This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninewaters View Post
    one issue that i just came across is that in my settings, i could not access screen overlay option, as the top bar is no longer functional. Just got to know, its known as action bar, missing on a number of apps such as china tunnel and also on the settings>apps>
    ?? top bar? you mean status bar? its funcional just drag it down!
    And i cleaned the rom dunno what is that china tunnel!

Comment

Hello SuperCeleron,

Can You add magisk root to this rom too ?

Thanks

Michael T.

3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
      CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
      Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
      Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
        Hello SuperCeleron,

Can You add magisk root to this rom too ?

Thanks

Michael T.
        For that is need to have a twrp build(good one...)
        Im busy now with other stuff, if i get some free time i will try to make one!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

For that is need to have a twrp build(good one...)
          Im busy now with other stuff, if i get some free time i will try to make one!
          Thanks
          Michael T
          3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
          CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
          Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
          Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Ok I downloaded the rom the drivers (Rockchip Driver Assistant 4.1) and the factorytool 1.39 but for some reason the drivers refuse to stick on my windows 10 PC and my windows 7 laptop

no matter what I try the box boots with the recovery button and usb plugged into the (blue) USB 3.0 port and device manager shows an unknown device and factorytool and RKbatch tool never detect the device

is it possible my box is bad and not actually going into recovery ? I have used the same USB cord to flash a Beelink just a couple days ago but it had the S912 in it.

any hints or tips would be great..

OK I got it with the 4.4 Driver Assistant on the Window 10 PC
            Rom is running smooth wifi works updated SuperSU and installing apps now
            Last edited by clsA; 08-02-2017, 21:31.

Comment

Is there anyway to change the ROM to regular android? I don't like not accessing certain apps or having everything oversized (ie. NordVPN, Spotify)

Comment

Update ... the Rom works really well except the darn autohide notification and launch bar are nearly impossible to get to show, it sometimes takes dozens of tries and gets very frustrating when your just looking for the recent apps button. Thanks again for making this rom it really is 10x better than stock.

Comment

well im now going to make a A7 rom for this one.
                  Lets see how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron
                    well im now going to make a A7 rom for this one.
                    Lets see how it goes!
                    Sounds good.. seems not allot of us have this box

If you need a tester I'm available.

The current Rom is working really well.
                    I brought this as a replacement to my Fire TV that got took out by lightning.

N64 emulation is working pretty good at 640x480
                    GTA SA and VC are running steady 30fps with everything set to 90% and Medium

FTMC works nice and smooth, much faster than Kodi 17.3

File copy from ext.sd to internal is lighting fast

Box seems like a keeper to me, it's much faster than the s912 I bought first. But it was twice the price so it's a tough decision.

Bottom line is if emulation is important to you this is worth the extra money but kick in a few bucks more and you have a Nvidia shield

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Comment

But early bench marks may mean its a bit better then the 16 gig shield
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014
                        But early bench marks may mean its a bit better then the 16 gig shield
                        It is a fast box and can only get better with are friend Superceleron's help

Comment

Just installed this ROM instead of the Android 7 ROM, and have immediately hit a different problem, also very major

In Play Store, many vital apps are saying "not compatible with this device"

It won't let me install any of the following apps :
                          The pattern seems to be: network/VPN related apps (but not all), and video player apps?

EDIT: Even Google Chrome can't be installed!?

Any idea why this is happening? I could install these apps fine on the H96 Pro+, in both Android 6 and Android 7.

Is there some change I can make to build.prop to make these apps compatible? (Or maybe it is related to DRM? - I just saw some mention of missing DRM in a YouTube review of the H96 Max.. But then why Chrome and VPN apps??)

If this is expected then clearly I should have researched the H96 Max more before I purchased it Looks like it is nowhere near as usable as the H96 Pro+.

But it just seems crazy that even Google Chrome can't be installed - surely a bug?
                          Last edited by TheBloke; 08-15-2017, 00:44.

Comment

ignore this post (thanks moderator!)
                            Last edited by TheBloke; 08-15-2017, 00:21.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBloke
                              I made a post that hasn't appeared - could a mod please enable it? I guess it was blocked because I put a number of links in it (all to Google Play store).

I want to add some more info, but it won't make any sense without the original post.
                              I see both posts in Tapatalk

All you have to do is install the app you need from a website like apkmirror or apkpure

You can also use es file explorer and backup the apps you want on the 96pro+ to a flash drive then move the drive to the new box and install them

Comment

Originally posted by clsA View Post
                                All you have to do is install the app you need from a website like apkmirror or apkpure

You can also use es file explorer and backup the apps you want on the 96pro+ to a flash drive then move the drive to the new box and install them
                                Hmm, yes it appears this does work (at least for some apps) - I had assumed that if they wouldn't install, they also wouldn't work.

But of course this is hugely inconvenient - I have paid-for apps that I won't be able to get unless I find a pirate copy, and then I will have to keep re-downloading them to get updates rather than have them just auto-update. And even using Aptoide for the free apps relies on up-to-date apkmirror etc copies being available soon after Play Store is updated.

However it might also be good news - if they apps do work, then surely it's just a minor bug that causes Play to think they won't? Some settings change that can be made to make Play know that this device supports all these apps? Eg build.prop or whatever the main settings file is called.

However, I am not yet sure that all the apps do actually work. I installed BBC iPlayer and YouTube ATV from Aptoide and both seem to be fine.

But I also installed OpenVPN Connect, and although it opens fine, there's no visible menu. I can't configure it or use it in any way because I can't find the Settings menu, it's just not visible. I tried various keyboard shortcuts as well, but couldn't find any way to get a menu to pop up.

Something weird is going on and I wish I understood what was different about the H96 Max. No doubt SC can explain though.

I will go test some other apps as well.
                                Last edited by TheBloke; 08-15-2017, 15:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X