What ROM could be used on CSA96 rk3399?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ROM could be used on CSA96 rk3399?

Hi I purchased a box CSA96 rk3399 4G/32G (https://www.banggood.com/CSA96-ROCKC...p-1129857.html).
    Who can tell me whether the ROM for AlfaWise H96 Max or Yundoo Y8 (both are based on rk3399) is suitable for my CSA3399?
    Or do you know if any good ROM could be installed on my box?
    Thank you very very much!!!

I've found the ROMs between the CSA96 and R-TV K99 to be interchangeable.
    My guess is the R99 probably is as well, and intend to test the https://www.entertainmentbox.com/lat...oted-unrooted/

Comment

I am also looking at what I can to my CSA96. My issue is I'm coming from nexus, One plus, Samsung and Motorola devices that use TWRP recovery. So I'm a little new to flashing rockchip devices. I do have a Minix Neo 8-H and have used the great Bob Finless work on it and it's not too hard to follow. Put the rom on the root of a formated SD card and reboot. Recovery Auto detects and you install. I have been reading about flash tools that I need for the CSA96 though. Are there any good video tutorials and Links to the needed tools? Thank you in advance for any help. I am kind of new to this way of flashing but do know my way around Android.

Comment

Also looking to update this firmware for csa96 or R-TV K99. I know they pretty much use the same firmware. I have switched back and forth between the two. And csa96 seems to be a little better. But that was back in March 2017

Comment

Originally posted by srircrazie View Post
          Also looking to update this firmware for csa96 or R-TV K99. I know they pretty much use the same firmware. I have switched back and forth between the two. And csa96 seems to be a little better. But that was back in March 2017
          If you don't mind me asking, how do we do this?

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post

If you don't mind me asking, how do we do this?
            What I remember, it was a pain. I hooked it to my laptop for flashing. No power plug needed. Used the USB C cable. Then hooked to TV. Took about 5min to finally getting something in the screen. I'm looking for a link now. It's been awhile

Comment

Originally posted by srircrazie View Post
              What I remember, it was a pain. I hooked it to my laptop for flashing. No power plug needed. Used the USB C cable. Then hooked to TV. Took about 5min to finally getting something in the screen. I'm looking for a link now. It's been awhile
              Thank you. I downloaded the rockchip creat upgrade disk tool v1.4 but there is no instructions that I can find to use it...lol. I was going to try to do this tonight but if I have to install the tool in my PC then ill wait till morning to do it. I am hoping this rooted firmware will allow me to spoof this device so that the PlayStire will allow me to install more than a very small amount of apps.

Comment

I tried the EBox R99 firmware on mine which is Android 6.0.1 but it has no bluetooth, everything else worked though and i like it better then the stock CSA96 firmware but i need the bluetooth for my controller

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                  I tried the EBox R99 firmware on mine which is Android 6.0.1 but it has no bluetooth, everything else worked though and i like it better then the stock CSA96 firmware but i need the bluetooth for my controller
                  Hi ,

first , if already a Thread exists , dont make a new one use the existing Thread ,

try the X99 Roms if Wifichip is the same ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Wow, you get flamed for making a new post, and flamed for reviving an old one.

I had a feeling i donated to this site to early

Comment

Wow, you get flamed for making a new post, and flamed for reviving an old one.

I had a feeling i donated to this site to early
                      Hi ,

nobody get flamed , it only was a Info , for both , Post and Rom ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I guess what rom COULD work and what rom IS working are the same thing?

The OP wants to try other roms

I want one that IS WORKING and working on those who have the CSA96 specifically not something close enough

Comment

Magicsee N6, mk39, r99 roms work with csa96.

Comment

Originally posted by astatin13 View Post
                            Magicsee N6, mk39, r99 roms work with csa96.
                            Which one do you use? which one do you recommend?

I still havnt found a rom to work with my CSA96,

Everything ive found either has dead links or i cant get the rom to load

The ebox R99 rom works ok but the bluetooth must be the wrong chip or something it doesnt work.Im not good enough yet to update a file t patch a rom to get stuff to work

I used TWRP to back up the stock rom but i must not of used the right version because i cant get it to go back.

Can anyone who has one of these tell me what rom your using that actually works and is stable?
                            Im not even finding the stock rom anywhere.

Comment

Which one do you use? which one do you recommend?

I still havnt found a rom to work with my CSA96,

Everything ive found either has dead links or i cant get the rom to load

The ebox R99 rom works ok but the bluetooth must be the wrong chip or something it doesnt work.Im not good enough yet to update a file t patch a rom to get stuff to work

I used TWRP to back up the stock rom but i must not of used the right version because i cant get it to go back.

Can anyone who has one of these tell me what rom your using that actually works and is stable?
                              Im not even finding the stock rom anywhere.
                              With MK39 I have sound issue. Its related with old tv version I think. I didnt like Magicsee rom because it gives so much stopped error. For R99 there is 2 version which 6.0 and 7.1.2. I used both and 7.1.2 best stable rom for our CSA96 devices. I also tried to install x99 roms H96 roms Yundo roms and I couldnt boot

Comment

Working...
                              X