H96 MAX RK3399 Tv Box 4/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh , so wishing I never bought this toy ,

ran out of anime that could be watched with hardware acceleration turned on ... so back to tinkering to get it working without a black screen ... shame I undid what ever I had to done to get sound working correctly m back to having it drop in and out after it working fine for the last year

Comment

You should try installing the 02.05.2018 firmware on it. Mine worked flawlessly on it with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Odd View Post
        You should try installing the 02.05.2018 firmware on it. Mine worked flawlessly on it with that one.
        Mine to. Plus it has HDMI /Color settings which later firmware removed for some reason I do believe

Comment

So nobody is having Google Playstore problems now?
          I went on vacation for about 3 weeks...My H96Max box which is on May 2, 2018 firmware
          was working great before I left...When I got back and turned on the box I found Google
          was pushing out an updated Playstore...Everytime I open that verson it crashes...
          I have to Uninstall Google Playstore Updates which restores the original hacked version that comes with H96 Max boxes..
          This allows me to updates apps...But as soon as I'm done updating apps the new version Playstore resinstalls itself
          which again will not work but crashes when opening. I thought by now someone else here would have been experiencing this
          but I haven't seen anything so I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this issue?? The new version Playstore installed it
          on my other two Amlogic boxes (T95z/S912) and it works fine on those boxes...Just this Rockchip box is a problem. Tried uninstalling
          Google Play store then reinstalling updated version from apkmirror.com but couldn't install/Said it was not for this platform...
          So is nobody else having this problem with their H96Max (Or have you found a fix?)

Comment

Originally posted by motox22a View Post
            So nobody is having Google Playstore problems now?
            I went on vacation for about 3 weeks...My H96Max box which is on May 2, 2018 firmware
            was working great before I left...When I got back and turned on the box I found Google
            was pushing out an updated Playstore...Everytime I open that verson it crashes...
            I have to Uninstall Google Playstore Updates which restores the original hacked version that comes with H96 Max boxes..
            This allows me to updates apps...But as soon as I'm done updating apps the new version Playstore resinstalls itself
            which again will not work but crashes when opening. I thought by now someone else here would have been experiencing this
            but I haven't seen anything so I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this issue?? The new version Playstore installed it
            on my other two Amlogic boxes (T95z/S912) and it works fine on those boxes...Just this Rockchip box is a problem. Tried uninstalling
            Google Play store then reinstalling updated version from apkmirror.com but couldn't install/Said it was not for this platform...
            So is nobody else having this problem with their H96Max (Or have you found a fix?)
            Hi ,

i have the same on my X99 / RK3399 , can not update the Playstore by it self , or with Apps

like APK.pure / Aptoide , strange , My Playstore is Version 7.8.36all , very old , and why shall

they install a "hacked Version" of Playstore ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

On my Amlogic boxes they also were using a Hacked version of the Playstore...On those I was able to "freeze" the Hacked version of the PlayStore and install an updated
              version of the PlayStore...The problem with the Rockchip box is I could probably do the same but if I can't find a current version of the PlayStore that will install to replace
              the hacked version. Since it seems common practice for these Chinese android boxes to use an unofficial version of the Playstore I can only guess that it has to
              do with licensing and that they are getting around that by installing a Hacked version of the Playstore. To be honest this Rockchip box has been nothing but a headache.
              On my Amlogic boxes I am able to backup and restore with TWRP...With the Rockchip box there is no such option available and when something goes wrong you are
              stuck having to reinstall which is a time consuming process even if you have APPs backed up. I don't believe I will be buying another Rockchip box as although the hardware
              CPU-wise was ahead of Amlogic...The software has always been sketchy and this box has now not been updated in a year. The RK3399 is now being relegated to a tinkerer's box
              for projects like NAS, etc.

Comment

On my Amlogic boxes they also were using a Hacked version of the Playstore...On those I was able to "freeze" the Hacked version of the PlayStore and install an updated
                version of the PlayStore...The problem with the Rockchip box is I could probably do the same but if I can't find a current version of the PlayStore that will install to replace
                the hacked version. Since it seems common practice for these Chinese android boxes to use an unofficial version of the Playstore I can only guess that it has to
                do with licensing and that they are getting around that by installing a Hacked version of the Playstore. To be honest this Rockchip box has been nothing but a headache.
                On my Amlogic boxes I am able to backup and restore with TWRP...With the Rockchip box there is no such option available and when something goes wrong you are
                stuck having to reinstall which is a time consuming process even if you have APPs backed up. I don't believe I will be buying another Rockchip box as although the hardware
                CPU-wise was ahead of Amlogic...The software has always been sketchy and this box has now not been updated in a year. The RK3399 is now being relegated to a tinkerer's box
                for projects like NAS, etc.
                Unfortunately Wechip, the manufacturer is to blame.
                They sell 'ship and forget' devices with zero support, it will be the same with any of their devices.
                A simple update to sync to Rockchip's latest code would have solved the Play Store problem more than a year ago.
                Rockchip already supports TWRP since last year for Android Pie.
                It would have been a great device had they decided to release Android Pie instead of releasing even more tv boxes with broken firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                  Hi,
                  i have the same on my X99 / RK3399 , can not update the Playstore by it self , or with App
                  like APK.pure / Aptoide , strange , My Playstore is Version 7.8.36all , very old , and why shall
                  they install a "hacked Version" of Playstore ???

greetings / gefattern
                  Have you tried force-updating the Playstore?
                  Using a Root Explorer/Filemanager,
                  First Force stop Playstore in settings and delete data in settings,
                  Second go to wherever original playstore APK is located /system/priv-app/vending or /system/priv-app/phonesky and delete that apk
                  Third insert new playstore apk in same location, making sure to Rename the new apk to match original, example Phonesky.apk
                  Finish by Rebooting device and the Playstore should install on boot and work normally after reboot.

I have done this on other chip tv boxes that were stubborn and wouldn't update the store and it has always worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Have you tried force-updating the Playstore?
                    Using a Root Explorer/Filemanager,
                    First Force stop Playstore in settings and delete data in settings,
                    Second go to wherever original playstore APK is located /system/priv-app/vending or /system/priv-app/phonesky and delete that apk
                    Third insert new playstore apk in same location, making sure to Rename the new apk to match original, example Phonesky.apk
                    Finish by Rebooting device and the Playstore should install on boot and work normally after reboot.

I have done this on other chip tv boxes that were stubborn and wouldn't update the store and it has always worked for me.
                    Hi ,

on Rockchip RK3399 too , or only AML Boxes ??? thanks , if it not works i must

reinstall again ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

on Rockchip RK3399 too , or only AML Boxes ??? thanks , if it not works i must

reinstall again ,

greetings / gefattern
                      If the firmware is not odexed then it might work to replace the Play Store and Play Services apps to the latest ones.
                      To check if firmware is odexed, in eg. /system/app/Calculator/ there mustn't be an 'oat' folder inside any folder.
                      Rockchip Pie firmwares are all odexed and some Oreo ones too, Nougat might still be the old way and you can replace apps normally.
                      You must also make sure to only use 32-bit(Arm) or 64-bit(arm64) apps together.
                      RK3399 can support 64-bit, but not sure what the other Google apps(20 of them) are, most likely 32-bit, then you should use 32-bit(arm, armeabi-v7a) only.
                      It's also better to use apps with 'nodpi' instead of '240' since the firmware might be setup as 160 or 213DPI, then 'nodpi' can work in all situations.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                        If the firmware is not odexed then it might work to replace the Play Store and Play Services apps to the latest ones.
                        To check if firmware is odexed, in eg. /system/app/Calculator/ there mustn't be an 'oat' folder inside any folder.
                        Rockchip Pie firmwares are all odexed and some Oreo ones too, Nougat might still be the old way and you can replace apps normally.
                        Even if the firmware is 'Odexed' you can still replace the APK manually like I stated in previous post, you would just have to go one step further and delete the 'oat' file containing the '.odex' before you reboot. Because, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't an '.odex' just a quick-start permanent cache for initializing the apk.

Comment

The updated apk is installing OK. The problem appears to be loading...When I attempt to open the new version it crashes when loading the Playstore home page. BUT if I get a Google Playstore notification in the upper bar I can click on that and it opens into the Playstore normally with the new version to the notification (Like for a new update). It's only when you try to open
                          the new Google Playstore and it tries to open the Playstore homepage is when it crashes. The workaround is to uninstall updates for Google Playstore and then quickly open it...You can do
                          your updates as normally using the original Playstore version. After you close the Playstore it will update again and you'll have to uninstall the update the next time you want to do Playstore updates.
                          The folder that Playstore is in on this box is /system/priv-app/phonesky
                          The original version of the Playstore which works is 6.4.12.c-ALL
                          The version that keeps updating to is 15.4.22-ALL

It's not a game ender for this box...It's just a pain in the rear to have to do this.

I did not see any oat folders when I looked around...

I also downloaded and installed mo123 playstore link from .apkmirror which was version 15.7.17-ALL...It did the same thing as the version that is autoinstalling...crashes when
                          opening the Playstore Homepage...But like I said the new versions will actually work if you get a notification from them...You can click on the notification and it will open the Playstore
                          to the app needing updated...It's just opening to the home page that is the problem with the new versions...

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Even if the firmware is 'Odexed' you can still replace the APK manually like I stated in previous post, you would just have to go one step further and delete the 'oat' file containing the '.odex' before you reboot. Because, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't an '.odex' just a quick-start permanent cache for initializing the apk.
                            Hi ,

i always debload my Rom , so no Calculator , but i am sure , it has no "odex" files , i heard the same about "odex" ,

helps starting apks faster , but i am not a Pro , the best would be , to test the PlayStore Problem with a fresh install ,

greetings / gefattern
                            Last edited by gefattern; 07-18-2019, 02:27. Reason: corrections

Comment

The updated apk is installing OK. The problem appears to be loading...When I attempt to open the new version it crashes when loading the Playstore home page. BUT if I get a Google Playstore notification in the upper bar I can click on that and it opens into the Playstore normally with the new version to the notification (Like for a new update). It's only when you try to open
                              the new Google Playstore and it tries to open the Playstore homepage is when it crashes. The workaround is to uninstall updates for Google Playstore and then quickly open it...You can do
                              your updates as normally using the original Playstore version. After you close the Playstore it will update again and you'll have to uninstall the update the next time you want to do Playstore updates.
                              The folder that Playstore is in on this box is /system/priv-app/phonesky
                              The original version of the Playstore which works is 6.4.12.c-ALL
                              The version that keeps updating to is 15.4.22-ALL

It's not a game ender for this box...It's just a pain in the rear to have to do this.

I did not see any oat folders when I looked around...

I also downloaded and installed mo123 playstore link from .apkmirror which was version 15.7.17-ALL...It did the same thing as the version that is autoinstalling...crashes when
                              opening the Playstore Homepage...But like I said the new versions will actually work if you get a notification from them...You can click on the notification and it will open the Playstore
                              to the app needing updated...It's just opening to the home page that is the problem with the new versions...
                              Hi ,

i tried it too , my Store now always crashes , looks like i must flash new ,

really stupid , no support for our RK3399 Boxes ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

The n6 gave similar errors at one point...
                                I believe I Uninstaller uupdates, wped data, loaded no dpi 64bit (v8ver.) from earlier this year.
                                Then backup via titanium, opened the app and immediately went to ps setting and killed auto updates.
                                I Never want the Google smuks to decide my operating inviroment, tinkering in my box.
                                ...it's been fine now for a couple of months. Definitely anti-n6 normalcy .
                                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X