X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you tried it over System Settings "Accounts" ???

good luck / gefattern
    Yes, I went into System Settings to ACCOUNTs..and it wouldn't log in. Just jumped right out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyle View Post

Yes, I went into System Settings to ACCOUNTs..and it wouldn't log in. Just jumped right out.
      Hi ,

look at post #239 , think this helps , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

look at post #239 , think this helps , good luck / gefattern
        ok, THAT worked.. I did not try it earlier, quite honestly, because I was used to the TWRP method from doing other boxes. DID the full Wipe as you described and GOOGLE login is working.

Now, another problem: my VPN (PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS) app is crashing. I can get it to work but by using ICON on STATUS bar (?) but I can't get into it to configure it. It crashes as soon as I try to get into it to configure it. I tried installing earlier version but that does the same "crash and burn" thing when I try to get into it to configure it.

Comment

ok, THAT worked.. I did not try it earlier, quite honestly, because I was used to the TWRP method from doing other boxes. DID the full Wipe as you described and GOOGLE login is working.

Now, another problem: my VPN (PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS) app is crashing. I can get it to work but by using ICON on STATUS bar (?) but I can't get into it to configure it. It crashes as soon as I try to get into it to configure it. I tried installing earlier version but that does the same "crash and burn" thing when I try to get into it to configure it.
          Hi ,

what about the System VPN settings , ever tried ???

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I can Switch ON the VPN to ALWAYS ON.... but I still can not configure the VPN. Luckily it defaults to AUTO so it's working for me, I just wish I could configure it (without it crashing).

I noticed Titanium Backup has same problem... when I try to activate it, it crashes. ROOT is confirmed, through a root checking APP. So I dunno what it could be.

Comment

I can Switch ON the VPN to ALWAYS ON.... but I still can not configure the VPN. Luckily it defaults to AUTO so it's working for me, I just wish I could configure it (without it crashing).

I noticed Titanium Backup has same problem... when I try to activate it, it crashes. ROOT is confirmed, through a root checking APP. So I dunno what it could be.
              Hi ,

so you only can hope that Superceleron will release a SCV2 , with fixes , but i have some similar Problems

with TB , it works , but the Button , right top Corner , to start , backup or restore more then one App , does

not exist , but this Bug exist on other Devices too , think it is a 7.1.2 Problem , hope you can find working

Solution for your Problems ,

you say "root is confirmed by checking App" , but this means not SuperSU , or what did you mean , without

SuperSU confirm , TB , can not work ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I don't have TWRP recovery, So I'd be doing this "Wipe" in the dos-like Recovery built-in to SCV1-beta?
                1.Boot in Original recovery
                2.make a full wipe (Factory Reset)
                3. Reboot and login (Google)

btw there is no TWRP for this box

Comment

Originally posted by dnlln15 View Post

1.Boot in Original recovery
                  2.make a full wipe (Factory Reset)
                  3. Reboot and login (Google)

btw there is no TWRP for this box
                  DNLLn15 - I found one TWRP file posted at TWRP (TWRP-3.2.1-rk3399_box-20180327.img) for the RK3399 boxes, and I can honestly say it does not work. I installed it using TWRP Official APP and the Alfawise H96 MAX box would not boot to it when rebooting to RECOVERY.

Geffatern,
                  Thanks for your help, too. The app I used to confirm ROOT was one I'd had for a long time - so I don't remember the name of it. In my original Burn of SCV1, Everything WAS functioning correctly - including TITanium and PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS app (my VPN app).

I find it hard to believe everything WAS working in my original burn of Superceleron's SCV1-Beta for this box, considering all the problems I'm having since re-burning it the second time around. I am about to reburn SCV1 to my box and will find out what it going on.

Comment

Very Strange- I tried to re-burn SCV1 on my box using FACTORY TOOLS 1.63 (RESTORE option) and now I'm getting PREPARE IDB FAIL.

That's strange, Huh?

.................................................. .............................................
                    Update #1:
                    well NEXT, I decided to try RKBatchTool 1.8, since that seems to burn the firmware easily - SUCCESS! (for the burning, anyway - No IDB FAIL).

Just to be sure cache were cleaned out, I rebooted to recovery and WIPED System(?) Cache's

Now to try box!

.................................................. ........................................
                    Update#2:

Installed various Apps, including ROOT CHECKER 4.3.8 by JRUMMY, P.I.A (my VPN App) and Youtube Vanced 13.49.52 (latest)

Verified ROOT, BusyBox and SU installed, as per JRummy's app (ROOT CHECKER)

Hmm... Tried my VPN app, It CRASHED! as soon as I logged On.

Titanium Backup - ALSO Crashed!

Don't understand WHY since ROOT is confirmed ...

Don't want to bother with GOOGLE ACCOUNT right now. ....so Will write back tomorrow with further results, since it is VERY Late (now after 1am!)
                    Last edited by Wyle; 01-14-2019, 06:10.

Comment

Very Strange- I tried to re-burn SCV1 on my box using FACTORY TOOLS 1.63 (RESTORE option) and now I'm getting PREPARE IDB FAIL.

That's strange, Huh?

.................................................. .............................................
                      Update #1:
                      well NEXT, I decided to try RKBatchTool 1.8, since that seems to burn the firmware easily - SUCCESS! (for the burning, anyway - No IDB FAIL).

Just to be sure cache were cleaned out, I rebooted to recovery and WIPED System(?) Cache's

Now to try box!

.................................................. ........................................
                      Update#2:

Installed various Apps, including ROOT CHECKER 4.3.8 by JRUMMY, P.I.A (my VPN App) and Youtube Vanced 13.49.52 (latest)

Verified ROOT, BusyBox and SU installed, as per JRummy's app (ROOT CHECKER)

Hmm... Tried my VPN app, It CRASHED! as soon as I logged On.

Titanium Backup - ALSO Crashed!

Don't understand WHY since ROOT is confirmed ...

Don't want to bother with GOOGLE ACCOUNT right now. ....so Will write back tomorrow with further results, since it is VERY Late (now after 1am!)
                      Hi ,

maybe you first have to go back to Stockrom for restore , after that maybe the SCV1 ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

maybe you first have to go back to Stockrom for restore , after that maybe the SCV1 ,

good luck / gefattern
                        Ok, Ending up going back to Stock ROM (5-2-2018), using FACTORY TOOL 1.63 (RESTORE Function), Reinstalling Driver, etc. - The strangest thing is that Even AFTER 8 attempts to RESTORE burn SCV1 with various tools (RKDevTool, aka AndroidTools; Factory tools 1.63, RKBatch Tool, etc.), I could not get box to work as it did before...with Titanium and P.I.A. Vpn App working fine.

At one point, I had to use MASKEROM method (shorting Pins C&D worked for me, BUT not A&B on my "9377" board) after I kept getting DOWNLOAD BOOT FAIL (got stuck at H96 Logo upon booting up) and later, burning until it reached PREPARE IDB FAIL.

So I ended with going back to Stock ROM, thinking there is something that is NOT getting erased but perhaps using STOCK Rom *WILL* erase it.

So AFTER going back to STOCK ROM (5-2-2018), the end result is that I still have SAME problem as I did with SCV1 - Titanium backup crashes, and P.i.a VPN will crash but i can still turn it on PERMANENTLY through NETWORK , VPN option. But I am tired and leaving it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw Gefatten, I had to research this MASKROM issue and found a series of posts between you and someone from Brazil... and I noticed that you two were MISCOMMUNICATING because of Google Translate. I speak American English, also Spanish (similar to Portuguese spoken in Brazil) and a few other European languages, and it made me laugh when I realized why you two weren't getting along...

AT one point he WAS trying to say he didn't know "WHICH Two of the TWO PAIRS of POINTS on board to "short" AND be able to plug in the USB cable... But Google translated it as something else.. he didn't know HOW to SHORT two pins.

When I read the translation he posted, it didn't sound as if he knew what you had asked him to do.. So your response was irate because he "Seemed" less knowledgeable.

But it was to become funny to me because it later understood what he was trying to say when I translated HIS google translation Back to "spanish" and realized where the mistake was. Google didn't translate his way of relaxed way of speaking (Idioms) but instead translated the words he actually USED to English = that results in loss of words and the changing of meaning in those words. Much the same as though if you had used a foreign word in the middle of a long sentence to better explain a concept that doesn't translate, the way we do in America - Google would have left those words out in the translation and changed the meaning of the entire sentence or speech.

From your past responses to me, I believe you are also using Google Translate... so I can see where the miscommunication came in and how it was proliferated forward to make a real mess of things.

The PHoto that pointed out the TWO sets of points (A&B,C&D) that could be shorted was Small and made FUZZY when I blew it up. Someone really needs to re-do that photo in higher resolution, pointing out those 4 Points. I had the same board but was too engrossed in my problem to re-take photo. Maybe I can do so another time. But unlike your example, shorting out pins A&B did not work for me. On my board (using 9377 wifi chip), shorting out pins C&D got the box into MASKROM mode and sucessfully burning the stock ROM on Factory Tools (and also on RKDev Tool on previous attempt).

Thanks all for your postings and helpful advise. I think after this experience I will end up getting a stripped down NVidia box next year since I can find one only a few dollars more than I paid for this H96 MAX from Banggood and GearBest! ($170 vs $130)
                        Last edited by Wyle; 01-16-2019, 18:04.

Comment

Ok, Ending up going back to Stock ROM (5-2-2018), using FACTORY TOOL 1.63 (RESTORE Function), Reinstalling Driver, etc. - The strangest thing is that Even AFTER 8 attempts to RESTORE burn SCV1 with various tools (RKDevTool, aka AndroidTools; Factory tools 1.63, RKBatch Tool, etc.), I could not get box to work as it did before...with Titanium and P.I.A. Vpn App working fine.

At one point, I had to use MASKEROM method (shorting Pins C&D worked for me, BUT not A&B on my "9377" board) after I kept getting DOWNLOAD BOOT FAIL (got stuck at H96 Logo upon booting up) and later, burning until it reached PREPARE IDB FAIL.

So I ended with going back to Stock ROM, thinking there is something that is NOT getting erased but perhaps using STOCK Rom *WILL* erase it.

So AFTER going back to STOCK ROM (5-2-2018), the end result is that I still have SAME problem as I did with SCV1 - Titanium backup crashes, and P.i.a VPN will crash but i can still turn it on PERMANENTLY through NETWORK , VPN option. But I am tired and leaving it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw Gefatten, I had to research this MASKROM issue and found a series of posts between you and someone from Brazil... and I noticed that you two were MISCOMMUNICATING because of Google Translate. I speak American English, also Spanish (similar to Portuguese spoken in Brazil) and a few other European languages, and it made me laugh when I realized why you two weren't getting along...

AT one point he WAS trying to say he didn't know "WHICH Two of the TWO PAIRS of POINTS on board to "short" AND be able to plug in the USB cable... But Google translated it as something else.. he didn't know HOW to SHORT two pins.

When I read the translation he posted, it didn't sound as if he knew what you had asked him to do.. So your response was irate because he "Seemed" less knowledgeable.

But it was to become funny to me because it later understood what he was trying to say when I translated HIS google translation Back to "spanish" and realized where the mistake was. Google didn't translate his way of relaxed way of speaking (Idioms) but instead translated the words he actually USED to English = that results in loss of words and the changing of meaning in those words. Much the same as though if you had used a foreign word in the middle of a long sentence to better explain a concept that doesn't translate, the way we do in America - Google would have left those words out in the translation and changed the meaning of the entire sentence or speech.

From your past responses to me, I believe you are also using Google Translate... so I can see where the miscommunication came in and how it was proliferated forward to make a real mess of things.

The PHoto that pointed out the TWO sets of points (A&B,C&D) that could be shorted was Small and made FUZZY when I blew it up. Someone really needs to re-do that photo in higher resolution, pointing out those 4 Points. I had the same board but was too engrossed in my problem to re-take photo. Maybe I can do so another time. But unlike your example, shorting out pins A&B did not work for me. On my board (using 9377 wifi chip), shorting out pins C&D got the box into MASKROM mode and sucessfully burning the stock ROM on Factory Tools (and also on RKDev Tool on previous attempt).

Thanks all for your postings and helpful advise. I think after this experience I will end up getting a stripped down NVidia box next year since I can find one only a few dollars more than I paid for this H96 MAX from Banggood and GearBest! ($170 vs $130)
                          Hi ,

sounds not nice , but i think it has to do with the used cheap Nands & other Chips , so all the

installing / uninstalling / flashing / restoring , bricked it , maybe are Sectors inside corrupted ,

maybe if all Sectors get back to "0" , it helps , but sure there are no Apps that can handle that ,

i think , i have only one Tool that can do that "RK Development Tool 1.7" ,

it can erase IDB Blocks & all Blocks , but if this is the right Way , if it helps , or maybe bricks

your Box , i cant say , i am no Dev. , we need one that can explain what this Functions really

do ,

about "Google Translate" Guys , i only use it for some words , if i am unsure , if it is correct

written / spelled , or not , i am from Germany , i only speak good old "School English" from

great GREAT Island , but i hope that nearly anybody here can understand what i mean , i had

similar Problems like you discribed with my UT3 ,

but no restore possible since now , only SDboot ,

good luck / greetings / gefattern

Comment

What a surprise you mentioned "RK Development Tool 1.7"... That is what I ended up using, and it WORKED - sort of.

The first time I tried it, to burn SCV1, it made the box the same.. PIA vpn would crash (only usable using System too (Network/VPN) to turn it on. Titanium would still crash, no fix there.

So I went back... This time I saw the ERASE FLASH function, and once I hit that, I saw it was finally trying to ERASE the ROM! So finally, some progress. Only this time I had gone back to burning the latest OEM Rom... Dated 7-13-2018. I tried another ROM, dated about the same for the RKM MK99 box but I never burned that right so I don't know if it works. Funny thing was the RKM OEM Rom required New Drivers AFTER I burned it to be able to recognize box...

SUPERCELERON, if you Are reading this LOOK AT the "RKM MK39 TV Box RK3399" Rom - I liked this RKM Rom... it has a lot of new fixes and features, including VP9 & VP10 codecs! Pretty exciting to consider for use as a base for the Alfawise H96 MAX box, since it has the same "internal components" except for a few extra's.

The box is on Gearbest: RKM MK39 TV Box RK3399 - https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1...orGoodsReviews

Here is the link for their latest OEM rom dated 7-13-2018: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-3.html

I tried it on my system and although I I had not burned the ROm correctly, I could still boot it's recovery. And I noticed it had a better RECOVERY rom(?) that our current SCV1 Rom has.

So as I said, i got my box latest (7-13-2018) OEM ROM burned successfully with "RK Development Tool 1.7". I had tried FACTORY Tool, BATCH tool, and ANDROID tool(?), but those didn't or wouldn't erase the box well enough.

Oh, the latest oem ROM seems to be working faster, and brighter than I remember. It Still retains some issues, but my VPN works although Titanium won't. Soo I am much closer! But I don't know if I will go up to SCV1, for now. I can get YouTube in 4K if I use Youtube -Vanced 13.50.52 on the OEM ROM. So family is happy, and I am too, for now!

Comment

What a surprise you mentioned "RK Development Tool 1.7"... That is what I ended up using, and it WORKED - sort of.

The first time I tried it, to burn SCV1, it made the box the same.. PIA vpn would crash (only usable using System too (Network/VPN) to turn it on. Titanium would still crash, no fix there.

So I went back... This time I saw the ERASE FLASH function, and once I hit that, I saw it was finally trying to ERASE the ROM! So finally, some progress. Only this time I had gone back to burning the latest OEM Rom... Dated 7-13-2018. I tried another ROM, dated about the same for the RKM MK99 box but I never burned that right so I don't know if it works. Funny thing was the RKM OEM Rom required New Drivers AFTER I burned it to be able to recognize box...

SUPERCELERON, if you Are reading this LOOK AT the "RKM MK39 TV Box RK3399" Rom - I liked this RKM Rom... it has a lot of new fixes and features, including VP9 & VP10 codecs! Pretty exciting to consider for use as a base for the Alfawise H96 MAX box, since it has the same "internal components" except for a few extra's.

The box is on Gearbest: RKM MK39 TV Box RK3399 - https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1...orGoodsReviews

Here is the link for their latest OEM rom dated 7-13-2018: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-3.html

I tried it on my system and although I I had not burned the ROm correctly, I could still boot it's recovery. And I noticed it had a better RECOVERY rom(?) that our current SCV1 Rom has.

So as I said, i got my box latest (7-13-2018) OEM ROM burned successfully with "RK Development Tool 1.7". I had tried FACTORY Tool, BATCH tool, and ANDROID tool(?), but those didn't or wouldn't erase the box well enough.

Oh, the latest oem ROM seems to be working faster, and brighter than I remember. It Still retains some issues, but my VPN works although Titanium won't. Soo I am much closer! But I don't know if I will go up to SCV1, for now. I can get YouTube in 4K if I use Youtube -Vanced 13.50.52 on the OEM ROM. So family is happy, and I am too, for now!
                              Hi ,

nice to hear that there are some good results for you , hope you can fix it finally ,

hope it was no Problem to find "RK Dev Tool 1.7" ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I believe that you are talking about me, I am Brazilian, and I had a hard time communicating with them through google translator, and even after so much trouble, until today I never managed to make my tv box work again, never leave the home screen and ja I tried everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X