Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R99 RK3399 Android 6.0.1 4/32GB Dual WiFi GIG Lan BT4..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to update the ethernet not working problem with my csa96 version of this rk3399 TV box.. After a lot of research and reading about how ethernet works on android, and trying to determine what ethernet chip is used in these boxes, there are at least two or maybe more according to the manufacturer. I decided, because I never could figure out how to open the cover without destroying it, to purchase a USB 3.0 ethernet adapter that worked with android devices. These ethernet adapters should work if the ethernet drivers are installed and working according to what I had read.. I could see that the built in ethernet port eth0 transmits something but my router never responds or the receive line was not working on the eth0 interface. After installing the USB adapter I could see that it transmitted and received and I was able to ping the router and the other devices on my network. The adapter came up using the eth1 interface and I had no idea how to make the connectivity manager look for eth1 instead of eth0. Finally I decided to used the ip link set command to rename the eth0 interface to something else and rename eth1 to eth0 and it came right up used dhcp to get its address and works like a charm. I wrote a script to do the name changes at startup and now I have working ethernet. Hope this helps anyone who like me who is stuck with a slow internet connection and needs the extra speed of ethernet to help with buffering problems.
    Miltblue

Comment

Thats excellent glad you were able to find a workaround. would you be able to share the info on the ip link set command and the script

Comment

Originally posted by ZebSogo View Post
        Thats excellent glad you were able to find a workaround. would you be able to share the info on the ip link set command and the script
        Here is a link to the IP command man page - https://linux.die.net/man/8/ip. There is lots of info on it . Just Google IP command android for examples.The script I wrote is as follows.

ip link set eth0 down
        ip link set eth0 name (any name but eth0 or eth1)
        ip link set eth1 down
        ip link set eth1 name eth0
        ip link set eth0 up

It work great , Comes right up and starts the ethernet after booting. Bad thing is it makes it more likely the the ethernet problem is hardware, either the socket, or the ethernet controller appears to be failing. If I'm ever able to open this box I'll figure it out. Need to be able to verify which chip is used.
        Miltblue

Comment

Good to know, I've had my r99 apart. It's just a single screw between hdmi & optical

Comment

Originally posted by Boneo View Post
            Good to know, I've had my r99 apart. It's just a single screw between hdmi & optical
            Thanks for the info. I'll check it out later tonight. Still using the box right now.
            Miltblue

Comment

miltblue

Excellent thanks

Comment

Working...
              X