No announcement yet.

H96 MAX RK3399 Tv Box 4/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Firmware Update Posted On Chinagadgetreviews.com on 12'th October : Link To Download : https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-4.html

If someone could test this one and come back with some feedback that would be great .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Odd View Post
      New Firmware Update Posted On Chinagadgetreviews.com on 12'th October : Link To Download : https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-4.html

If someone could test this one and come back with some feedback that would be great .
      I Testet it, it´s the same Firmware as July (H96 MAX RK3399-20180713)

Comment

Hello,

I have an H96 Max with RK3399 chip. Been having issues with it freezing up on me. I installed the latest firmware and still get the freezing. I can only guess I'm using
        the wrong firmware. If anyone can point me to the latest firmware it would be much appreciated.

If the firmware is not the cause of this unit freezing, what could it be?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCATZ View Post
          anyone know of better firmware

when ever i use spdif the sound drops in and out if using aac / flac codecs or youtube .. dts pass-through is working flawlessly however

maybe just have everything transcoded to dts ?
          Yes I had she same issue on my Marantz SR8001. I tried every firmware, every possible setting. Solution: Get a HDMI audio splitter with [Coax Digital] out. Solved my problem. It has something to do with ISO standards. My system is now working like a dream on FLAC, and even HDCD is decoded perfectly by the amp DAC. I got one from AliExpress for $24, product is Tomsenn HDMI switcher 3x1. Supports 4K & DTS7.1CH. (But I think anything similar should do the trick for you).

Comment

Originally posted by user202101 View Post
            Hello,

I have an H96 Max with RK3399 chip. Been having issues with it freezing up on me. I installed the latest firmware and still get the freezing. I can only guess I'm using
            the wrong firmware. If anyone can point me to the latest firmware it would be much appreciated.

If the firmware is not the cause of this unit freezing, what could it be?

Thanks!
            Don?t use the Power Supply that came with the unit. I am using a 5V 4A PSU now and no longer have the freezing up issue. Also make sure there is enough ventilation around the box.

Comment

Originally posted by avaneeden View Post

Don?t use the Power Supply that came with the unit. I am using a 5V 4A PSU now and no longer have the freezing up issue. Also make sure there is enough ventilation around the box.
              I find the lastet firmware not very good. I am running on my box the firmware that was released at the begining of Mai last year 05.02.2018.

Comment

I switched the power supply that came with the unit. Now using a 5V 3A power supply. Also, attached a fan to the unit. Working well now.

Comment

Does H96 Max support HD audio passtrough? I have no sound when playing trueHD and EAC 5.1 sound.

I googled a little bit and it seems hardware supports it but firmware doesn't.

My H96 is also freezing often or apps are crashing. I will try 3 or 4A adapter as suggested here. Do you have any tips which one are good on **** or aliexpress?

Comment

Originally posted by Czhunter View Post
                    Does H96 Max support HD audio passtrough? I have no sound when playing trueHD and EAC 5.1 sound.

My H96 is also freezing often or apps are crashing. I will try 3 or 4A adapter as suggested here. Do you have any tips which one are good on **** or aliexpress?
                    See my post on 02/24 a few chats up. Yes it does support HD, DTS-MA and every other format I?ve thrown its way in Passthrough mode. Also install Kodi Leia 18.2 nightly to fix jitter issues.

As for PSU, any 3 or 4A 5V from Alli(or any other supplier) will do.

Good luck.

Comment

Do you mean that HDMI audio splitter with coaxial out? Coaxial also doesn't support HD audio so it's not a solution I think. And if there is no sound coming from h96 box because of the firmware issues than how it can solve the problem anyway.

Comment

Rockchip Android 8 firmware doesn't support HD Audio.
                        It was only implemented in Android Pie or if you use Oreo firmware with the required patches released in March 2019 that manufacturers have to implement themselves.

Comment

So the only option is to run Libreelec from SD card?

Comment

So the only option is to run Libreelec from SD card?

H96 Max doesn't have official LibreELEC support.
                            LibreELEC also doesn't have HD Audio support for Rockchip devices, only the mainline one they are working on now but it's only for the RK3399 NanoPi, RockPro, Rock960 devices.

Comment

I've always upgraded firmware normally, but now all programs are giving error (AndroidTools, FactoryTool and Rockchip BatchTool) error when trying eraseflash and firmware upgrade, can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by RicardoBR View Post
                                I've always upgraded firmware normally, but now all programs are giving error (AndroidTools, FactoryTool and Rockchip BatchTool) error when trying eraseflash and firmware upgrade, can anyone help me?
                                Hi ,

what kind of Error ??? , please report ,

Drivers still installed ???

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                                X