Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update: I just flashed back to one of the stock 6.0.1 ROMs and confirmed that the same issue exists there. I can't install the same apps from Play.

But then I flashed SC's 7.1.2 ROM, and I can install every app on there.

So it looks like an underlying issue in the stock 6.0.1 ROM, which has carried over to SC's ROM? But not an issue in the 7.1.2 ROM. And therefore not specific to the device itself (that was probably pretty obvious.)

This is really frustrating, because I feel like I'm caught between multiple bugs I would love to use the 7.1.2 ROM, but I can't find a single TV that work with it because of the HDMI kernel bug. So instead I thought I'd use 6.0.1, but that has a different problem that makes installing apps a major pain.

To add to that, last night I used the H96 Max (in 6.0.1 ROM) to watch some 1080P Westworld (HEVC) in FTMC, and it was choppy as hell - really bad, obviously dropping frames all over the place.

Maybe I will throw the H96 Max in a drawer for a couple of months and just use the H96 Pro+

Nah, I will keep playing with it. If I could just find one monitor that can display a 1080p picture in the 7.1.2 ROM, I could at least get it set up and test it out and then maybe the HDMI bug will be fixed before too long. Or if SC can fix this Google Play issue, then I might persevere with testing out the A6 ROM.
    Last edited by TheBloke; 08-15-2017, 16:56.

Comment

That problem of the playstore is because that apps now detect if you have a rooted box (read SafetyNet Android).

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
        That problem of the playstore is because that apps now detect if you have a rooted box (read SafetyNet Android).
        OK yeah I heard about that.. but then why does it work fine on rooted A7 ROM? And why do all these apps install fine from Play on other rooted A6 and A7 ROMs (eg on H96 Pro+)?

Also the list of apps that don't work is very strange - for example, Tincore Keymapper won't work, and this is an app that uses root and highly recommends a rooted device, so surely it shouldn't be blocked on rooted devices. And it installs fine through Play Store on all the other rooted devices I have tried.

Or here's an even weirder example: Superuser! This app requires root, so surely it can't be blocked on a rooted device?

Same thing also applies to Root Checker

I do understand that apps like Netflix will now be blocked because of SafetyNet - but I am seeing far more apps than just Netflix and YouTube. Dozens and dozens, literally about 50% of all the apps in my library.

Have you been able to confirm it's definitely SafetyNet or the CTS thing (Compatibility Test Suite) blocking all these apps? If so I'd really be grateful to understand why it also blocks root-only apps, and why it works fine on other ROMs, both A6 and A7?

Or is it something about how this A6 ROM is rooted - different to others? Any further info would be really appreciated,

Comment

Because this the base of this rom is from stock, and stock A6 3399 are a piece of shit
          I cant fix a lot of bugs but not all m8, many of them need to be in the source!
          Let wait for another kernel build to see if they fix the EDID problem on 7, they know about the problem!

Comment

Because this the base of this rom is from stock, and stock A6 3399 are a piece of shit
            I cant fix a lot of bugs but not all m8, many of them need to be in the source!
            Let wait for another kernel build to see if they fix the EDID problem on 7, they know about the problem!
            All right mate, no worries. I really appreciate all your great work, and I do understand you can't clear up every mess these vendors make! I was hoping maybe it could be a simple configuration fix or something, but I guess not.

I will put the H96 Max aside for now and go back to playing with and configuring the H96 Pro+. Hopefully the A7 kernel will be fixed in time, and then the A7 ROM will be very usable.

Thanks again

Comment

About the supersu cant be install etc..
              I know the problem, is xposed, if i remove it i bet it will work!

Comment

I will build a test build in 2 or 3hours and post it here for you to try it! (lucky you i never ever rls a public test build LOL )

Comment

well forget it, i cant fix it even if i unroot it and remove xposed!
                  I think is because they compiled this A6 build as Android TV....
                  So no use make another
                  Sorry!

Comment

Ok... i think i fixed it.... im going to upload a test version for you to test!
                    Updated FTMC to build 30 (HEVC should be working fine) on h264 1080p if you get a green screen go to settings a disable rkcodec, but you need to enable it back you are going to use HEVC files!
                    Added another youtube app, dont try the one from playstore it wont work...
                    THE ROM IS UNROOTED!

Comment

here you go.... THIS IS A TEST BUILD!

Comment

It works All apps installable in Google Play. Thanks so much for all your extra effort.

I've not tested FTMC or anything else yet, just installed the ROM and checked Google Play. Will have a bit more of a play around later.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBloke View Post
                          It works All apps installable in Google Play. Thanks so much for all your extra effort.

I've not tested FTMC or anything else yet, just installed the ROM and checked Google Play. Will have a bit more of a play around later.

Thanks again!
                          Glads you like it, enjoy it... i still thinking if i mark this one as V2 or not!

Comment

Glads you like it, enjoy it... i still thinking if i mark this one as V2 or not!
                            Hello SC,

Could You please Update the IR codes for some reason this version of the Build is Missing 3 IR Remote codes all the rest work fine.
                            Very Strange ...

The Below 3 codes are Missing ...
                            ir_key1 { rockchip,usercode = <0x4040>; rockchip,key_table = <0xf0 0xe3 0xea>; }; Any chance You can Add them back in .. Please ... Thanks In advance ... Michael T.
                            3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                            CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                            Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                            Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

• superceleron
                              superceleron commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I cant now, i already put the box in storage again! And im really busy with GT1 SCV10A and doing a custom rom for the VIM2 board...
                              You can do it, check the kl's maybe i forgot to add something... is normal i have so many shit to do!

Hello SC,

The Remote works fine except these three (Keys) keycodes ... I have tried everything and they are Missing from the Base Scan Codes ...
                            the Kl file ... Is fine but the codes are not being returned by the IR scan ... the rest of the remote works fine ..
                            and all of the other codes are returning ...on this remote ...

The Below 3 codes are Missing ...
                            ir_key1 {
                            rockchip,usercode = <0x4040>;
                            rockchip,key_table = <0xf0 0xe3 0xea>;
                            };

Any chance You can Add them back in .. Please ...
                            Thanks In advance ...
                            Michael T.
                            3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                            CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                            Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                            Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Friends at home I use tv Samsung LE37C530F1W LCD tv, H96 Max device box Android 7.1.2 version. As I pulled out of the box and no playing with the setting I tried, but I couldn't get the sound in any way. HDMI cables with a different cable this experiment I am suspecting did. The result is the same.

Moreover, it is a different model apparatus LCD TV using HDMİ cable to both. No device problem. ...

H96 MAX with my taking a different satellite device bring together I came home. I upgraded my tv software and I'm back to factory settings. When I brought with me the other I tried both HDMİ cable satellite device. The result is perfectly normal, no problem.

H96 MAX is the same problem when I try to tie. Image, but there's no sound again.

Comment

Working...
                              X