X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Yundoo Y8 Android 7.1.2 - SCV1

Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
    Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!

Changelog V1:
    • Based on stock
    • Added ATV screensaver ( Default 5 min. )
    • General optimization, should be smoother and faster!
    • Fixed screen orientation.
    • Some house clean!
    • Mem usage lot better now.
    • Boot a lot faster, emmc also faster!
    • Youtube 4K support ( using youtube atv app version 2 )
    • Fixed search crash in youtube atv app.
    • Double press or long press in Home button brings app kill/switch menu.
    • Fixed settings actionbar.
    • A more ATV feel.
    • Added the Navigation Bar
    • Added Status/Navigation bar auto hide, so don't show anymore on Youtube and other apps!
    • Added a setup wizard.
    • Organized some boot scripts.
    • Added lots of kl's.
    • Netflix, youtube, playstore...etc... fully working.
    • Many Gamepads supported.
    • Gapps updated
    • Lots Permissions fixed.
    • FTMC Build 31 RKversion ( The best player for this device, dont forget to enable all RKCodec options in "system" )
    • Fixed RKcodec Playback and fractional HDMI in FTMC. (Fractional HDMI Only works in the 3328 and 3399)
    • Added a few apps...
    • Updated some codecs
    • Added SC modded WeOS launcher ( Menu button on the remote is your friend in this launcher )
    • And a lot of other under the hood changes.

Bugs V1:
    • Don't try Magisk, it wont work!
    • The rom is rooted with supersu 2.82 BUT NO supersu app due to some Incompatibilities, and if you add it DONT UPDATE SU BINARY YOU WILL GET A BOOT LOOP!
    • I bet a lot more Bugs...

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Search the forum for instructions, is the same as all other rk boxes...
    • This box if you want to use a external USB HDD powered by the box you need at least a 3Amps PSU.

Where to buy:

1º BOOT MAY TAKE AROUND 5 MINUTES MAYBE LESS!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 01-06-2023, 16:09.

Thanks, i like your jobs, i from Brasil.

Comment

Thank you so much . I'll try it tonight or tomorrow.

BTW, is there any way to backup my FTMC configurations and addons and export on this one?

Also, I use a 3TB external HDD. It was working fine with your A6 ROM. With A7 it requires a special PSU? If so, can you recommend one?

Thanks!

Comment

General optimization, should be smoother and faster!
        Wonder, what test 7.1.2 SCV1 in AnTuTu (benchmark CPU)
        Yundoo Y8 A6 [RK3399]

Comment

capelo

Hello, there is a backup add-on available for Kodi, FTMC, etc. If you look under programs/get more. It is called "Backup", it should be able to back up your add-ons, add-on data, etc. I have used it many times successfully. I don't recall if I used it on FTMC, but I am fairly confident that it will work.
          Just make sure to set backup location to something other than the box, like a flash drive or SD card.

Comment

BidonX99 You can see the test by trebor. I'll also install on my Y8 tonight and do the bench tests.
            Originally posted by trebor View Post
            A few quick test using Custom Rom

RISCy Dude Thank you! I'll try it tonight

Comment

sweet rom works well for me if you accepted real money £s instead of euros you would have got a few more cents

Comment

Hello..
                Does this rom "Yundoo Y8 Android 7.1.2 - SCV1" work on H96 pro plus ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
                  sweet rom works well for me if you accepted real money £s instead of euros you would have got a few more cents
                  Well i accept euro $ £, well i think paypal it converts the £ to euro auto if i remember correctly.

Originally posted by lsinew View Post
                  Hello..
                  Does this rom "Yundoo Y8 Android 7.1.2 - SCV1" work on H96 pro plus ? Thanks
                  Nop

Comment

Does this box not work with IPTV channels on h265? Tnks.

Comment

Hi with this ROM strangely I can't use properly my air mouse. For example, on YouTube App, if I'm using the cursor with the accelerometer I cannot select any video. That also happens on other apps. With the YouTube App from PlayStore it does not happen. Also, with the YouTube App from the ROM (the TV one) I cannot search as it only works with voice search.

Comment

Originally posted by capelo View Post
                        Hi with this ROM strangely I can't use properly my air mouse. For example, on YouTube App, if I'm using the cursor with the accelerometer I cannot select any video. That also happens on other apps. With the YouTube App from PlayStore it does not happen. Also, with the YouTube App from the ROM (the TV one) I cannot search as it only works with voice search.
                        Here working fine, a MINIX NEO A3 Gyroscope 2.4G Wireless Fly Air Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by capelo View Post
                          Well the included YT atv it only works ok with the default remote or use the directional keys in your airmouse, if it dont work with yours just mix the usage of default remote with airmouse only when needed... is what i do...
                          Search is working just fine just press back when is in voice search and it will auto. change back to directional keys text mode search

Comment

superceleron , This box does not play IPTV channels on h265 ?

Comment

Originally posted by caldeusrp View Post
                              superceleron , This box does not play IPTV channels on h265 ?
                              Do you have free h265 iptv streams to test the problem and what app are you using?
                              I also want to test on my devices io see it works or see if I also have a problem.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X