to this board? Im having trouble and not sure why

Ive downloaded the 2 files from the website and when i link it to my PC it shows maskrom mode but when i load the file i get an error like its the wrong file type or something

Ive tried a few different tools and i get the same problem. Do i need to keep it in the zip file like etcher?

THe SD card version worked fine i just cant get it to etch tot he eMMc

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
    Whats the trick to installing Android to this board? Im having trouble and not sure why

Ive downloaded the 2 files from the website and when i link it to my PC it shows maskrom mode but when i load the file i get an error like its the wrong file type or something

Ive tried a few different tools and i get the same problem. Do i need to keep it in the zip file like etcher?

THe SD card version worked fine i just cant get it to etch tot he eMMc
    Try these instructions
    Firefly's first ultra small open source mainboard, with unique USB3.0 and DDR4 making performance faster and more stable. This highly affordable ROC-RK3328-CC is your first choice to explore the programming world.

Comment

Thanks Mo123, finally got it to load!!!

i found 7.1 and 8.1 firmware is there anything newer that you know of for this board?

Was there ever a version 9?

I think all of these older boards should atleast have Android 9, for some reason ive had the best luck with atleast 9 on some of these boards 2019 or older

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
        Thanks Mo123, finally got it to load!!!

i found 7.1 and 8.1 firmware is there anything newer that you know of for this board?

Was there ever a version 9?

I think all of these older boards should atleast have Android 9, for some reason ive had the best luck with atleast 9 on some of these boards 2019 or older
        I made a RK3328 Android 9 ROM for DDR4 devices.
        Not sure if it will work on the ROC-CC.
        But it will get Android 10 this year I think since they released Android 10 for RK3399 and said it will be released later for their RK3328 devices too.
        Then I will make a custom ROM.
        On the LibreELEC forums I also made an image for the ROC-CC, can't remember if the link is still up somewhere as it was a while ago.
        It's now another 8 day holiday in China so difficult to get feedback from any manufacturer.

Comment

Where should i look for the Android 9 file you made for the RK3328?

Is it on here or another forum?

Comment

Working...
          X